Saturday, February 28, 2009

OCC Challenge - Use A Tag

Hi Friends!! It's been a while since the last time I participated in the OCC Challenges. This week's challenge is to "Use a Tag" and I thought "hey, just my speed. . .I create tags for my cards all the time". . .LOL! Technically, for me that wouldn't be a challenge, I guess but I decided to play anyway! LOL!!

Do you see the image? I don't know if any of you are familiar with "DJ Inkers" but they've been around for a very long time and I've had their CD images for 10 years or so. I know a lot of elementary teachers use their images. Anyway. . .the image on my card is a digital image.

From to time, I used the digital images on my cards but I always felt a little uncomfortable about it. . .like I was "cheating" as a stamper. LOL! Like I was violating a stamping code of honor! Too funny!

Well, now that many companies out there now sells digital image, well it opened the door for me to use my DJ Inker images. Oh my gosh, I have like 5 different CDs with hundreds of cute images and sentiments. I've had these CDs for years and rarely used them for my cards but oh my. . .don't be surprised to see more. I actually bought them to create coloring books for my daughter when she was little.

I cannot believe years later that they will be useful for other things like card making! Whoohoo! The images are so darn cute!!! DJ Inkers also have awesome fonts!! I have like 2 CDs of fonts on top of the 5 CDs of images!

Anyway. . .just a little info on my card. Again, I colored my image with my Copic Markers and added a bit of SU Crystal Effects and Stickles to the image. That's basically it.





I decided to dress up the inside just a little. Not too much. . .just a matching strip of designer paper and a sentiment.

Anyway, hope y'all have a fabulous weekend!!

Card Details:


Image: DJ Inkers
Paper: K&CO designer paper, SU Green Galore, So Saffron
Ink: Copic Markers, Green Galore, So Saffron
Accessories: Fiskar scallop scissors, Coluzzle Oval template, Prima flowers, JoAnn Heart Brads, SU Word Window Punch, Grosgrain Ribbon, SU Crystal Effects, Stickles

19 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

What fun Maria, I love your sweet image, and fun bright colors. I always love your happy colors. Thanks for playing along with us OCC girls. --Happy week-end!

Danni said...

I remember those CD's. How fun! I struggle with tags, always think I'm making it look awkward or something but you use them so nicely. Sigh. LOL!
Great card!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

First of all I love your card! You can make colors I just don't use so pretty!

I DO remember DJ Inkers. I think I might have given my CD's away though!! I will have to check and see. I have seen that there are several now who are starting to sell digital images....oh my... the possibilities!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Maria, isn't she the sweetest! Love the colours and layout too! Thanks for playing along with us at the OCC! I always adore seeing your work!

Becky Carafa said...

This is so cute, I love the CE and stickles!

Vicki G said...

This is Beautiful Maria......so bright and cheery and just wonderfully coloured!

Vicki

de said...

Ewww, I love this card Maria! I don' have any St. Patty type images... I guess i should work on that!

Thanks for your comments on my blog... I thought I deleted those silly test comments. HE HE. Now I can't figue out how to delete them. Oops. I also changed my comment settings so if you try to post again and it acts "weird" let me know. I had some guy post some advertisement on one of my posts and I don't want that to happen again!

doris said...

A magic card ... wow!

Doris

Tina said...

Maria

this is a super cute card - can I ask - how your marker coloring comes out so nicely...I know you use copic but how do you shade and have that nice fade in the center of your girls dresses - I seem to leave a bunch of strokes marks on my cards. Anyway, I love all your cards. Keep up the marvelous inspiration.

Cathy said...

This is so fun Maria!! The colors are so bright and pretty!! Love the image too. I remember these CD's!! Really great stuff, as usual!!

Hugs, Cathy

Rita said...

Cute card! I luv your bright colors & you are so good at putting color combos together! Luv it Maria!

Jennifer said...

Maria, I love this card and the dp that you used! Great colors and card sketch!! I just might have to lift the sketch! The image is sooo stinkin' cute!

Your comment about the DJ Inkers cd reminds me of how I used to put some of my kids toys away for a period and when I brought them back out again they thought they were new and wanted to play with them again! LOL Same must apply to us adults too!

Elena said...

Very cute card, Maria! Love this image!!! Your cards are always bring a smile to my face!

Tania said...

Really like your cards thought an award might make your day you can pick-up your award here Java beans Creative Escape Have a great Day!-Tania

Risa said...

What a beautiful card and your image is gorgeous! I love the colors and your image is colored in beautifully!
hugs
Risa:)

StampNScrapJunkie said...

this is gorgeous! love it!

Joey said...

Hi Maria, this is absolutely gorgeous, I love the bright colours, the green is so striking, joey.x

Cami said...

What a fun, colorful, cheerful card. I love how you color your images and the color combos you use. Always done to perfection.

Janna said...

OMG!! Digital images are my new addiction! I love, love, love them! They are so much fun! You did a great job with this one she is too cute!! I love the colors and that yummy big ribbon! The perfect touch! Another stunning card1

Smiles,
janna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |