Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pink Cat Studio "Lily at the Beach" Sneak Peek Day #2

Hi Friends! It's Wednesday already? Oh, gawd! Unbelievable!! Wasn't it just Monday? Something happened . . .a whole day went by like a blur! Well, today is Pink Cat Studio Sneak Peek Day #2! Whoohoo!! Awesome, awesome!!

Today, we're featuring Lily as a mermaid. How cute is that? Pink Cat Studio is releasing "Lily at the Beach" on April 23rd and this cute mermaid image is one of stamps in the set! Such a fun summer set!!

Do you see Lily? Well, I tried to give her a "tan" face. . you know like the ones at the tanning salon? LOL~ unfortunately, her face is almost the same color as her hair. . the peroxide blond color. . slightly orangey. LOL! I should've colored Lily's hair a darker color so her face wouldn't blend with the hair color but I figured blondes have more fun! Not necessarily true but that's what people say.

Anyway. . .I colored Lily with my Copic Markers and decided to alter a mini clipboard that I bought at Office Depot. . .yeah, they sell the smaller size clipboards!!

Well, be sure to check out the other cards created by the other design team members:

Becky Carafa
Janna Hull
Jodi Ann Lee
Lauren Meader
Lise Roy
Maria Bell
Mariska van der Veer
Sarah Anderson
Vicki Garret
Nikki Fairbairn
Guest Designer: Tori Wild

Card Details:

Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Lily at the Beach
Papers: DCWV designer paper Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Fiskar scallop scissors, various ribbons, Coluzzle Oval Template


23 comments:

Mariska said...

I just love your use of ribbons!! I have a whole box full of them but hardly ever use them but looking at your creations I really should use them MUCH more! Love this peace of art sweetie. I don't think the colour of the face and hair are to close at all, I think you coloured her perfectly! Can't wait to see what you've created for the last day!!

xxx
Mariska

Unknown said...

Fabulous altering Maria!
I'd love a clip-board that funky!
The surf-board DP is a great touch and Lily's tan is just fine! lol
Viv xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

I love how you have decorated the clipboard Maria and the papers are just perfect, Gorgeous colouring and I love how you have given Lily's tail dimension. I think Lily's face looks a great colour, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Diane said...

Wish I had a tan like Lily right now! What a cool clipboard!
Love it!

Vicki G said...

This is adorable Maria!!!! So sweet! Love the ribbons and the DP~~~ Great work!

Vicki

Lise Roy said...

your clip-board is beautiful!
Great idea! very brilliant!

Lauretta See said...

that is really cute ;) i like the what you did with this mermaid.. it is so different then all the other ones i seen :)) very nice! xx

Unknown said...

omg! How cool is this?! You always make the coolest projects. I wish I had that much stampbition ;o)! lol! You projects yesterday were amazing, too. That photo thingy is just too cute!

Janna said...

MAria, I am loving this!!!! Seriously! Of course it is way, way to cute to ever use as a real clipboard but it would be awesome sitting out on a shelf in someones room!!! Too, too cute!!! The papers are amazing and I love that you put the sentiment on the clip itself! That is why you are a genius!

And the face coloring is perfection! Hey if it is a little orange that is okay, that is what happens when you spray on tan anyway! LOL!

Smiles,
janna

Vicky said...

Maria, this is just too awesome! I love the clipboard and your paper selection is just perfect with this image. Love it!!

Savitri said...

Your coloring is just always define! Jealous! Gorgeous card as always, lady!!!

Unknown said...

oh so cute!!!

Denise said...

Love it! Love the clip board, that paper goes so well with the theme. I checked out Jodi Lee's creation, and now after checking out yours too I will have to buy that set!!!

Christine said...

I am loving this stamp set more and more every day. Lily the Mermaid, how cool. I can't wait for the release. Love, love, love your clipboard. What a fun thing to use. I bet some of the girls at the elementary school that I teach at would love using that in school. Awesome sneak peeks.
xoxo, Christine

WickedPixie said...

So, so cute Maria! I love the papers you used with this (I have to see if I can find them!) and I think her tan looks great! :-) Traci

Elena said...

Lily is so precious! I love the chipboard you created! Love your idea with the ribbons!

Danni said...

Oh what a great clipboard! So fun!

CreativeMish said...

Love the mermaid! My girls used to be able to recite The Little Mermaid when they were little!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

what a fun clipboard

Cathy said...

I love this clipboard!!! So cute!! I need some of that surfboard paper!!

Hugs, Cathy

Becky Carafa said...

Fabulous, Maria! I love her tan and popped up tail. Great idea for the clipboard!

Jodi said...

Wow, this is so cute! Love that you used her on a clipboard, how creative! That DP really adds a beach flair to it!!
You have colored Lily so well
Hugs,
Jodi=)

image coloring said...

What a wonderful card!! Love the picture colouring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |