Thursday, February 12, 2009

Big Flower Scrappy Card


Hey Everyone!! It's my first scrappy card on this site. I, typically, post my scrappy cards on Card Inspired but because I decided to consolidate my blog, all my scrappy cards will now be posted on this site.

What is a scrappy card? Basically, cards created using scrapbook embellishments with no rubber stamping. It's like scrapbooking but rather than a layout, you create a card.


The card was primarily created using Colorbok chipboards, Prima flowers, card stock, ribbon, and designer paper.

That's about it.

I layered the prima flowers and attached a brad in the center.

Well hope you all are having a fabulous Thursday!!

Card Details:

Papers: CTMH designer paper, SU Cool Caribbean, Gray card stock
Accessories: Target Prima flower, Prima, Inc., Colorbok chipboards, Satin ribbon





Photos of the Day

Just Killing Time

I took this photo of my daughter as she entered my car when I picked her up from school yesterday. Every week day at approximately the same time every day, I pick up my daughter from school. Sometimes she's late. . .and she makes me wait which annoys the heck out of me. After a few occurrences of making me wait at the parking lot, I told her that I won't pick her up until she calls me.

Well, yesterday she didn't call me at her normal time so I waited at home. While I was waiting, I decided to take photos of the flowers in my front yard.



I really love taking macro shots of flowers because they are the only photos I take that comes out nice. I was playing with the different features on my camera and I'm slowing learning what all the bells and whistles are about.


This photo is the "Bird of Paradise" that I planted about 2 years ago and it's in full bloom. Actually, the flower is beginning to dry out as you can see to the left petals. They are really pretty when they first bloom.



Anyway. . .hope y'all have a fabulous Thursday! I can't believe it's almost the weekend again!! Time sure flies!!


24 comments:

Ila said...

What a Beautiful card!!...love the colors and Gorgeous flower!...enjoyed the lovely photos of the flowers too!!...Hugs, Ila

inlovestamping said...

I love this card. The colors are so striking, All the layers make for an elegant card. The flowers and ribbon are a perfect touch!!

The real flower pics are very pretty and so is your daughter!

Danni said...

What an elegant card. So nice!
Love the photos too, pretty flowers!and pretty girl!

marijke said...

I love it , really its just such a great card and the colours are perrrrrrrfect, greetings from the netherlands

2 Worlds said...

Maria what a elegant card ! Just beautiful !

you said you just use auto on your camera, I'm in love now using aperture, and manual.
There is a free Photography class at twopeas just go in photography and then articles you can download the pdfs its really a great class, I printed them all

katy said...

Wow Maria this is so striking, beautiful colour combo...scrummy xx

Crissy Armstrong said...

Your card is gorgeous, wow. Stunning, really! And your daughter is beautiful and looks just like Mom!

Joy said...

never thought of making a scrappy card...but yours came out so pretty! I love how that flower is just jumping out at you! love how it's b&w and then the splash of color! TFS!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

I love your scrappy card Maria and the flower is gorgeous. Your daughter is so beautiful, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Rita said...

Your card is so pretty Maria, I luv it!

The pics of your flowers are awesome, I luv the "Bird of Paradise" flower, they are so beautiful!

Your daughter is so beautiful Maria & I know that your a proud mom! They can be annoying at times but we luv them anyway!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Maria, the card is beautiful! I was looking at the Prima flowers yesterday at the store. OR, better, I was drooling at them! They are out of my price range, but soooooo pretty.

Your daughter has a striking smile! It used to drive me crazy when the kids would make me wait like that. Fianlly I told them I would wait a specific amount of time, then I would leave...with or without them, Hahaha. I think it was 10 minutes after the usual time. Never had to leve without them, though they did catch me pulling out once!

I also LOOOVE taking micro picts of flowers and you are right, they come out well most of the time. I wish I had a 1-on-1 teacher, LOL, as I could never sit in a class room to learn photography.

Sandy O

Cathy said...

Maria,

I love your card!! Very pretty!! Your daughter is so pretty. She looks like her Mom!!

Your flower pictures are fabulous. I love taking those kind of flowers too. I'm jealous that you have flowers in bloom right now!!

Hugs, Cathy

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and the flower!

Julie

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Gorgeous card! Your daughter is very pretty! I love the flowers too!

Janna said...

OMG!!! I love the Scrappy Card! I never even thought about making a card with scrapbooking elements, but this is totally, totally gorgeous!!! I love the blue and black and the giant flower and sentiment are amazing!! Wow!

Love the picture of your daughter, that is so much fun! I wish my parents would have picked me up. I had to ride the bus and it was so awful because I was the second to the last stop!!!

The flowers are beautiful, you really have a talent for photography and tomorrow I am going to post a picture of Izzy! Thank you so, so much for this wonderful idea!

Smiles,
janna

Elena said...

I love the colors of the scrapy card! Flower is beautiful!
And your flowers from the garden just gorgeous!
Thank you for sharing pictures, Maria!

Cindy Haffner said...

Maria your daughter, your card, and your flowers are all beautiful...
so much beauty in one post......

de said...

Hey Maria! Love the pics! I just ordered two new lenses for my camera! Been saving up. They should arrive in the mail today! So excited. Now to start using them!!! How do you get the borders around your pictures when you post them? I like that look! Keep up the great work!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Beautiful, classy and elegant! I love the colors and the Prima :)
TFS!

Risa said...

Maria this card is a knock out...I love it!!!! The color combo is eye catching and the flower is stunning.
Super photos of your flowers...makes me yearn for Spring even more! lol
hugs
Risa:)

JackieLou said...

Another lovely card. Geez I missed 3 days worth of creation heheheh. Love it all Maria. You're one of the best inspirations ever...

Rina said...

Love the elegance of this card. The black and white, flower, ribbons, etc...so perfect!

Your daughter definately looks like you. Such a pretty young lady. Fabulous photo sharing, you're pretty good with your camera. Great eye for beauty =)

Anonymous said...

Your lovely daughter is so typical, but just think, if she has not made you wait, you might not have taken the pics of the beautiful flowers. So, something good did come out of the situation.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Gorgeousness! I love the colour combos. My fave! Congrats on your first scrappy card on here. Looking forward to many more! Love the big flower on the card! (and the macro shots too.) You're clever to have your daughter call you so you don't end up waiting. Otherwise, we would have never seen these lovely macro shots of your garden. Wish my camera had a macro setting! Happy Valentine's Day hugs, :O) mel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |