Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Little C's Stamp n' Scrap Hawaii Whiff of Joy Pink Christmas and Coloring on Vellum Tutorial

Hi Friends!! Today is Day #4 of my Facebook "Thankful For". Today on Facebook I posted "I'm thankful because a lost cat chose our house to find comfort" LOL! I was awoken this morning at 5:00 am with this constant meowing and I thought that maybe our cat was trapped in a closet or something so I walked around the house. My husband also walked around the house looking for our cat and he heard a meowing outside of the house. He opened the front door and there was a beautiful looking cat at our doorstep. As soon as my husband opened the door, the cat tried to get into our house. It was 36 degrees this morning so it was obvious the poor cat was cold so I told my husband to let her in. Luckily, she had a tag and we called the owner.

I'm glad she came to our house because if she were have to gone to another house, they may have turned her away. We have cats of our own and they're like family to us so we could not turn this poor kitty away. Maybe she chose our house because she knew that we would take care of her. The cat's name was "Princess". .. and she did look like a princess. Well, she's back with her family. I hope that they don't let her out again when the temperature is so cold or at least keep track of her so she doesn't get lost again. Actually, this is the second cat to meow at our door step on a cold morning. I guess our house is the neighborhood cat shelter. .. LOL!!

Okay. . .now to my card. Today is my day to post a card at Little C's Stamp n' Scrap Hawaii. I wanted to do something different so I decided to stamp on vellum and use my SU markers to color the image. The face is a little dark because the SU Marker seem to color darker than the color of the marker's cover. I adhered the vellum on to designer paper to pretty up the background a little bit. I think I'm going to color more images on vellum. I have a lot of them and I'd really like to use them. Next time, I'll use Copic Markers because I have more color options. Below is a tutorial on coloring on vellum. I actually created this tutorial a whle ago.

I decided to the Whiff of Joy image "Melinda Christmas Angel". You can find this beautiful stamp at Little C's along with a lot of other Whiff of Joy stamps! Be sure to stop by Little C's and check out all the fun stamps there!!!


In person, the image has a pretty translucent look to it. Try it out! It's a great way to use up your vellum paper.

Anyway. .. today is a busy day so I better hop to it! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday!!!


Coloring on Vellum Paper

3 comments:

Diane said...

Oh my,that is so gorgeous Maria!!!
Such a neat look on vellum!!!

Christine said...

Wow, that is so pretty. I never thought to stamp on vellum. I will have to try that. Have a great day!
xoxo, Christine

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty Maria!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |