Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mini Flip Card/Album Tutorial



Hey Friends! Remember that mini flip card/album I created I few days ago? Click Here for the project


Well, I finally got around to creating the tutorial! Yipee. This sample is not all dressed up like the one I previously made because I was unsure what I wanted to do with the inside and I really wanted to post the tutorial to share with all of you. I've been telling you the last few days that I would post it and I didn't want you to think I was a liar! LOL!

Anyway. . .I'm sorry it took a few days to create the tutorial but I got a little distracted with a few life things. Arrrghh, today was an especially draining day on the telephone. I really hate those automated customer service representative on the phone. . .you know the ones that make you punch all these options then make you wait for the longest of time before a real person comes on. Well, it sucked 4 hours of my day today and by the end, I didn't get the answer I wanted to hear which frustrated me further.




To relieve stress, I actually washed the dishes! LOL!! It was an amazing cleaning day! It's funny what motivates me to clean the house. I should wait on the phone more often! LOL!

Anyway, enough complaining which I seem to do a lot lately. Sorry about that! Hey, on a brighter note, the Fed Ex guy dropped off the last two Twilight books so I will have something to stay awake for the next few nights. I can go without sleeping when I'm reading a good book. Seriously. I'm really excited to read what happens next in "Eclipse", the third Twilight book. It's beginning to get juicy!

Okay, okay, now to my project. Aww, look at little Pink Cat Studio Sweet Pea jumping out of the box. . ..so cute! I colored Sweet Pea with my Copic Markers and added abit of SU Crystal Effects to parts of the image. Yeah, nothing new! LOL!


This mini flip card/album opens up like a gate fold then reveals and inner gate fold. Again, it's not decorated because I'm still deciding whether to journal or add photos.






Finally, when you open up the inner gate, it opens up to reveal the center with a panel that you can add a photo, journal or a hand written note. How fun! Anyway, scroll down and check out the tutorial. It's really easy to make. No compicated folds or crazy instructions. It's a quick and painless project!!

Card Details:

Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Sweet Pea
Papers: SU Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, DCWV Designer Paper
Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura gel pen
Accessories: SU Crystal Effects, Fiskar scallop scissors, Coluzzle Oval template, Grosgrain Ribbon


With the tutorial below, if you want to print it, click on the drop menu that is labeled "more". It'll give you the option to print as well as save the document. You may view a full page of the tutorial by clicking on the icon to the very top right corner. It'll open up a new window with the tutorial. If you just want to enlarge directly on the blog, click on the + button or the magnifying glass! Scroll down the page by sliding the scroll bar to the right of the tutorial. Anyway, try the tutorial out when you have a chance!


Mini Flip Card-Album



25 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Love this...great color choices. One day...in my fifties...I will get to try it!

Smita said...

Thank you for the tutorial, Maria! Hope to try it soon. :-) Looks simple enough for me to follow (till I mess up the scores, of course!)...LOL!

Hugs,
Smita

Ila said...

Totally Fabulous card Maria!! and another Wonderful tutorial!!..Happy Easter!!...Hugs, Ila

Kim's Life said...

very cool! thanks for the tutorial! Your creations are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Ooooh...that baby is adorable! Love all the bright colors! Thanks for the tutorial...I'll add to my "Try me" stash...hehe!

Maria Therese said...

cool card!!

Dawn Easton said...

Awesome tutorial Maria! I hope to find some time this long weekend to try it out!!! I could add some super cute pics to it and send to my parents...thanks for sharing!!

Elena said...

Maria, thank you so much for this great tutorial! Love it! Love this cutie!
Sorry you had to deal with this phone buttons... I don't like it too...
You asked me on my blog about Sergei - only we call him a bug :)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Oh Maria! Thanks for making up this tutorial!!! It looks awesome :) I hope to have time over the weekend!

How's that book? ;)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Four hours on the phone? Holy moly!! That's awful! Good thing you have those two books to cheer you up! You're going to love them! Forget about doing anything while reading Breaking Dawn. You will be obsessed!!

Love this! Just gorgeous! I'll have to check out your tutorial!!

Denise said...

OMGosh Maria, this is awesome,Love the vibrant colors! I don't know if I can attempt one like this, but I think I may try....
Very adorable baby image.

WickedPixie said...

Your card is SO cute! Thanks for the tutorial - It is really appreciated! :-) Traci

Michele Spera said...

Maria
I just found you blog and I love this card!! the colrs are so bright and cheery:-) Thank you for the tutorial, I'm always up for new ideas to make:-)
you did a really nice job!
Michele spera

Sandra said...

Maria love your flip card, great colors.... terrific tutorial, i'll be making one of these! I just ordered some stamps from Pink Cat Studio and can't wait to get them!
Sandy

Tonniece said...

Great tutorial Maria. Will have to give this a try.

TFS

Jodi said...

I hate those phone things too!! It really does take forever to get a real person. I love your creation for today and have made one last year for a class we did. They do take time but the end result is so fun!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Heather said...

Awesome album- I just love the colors.

Teri said...

Hi Maria! Love your flip album! I've been trying to comment from home, but something funky happened to my computer :0 Thanks for the tut.

CreativeMish said...

This is such a cute idea! I love the bunny ears! what a fun stamp

Emily said...

sooo cute I love your coloring and the layout!!!

Risa said...

Your card is so precious and cute Maria! I love your color combo and your image is totally precious!
hugs
Risa:)
p.s. Thanks for the awesome tutorial as well:)

Becky Carafa said...

Seriously, you are a creative GENIUS!!!! Love it!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card and brilliant tutorial Maria. I will definately be having a bash at this one!
Viv xxx

Rleen said...

Beautiful card as always. I love the color combo and how you tied the ribbon. I need to learn how to tie the ribbon.

Janna said...

Maria this is just adorable! I love how you can put a photo in the center1 Too too cute! the colorign and bright colors are so much fun! Makes me want Easter here even sooner!

I hate it when you have to go through those automated telephone services! They are the worst! I feel for you!

Smiles,
janna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |