Saturday, February 21, 2009

Pink Cat Studio Sneak Peek Day 1 - Enchanted Lily and Hanging 4x4" Post-It Note Holder Tutorial


Hello Friends!! Whoohoo! It's Day 1 of sneak peeks of the new Pink Cat Studio "Enchanted Lily" stamp set!! Yay! Let's all do the happy dance. . .why? Well. . .because Lily is a fairy with pretty wings and looking absolutely adorable!! Today Lily on the swing is being featured. . .now, isn't she the cutest or what? I see you nodding your head in approval! LOL! The stamps will be released on February 23rd . . .we'll be doing 3 days of sneak peeks so be sure to stop by tomorrow to see another sneak peek of this AWESOME stamp set.

I decided to create this "Hanging Post-it Note Clip Board" and I even provided a tutorial. I actually first created the tutorial way back in October for my Stampin Up club but I decided to share it with you all!

It's actually a very easy project. . .you can either hang it or attach it to you refrigerator.

Just a little info on this project. I colored Lily with my Copic Markers and added a bit of SU Crystal Effects to the leaves and to her wings.

Be sure to stop by Pink Cat Studio online store as well as their blog. PCS also has a group site on Paper Craft Planet and there's an awesome challenge hosted by Heather going on right now!! Be sure to stop by and join in the fun!!

Check out the beautiful cards and projects that the design team members created:

Becky Carafa
Janna Hull
Jodi-Ann Lee
Lauren Meader
Lise Roy
Lauren Meader
Mariska van der Veer
Nikki Fairbairn

Sarah Anderson
Vicki Garret

Guest DT - Suzanne Dean








Project Details:

Stamps: Pink Cat Studio "Enchanted Lily"
Paper: K&Co Designer Paper, DCWV designer paper, SU Certainly Celery
Ink: Copic Markers, SU Pixie Pink
Accessories: SU Crystal Effects, Grosgrain Ribbon, Prima Flowers, Making Memories clip, SU Regal Rose 5/8" ribbon

















With the tutorial below, if you want to print it, click on the drop menu that is labeled "iPaper". It'll give you the option to print. You may view a full page of the tutorial by clicking on the icon to the very top right corner. It'll open up a new window with the tutorial. If you just want to enlarge directly on the blog, click on the + button or the magnifying glass! Anyway, try the tutorial out when you have a chance! You can also scroll through the tutorial by using the scroll bar to the right of the tutorial!1

Try it out!!








25 comments:

Mariska said...

I have to try this too Maria!! It's so cute!! I love the colours you picked and how you coloured Lily. And I can completely see a note holder like that hanging on my refrigerator so it is for sure going to be a project I'll do soon!! Thank you for the inspiration sweetie!!!

xxx
Mariska

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is fantastic Maria and such a great gift idea, I just love the design of your holder and thank you for sharing the tutorial, Lily looks so gorgeous and beautifully coloured and I just adore the added glossy accents. Can't wait to stop by tomorrow. Have a great Saturday! Hugs, Nikki x

doris said...

Wow ... what a "fantastic" job.
Thank you for the inspiration...

Hugs, Doris xxx

JackieLou said...

OMG i love it Ms. Maria. Thanks for stoppin' by at the pink artsie. Boy yeah thank god it's only a few days... I don't think I could stand a longer one anyway eheheh I'd probably admit myself into the KooKoo house... hehehehehe Oh yeah I can't wait for Monday heheheh another CSAYL.. whoot whoot... If I may ... I would love to get a take on this post it holder... ooopps I think I gotta run to the 99cents store for more hehehehe. K
huggies,
Jackielou

Jodi said...

Very cool post it holder, I should try this and add it to our refrigerator for quick notes! Great coloring and choice of colors!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Janna said...

Maria!!!!! I love it!!! What a fantastic idea! Thank you so much for including the tutorial as well! Can't wait to try out this project! Of course you never cease to amaze me! How do you come up with so many wonderful ideas!! I love this one with your gorgeous coloring and all the amazing accessories! Truly a work of art in and of itself!

Smiles,
janna

Sandra said...

This is just to cute and Lily is adorable. Love your work....Thankyou for the tutorial!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Maria, this is adorable! The first thing I thought of (since I work at school) was how fun this would be in a locker!

Vicki G said...

WOW!!!! That is SO vibrant Maria!!! I love her chocolate wings and the vibrant colours!!! WOW!!!!

Becky Carafa said...

I love the bright cheery colors and the CE on her wings, too cool! Great project, Maria!

2 Worlds said...

wonderful project Maria

Anonymous said...

What a fun project! I love that Lily image and your coloring is fabulous as usual!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a cute project Maria! Love the great colors and that super cute Lily image. TFS!

Melissa said...

This is so gorgeous Maria! I think I'm going to have to make one for my studio! The colours are so vibrant and fun, you did a fantastic job!!

Elena said...

Love the new Lily Fairy!!! She is so sweet!And your note holder is awesome, Maria! Thank you so much for sharing the tutorial!!! Oh, I just love the colors you chose for coloring!!!
Thank you for sharing the story about berries! Kids can be very creative sometimes!

Lise Roy said...

WOW!
This is a brilliant and gorgeus project!
Love it!
I wil have to try this one day!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Wow---what a fun & beauty of a project! Love the bright colors you used too!

hugz,
Suzanne

Heather Schlatter said...

Great Project and Great Tutorial Maria,

You amaze me more and more every day girl!!!

You did a great job on the layout and coloring of the card part of the project!!!!

Great Job Maria!!!

Heather

Tracy.H said...

This is so awesome Maria! Thank you for yet another creative inspiring project! :0)

Unknown said...

That is so cute! This would be perfect in a girl's locker in school wiht a big ol' magnet on the back! How cute!

Cathy said...

Maria,

This is so cute!! I'm going to have to try this!! Your coloring is fabulous and the design colors are super cute!!

Hugs, Cathy

Jennie said...

Oh, wow Maria. This is such a wonderful gift idea for any occasion. I love the colors and thanks for the tutorial. I will certainly bookmark it for the future!

de said...

I love the bright fun colors of this project! I still love the one we made in the kit club... I bought the accessories to make some for my family with pics of my nephew! I found those fun clips you sent out that I asked you about. Its sitting in my project bin... this inspires me to gettin to craftin!

Rleen said...

This is gorgeous Maria! I love the colors. TFS!

Risa said...

Your project is awesome and your image is adorable! Thanks for sharing the tutorial Maria and I look forward to seeing more of your Pink Cat Studio cards.
hugs
Risa:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |