Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Greeting Farm Fairy Tink

Hi Friends!! I decided to create another card using the Greeting Farm "Fairy Tink" and using my current favorite color combo yellow/blue/green. Did you know. . .in the past I did not like yellow on my cards but lately, I've been using it on many of my cards. Not sure why. . .it's like I'm drawn to it. . . it doesn't mean I like it but I seem to reach for it anyway.

Remember yesterday I was thinking of returning to college to obtain a second Bachelors degree. I was looking at the different "emphasis" at the Univ of California art's program and there was a list of specialization. I, initially, was thinking of specializing in "graphic art" but after I reviewed the list, I decided that maybe "photography" would be something I would be more interested in.

Oh, gosh. . .the more I think about it, the more excited I become. Although 2/3D art design or graphic art would be fun, I don't think I can find a job . . .I can draw and may learn to draw better but I'm not "gifted" naturally. But, photography would be something I can do. . .I can be a freelance photographer or even open my own studio.

Okay, I'm getting ahead of myself but honestly, if you don't "dream big", it won't happen. I was always a believer of dreaming big and although you may not accomplish the end goal , even half way is still fulfilling. We'll see how things go. . .it may not happen but the more I think about it, the more I want it to happen.

Anyway. . just a little bit about my card. I colored "Fairy Tink" with my Copic Markers. You can't see it but there's shimmers on her hair, dress and wings using Sakura Stardust gel pen.

I think I'll start being more creative with my cards. . . .adding more scenary but I have a tendency to be lazy and just want to finish up the card as quickly as possible.

I decided to work on the inside again, adding designer paper, panel and a mini envelope with an insert.


Here is the sentiment inside the envelope. It's a great way to add a message to the card. It's kinda fun opening up the envelope with a hidden message.

Anyway, I hope you all have a fantastic day and don't forget to stop by the Greeting Farm and check out their fabulous stamps and products.




Card Details:
Stamps: The Greeting Farm "Fairy Tink", MFT (sentiment)
Paper: MME designer paper, SU Cool Caribbean, Yoyo Yellow, Certainly Celery
Ink: Copic Markers, SU Tempting Turquoise, Sakura Stardust gel pen, Sakura gel pen
Accessories: Grosgrain ribbon, Fiskar scallop scissors, Coluzzle Oval Template, SU mini envelope template

>

20 comments:

Danni said...

Oh how exciting to go back to school for photography! I had my own little photography business before I met my husband, so much fun...and work! LOL! But I'd so love to learn more. I'm a big chicken though, don't know I could do the whole school thing again. I so want to go for zoology~~becoming a zookeeper, but we'll see.
Okay, now I've blogged in your blog....
Love your card. I've been using more yellow lately too...and I really like the inside of this one too!

Emily said...

soooo cute I love those greeting farm stamps!!!

Diane said...

Oh Maria! You make me want to buy more stamps and I can't!!!!
Oh how precious she is!!!
Love the sketch,the ribbon,the dp,heck I love it all!!!!

Rita said...

OMGosh Maria, you still amaze me girl, this card is so beautiful & I luv the colors! Great idea with the envelope inside with a hidden message!

Joy said...

wonderful job on this tink card! I love those fairies and you color so well! DREAM BIG GIRL!!! go for the stars! you'll go far because you have the talent and the drive! get excited and do it! I know you can!!!

Savitri said...

Fabulous stamp and of course coloring. I love the inside of the card too.

I'm taking a photo class next fall. I'm auditing... no grades for me :p It should be fun. The last photo class I took was 15 years ago or so in college. Eeek, I'm getting old!!

Lisa Foster said...

Oh Wow!!! This is amazing! The little inside suprise is so sweet! You always blow me away with your fabulous creativity!

Janna said...

Oh Maria this sounds like a great idea!!! I think everyone should have a job you feel pasionate about! This sounds so, so exciting!!! I can hardly wait to see what happens! I know you will be amazing at it!!!

I love your tink card! She is is just adorable and you are right that yellow looks amazing!! Your coloring is beautiful and I adore the layout and all the little details! So whimisical and fun!

smiles,
janna

Shelly said...

You go girl! Dreaming big is where it starts.

Your card is darling. I like the yellow. It seems fitting for this time of the year.

Risa said...

Your card is such a cutie Maria! The fairy is so cute and the idea of a hidden message is awesome!
hugs
Risa:)
p.s. Way to go on your decision to return to school!!!

JackieLou said...

Great card Maria. I love the little tink...

JackieLou said...

oh yeah I forgot to say Yey Photography! hehehehe I say you will be the best student ever. I need to start dreaming bigger so I can be the RN that I wanna be..

WickedPixie said...

How in the world can you refer to yourself as "lazy" with all that fabulous coloring and those gorgeous insides?

It's so exciting to get to learn about something you are passionate about! I wish you the best of luck! :-) Traci

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

You go for it girl. I have had a few Photography classes and have all the professional equipment and camera and such but mostly just do my kids and millions of pictures of them at that!!!!!

I have done a couple of weddings and such but mostly just fun stuff for friends!!!!

I do not have the time right now with the 3 little ones but some day that would be awesome to do that!!!!

I hope your biggest dreams come true!!!!!

I love these fairy's and I need to make another card with them now!!!

Your cards are such an inspiration and so much eye candy every day!!!

Heather

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so darling, I love Greeting Farm stamps, and you make them rock. I can't wait to get mine, soon I hope.

Jodi said...

I think you would do so well in a photography class, all your pics are very nicely taken!! Not to say you wouldn't do well in all of the other fields you mentioned. LOL!
Very cute card and I love those colors too!! Great idea for the envelope on the inside!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Cami said...

Hi Maria! Another cute card with great colors. I, too, have been gravitating toward using yellow in my cards and maybe because it's sunny and cheerful! Great coloring and color combo. Whatever you decide to do, you will the best at it. You take very good pics already but hey, your own "studio" when the kids leave the nest, great idea! Hugs, Cami

doris said...

A sweet stamp and a fantastic card.

Doris xx

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This Tink card is just SO sweet! I love the little envelope & your colouring is ultra dreamy!!! Your plans for University sound fabulous. I could easily see you as a freelance photographer. Your photography blows me away already. You are so right about dreaming big & about yellow too. I need to try some yellow on cards. It adds such sunniness. Hope you have a great weekend.

Elena said...

So precious! Love how you colored this Fairy! Love your inside! So creative!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |