Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Inky Impressions Challenge #2 - CD Calendar Case

Hi Friends! Okay. . .I finally was able to upload photos to my blog. Like I said this morning in my previous post. . .my Internet wasn't working yesterday and today because our router decided to stop working. Right now we're using a temporary router until my husband can buy a new one. Unfortunately, this older back up router is a bit testy and "slow". Ugggh!!

Here is my project for the Inky Impressions Challenge #2. The challenge is to "Think Outside the Box" and create a 3D or altered project.

Because I needed a July calender, I decided to create this CD calendar for July. I used "Bunny Ears Lili" but her bunny ears didn't really quite match the month of "July". ..I covered Lili's ears by drawing a hat! LOL! I also added flower stickers to the basket to cover up the Easter eggs that are in the basket. Hey. .sometimes you just gotta improvise.

I got the idea from Cami of "Capture A Heart". She had created a card altering Lili's bunny ears and the basket and I thought . . .hey, great idea!

Be sure to stop by Inky Impressions Challenge blog and check out the other cool projects that the design team created!

Also. . .stop by the Inky Impressions store and get your stamps so you can play in the weekly challenges!!


Here is a close up of Lili. I colored this cutie with my Copic Markers.

I created a tutorial of this project a while back. . .if you want to try it out: Click Here For the calendar template:

Click Here. It's an easy project so try it out when you have the chance.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Card Details

Stamps: Inky Impressions Bunny Ears Lili
Paper: K&Co designer paper, SU Pretty in Pink
Ink: Copic Markers, Scribbles Iridescent Paint
Accesories: Making Memories Brads, Marvy flower Punch, CD Case, Jolee's by you flower embellishment, EK Success Border Punch


22 comments:

Chris (catt871) said...

WOWWWWWWW!!! Maria, that is the cutest calendar I have ever seen!!!! AND GREAT job covering her ears with a hat...sooo clever!!!!!! And thanks for the link to the tutorial.....gonna go check it out!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!

Elena said...

Very cute! Wonderful job on this challenge! I love your idea with the hat! You are so creative!

Sassy's Ramblin's said...

This is STUNNING Maria! Your coloring always amazes me! Gorgeous!

Cindy Haffner said...

Maria you rock!!!!!!!!! I want to try this, it looks so cool.

Leslie said...

how absolutely darling is that.

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

Hi Maria, I was completely blown away when I seen what you did to bunny ears LiLi. I knew that you were really good at working with just about anything....I love the fact that you were able to make her so versatile! I am honored to have you as one of the Inspirational Inkettes! Your work is truly amazing and one of a kind! : ) HUGE INKY HUGS! Nicole :)

de said...

You rock lady! Love it! ;-) Taking any pictures lately?! I haven't. Maybe I need to get my photo challenge ROLLIN.

Denise said...

Maria,
This is just too cute!! Love that sweet image. Another beautiful project. Hope your week is going great.

doris said...

This is just too cute and sweet. Another beautiful project Maria!!

Hugs
Doris xx

Becky said...

wow is right! This is just gorgeous, love this image and all the details.

Beth Norman said...

So, so cute. You are so creative.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fab idea Maria, love the cute image and your colouring is beautiful. Hugs Nikki x

Dawn Easton said...

Oh goodness Maria, this page is so sweet girl! Love how you've embellished it! That girl is adorable too!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so adorable!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

great idea! This is adorable!

Vicki G said...

Cute! you are just the most talented Surfer Chicka I KNOW!!!!!

Hugs,

Vicki

Sheri Gilson said...

Love everything about it!!! The image, colors, layout, detail...

Cami said...

Maria, the hat you drew is so darn cute! At first, I was going to ask what stamp this is so I can get one then I read you drew this! Of course, I know you have the talent to draw but this hat can be used in so many ways! I love this idea! Can I "borrow your hat?" Your calendar is just beautiful! Your color selection is always so appealing and that's something I have to work on. Great job on this challenge, Maria. Love it! Hugs, Cami

Rita said...

Another great creation Maria! I luv it girl! I could certainly use one of these in my craft room...maybe I should make one for myself someday!

Sandra said...

Awesome work Maria....your coloring is amazing and the colors are perfect!!
Sandy

2 Worlds said...

very cute

Risa said...

Your calendar case is awesome Maria! Your image is adorable and colored in beautifully!
hug

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |