Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Greeting Farm Down by the Pond

Hi Friends!! Boy, I've got a lot of stuff to work on and post! Yikes! Don't be surprised to see more than one post each day for the next week or so. I don't like to post all my stuff on one post because it gets rather long so two post a day will be better.

I was thinking today . . . I wonder what it'll be like when I return to school in January. One thing for sure is I won't be crafting like I am now. I'm a little sad about that. Crafting and blogging have been such a fun experience for me. I do embrace change and I cope with change very well but I don't know. . .I think I'll miss my life the way it is.

Life isn't stagnant. I mean. . . going back to school isn't a necessity so it doesn't mean that I have to stick with it if it turns out to be an unpleasant experience. LOL!! Gosh, I'm already thinking negative but I do know how hard it is to go to college so I'm realistic. It takes a lot of your time and energy to do well in school unless you just want to cruise through it. . .now, that's a different story.

I was just thinking of how it was with my first degree and people, I don't think I slept for more than 3 hours in a day for 4+ years. It'll be easier this time around because back then, I was working while going to school. This time, I'll just be going to school. I don't know. . .I'm a little worried because I was younger the first time around and I no longer have as much "spunk" as I used to! Back then, I could function without sleep. . .I don't think I can do that any more. LOL! We'll see what happens.

Hey look at all the fishes. .they're images from The Greeting Farm stamp set "Down by the Pond. I drew in the plants and rocks because I couldn't find a designer paper that had an ocean scenary.

The flower designer paper was just a last minute addition. It doesn't even go with the theme of my card but I was too lazy to look for a designer paper that matched the colors of the images. This was the closest I could find in my pile of scrap designer paper.



I colored the fishes with my Copic Markers. . .just sort of blending two to three colors together and I added a bit of stickles which you can't really see.

Anyway, come back later today to check out the mini album I created for my husband.

Hope y'all have a wonderful Wednesday!!

Card Details:

Stamps: The Greeting Farm Down by the Pond
Papers: K&Co designer paper, SU Tempting Turquoise, Garden Green, Green Galore (I think)
Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura Gel Pen
Accessories: CB Embossing Folder, Fiskar scallop scissors, Stickles, SU Designer Label Punch, 1" circle punch, Word Window Punch, Large Oval Punch, Office Depot swirl clip, Making Memories ribbon, Basic Basic Ribbon



19 comments:

Beth Norman said...

This is super dooper cute!! Good luck with the school thing. I'm sure you'll find it easy once you get into a routine.

wendyp said...

LOVING those super cute fish! Awesome card!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Maria, I think the bkgrd paper works here. It could be pretty flowers that grow under water. Ü

Your fishes are awesome! I love the plants and rock you added, plus the embossed paper. Your coloring totally ROCKS!!

I will miss your blogging when you go back to school. Make lots of extra goodies and start preposting for next year. Then we will still get to see your artwork. Ü

I too have been toying with the idea of going to school, but I would do it and work, so it would be nite classes and summer school. Would take longer, but would still be bringing in some income (my oldest will be going to college in two years, so need to keep working).

Jodi said...

How cute~ I love that the papers match so well!! Love the drawing you did for the rocks and seaweed to make an ocean scenery!! =)
I can see those pretty stickles too!
You will do fine in school, I am sure of it, just make time for yourself to blog and keep us updated! (and of course to talk story too!) LOL!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Emily said...

Wow!!!! I love this creation!!! I totally am going to try this!!!

Elena said...

Fintastic card! I love the scene you created!
Oh, Maria... I think what you will decide for yourself is very important and we all will respect your choice (but of course we will miss your cards).

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow-zers Girl....... Fantastic!!!

Tracy.H said...

Love, love, love your fishies!! School will be great...cause this time around it will be something just for you and something fun!! :0)

Marisa said...

Maria this is another awesome creation!! Your cards are very fun and colorful...very inspiring! Yes going to school does not leave much time for crafting! I am back to school and with a family and crafting, it does get hectic! But in the end it's all worth it!! Have a great day!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Yea! Congrats on going back to school! That is sooo exciting :)

Cute fishy card! I love the background you made for them! Very cool!

Happy Hump Day ;)
{{hugs}}, margie

Danni said...

Another amazing card!! So vibrant!
I will miss you blogging and creating as much as well but hopefully you can still get a few projects out once in a while!

Unknown said...

your work is just amazing.

Unknown said...

Ooooo! I love what you did to make the water. You should do that on one of the new PCS cards! I was thinking I would just case you and do it myself, but forgot for a minute that you're on the same team. LOL. :)

specialcraftmom4 said...

Gorgeous card! Love the embossing on this card. Great job like always (:

de said...

WOW! I love this! The fish are so cute and the colors are so perfect! Great job!

Tina said...

I am so lovin this card - the fish are super cute and the bubble texture makes the card flow with the theme - you are an inspiration...

Christine said...

What a beautiful card. I love the sparkles on the fish and the texture on the paper. Such details always make your cards just stand out!! Maybe I missed it but why are you going back to school? Do you want to or have to? Just curious.

CreativeMish said...

These are great little fishies! What are you taking in school? Is it continuing education for your nursing? Or something new?

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

I love the fishes cause they're so delicious! ;O) This is HOT! Love the colours, the texture, everything! :O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |