Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pink Cat Studio Contest - Lily At the Beach

Hi Friends!! Pink Cat Studio is having a contest in anticipation of their April Stamp Set Release of "Lily at the Beach" stamp set on April 23rd.



Here are the contest details:

To be eligible to win you will need to post the above animated blinkie on the side bar of your blog and leave it there until the contest ends. Then please leave a comment in the Pink Cat Studio post stating that you added the blinkie and also include a link to your blog.

If you don't have a blog you can still enter the contest. Just leave a comment in this post and say that you would like to enter the contest even though you don't have a blog.

Click here to read the instructions on how to add the blinkie to your blog.This contest will end on April 22nd at 5 pm EST and the winner will be announced on this blog on April 23rd. The winner will be randomly chosen from everyone who enters the contest and she will win the new Lily at the Beach stamps.If you have questions about this contest please post them in the comments section of this post.

Lately I've been using a lot of images using cute stamps and I wanted to do something a little elegant. This is my attempt in making an elegant card with a cute image!

The image is from the Pink Cat Studio Sweetheart stamp set. I don't know. . .what do you think? Do you you think it looks elegant? I love the designer paper. . .it has an elegant look to it, huh?

I colored Lily & Billy with my Copic Markers. ..this was actually a quicky card. . .not much embellishments or anything like that. With elegant cards. . .you have to sort of keep the design simple. It's harder to achieve the elegant look, I think. You have to sort of rely on the designer paper, colors of your card or ribbon to make the card stand out but remain simple!!


I decided to work on the inside a little. Just trying to use up some of my designer paper. I have way too many of them.

Hey, if I haven't stopped by your blog to say hello it's just that I've been so busy this week! I try to fit time to visit on a daily basis and I do so when I can . . .I'll stop by and say hello soon!!

Anyway, be sure to add your Pink Cat Studio Blinkie and good luck on the contest!!
Don't forget to scroll down to my previous post and check out the mini album I made for my husband for his birthday!!









Card Details:

Stamp Set: Pink Cat Studio Lily & Billy Sweethearts
Paper: Colorbok designer paper, SU Real Red, Basic Black
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: SU Word Window Punch, Basic Grey Ribbon, Coluzzle Heart Template, Fiskar Scallop Scissors, Flower charm (?), Key Tag Punch, Red Metallic Cord




16 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Maria this is darling, I love your striking paper, just perfect for Lily and Billy. --they are a darling pair. Hugs Cindy

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Maria this is stunning inside and out. I adore how you stamped them in the heart. It just looks so perfectly laid out. You ROCK! Thanks for the heads up about the contest. Gotta love that Lilly! :O)

Kyoko said...

Aisos Maria! I just LOVE the colors ... two of my favorite colors combined ... what more could a girl ask for! Tee Hee!!

Unknown said...

Well you've managed it Maria! I love the rich colours and the distressing adds to the look.
Totally successful!!!
Viv xx

de said...

Wow Maria! I love this! The colors and textures and dp... and the image is ADORABLE!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Great card! I won a set and need to use it.

Dawn Easton said...

Maria, this turned out beautifully!! I love the dp you used and decorating the inside is always a nice finishing touch. Wish I did that more often...lol
Have a wonderful weekend!

Lise Roy said...

WOW!
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!
so elegant and gorgeous!

Diane said...

Oh cute cute cute!!!! Well if you have too much dp,I know what you could do with it,lol!!
A girl can never have too much paper,is that possible?
Have a great weekend Maria!

Sharon said...

Hi Maria
Yes I think the papers and bow make it look very elegant. I really love these stamps, I think I may have to invest in some as I don't have any YET!
Gorgeous card as always.

Have a great weekend. x

Danni said...

Yes, very elegant!! What a wonderful card!

CreativeMish said...

What an adorable card! I've never bought Pink Cat Studio stamps. Do they just stick to acrylic blocks??

I added the blinkie to my blog...

Elena said...

I think you did a fantastic job with an elegant card. I really love the papers you used! And of course I always adore Lily and Billy!

Rita said...

Cute card, that paper with the red accents really make the image pop! I have this stamp set & I luv it! Only used it once so far!

2 Worlds said...

Its a very strong color combination I liked !

Risa said...

Your card is totally terrific Maria! The DP is gorgeous and your images are the cutest!
hugs
Risa:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |