Wednesday, February 11, 2009

InStyle Stamps Sneak Peek - Sasha



Hey Friends!! It's "Sneak Peek Day" at InStyle Stamps! Whoohoo!! Drum roll please. . . .it's my pleasure to introduce to you. . . ."Sasha"!! Isn't she "hot" or what?!! To be more specific, "red hot"!! LOL!! I colored Sasha in red because not only is Valentines right around the corner but she wanted to make a big statement on her debut day and what other color can make a bigger statement than red! Right?


Sasha will be available for sale on Friday, February 13th along with 2 of her friends, Lindsay and Steph. Stop by Instyle Stamps blog site to check out the various cards and projects created using the new releases.

There's a lot of fun stuff going on at InStyle this week!! Whoohoo! Yup, InStyle Stamps is full of activities. Here is the scheduled activities going on at InStyle this week:

*Monday, February 9th is Method Monday. Latrice will be featuring her technique this week.

*Tuesday, February 10th, release date of InStyle Stamps Digi Images

*Wednesday, February 11th - Sneak Peak by Maria (me!!)

*Thursday, February 12th is Thankful Thursday .

*Friday, February 13th, Steph will make her debut and the stamp release of Lindsay, Sasha, and Steph!!

Okay. . .just a little info on my card!! I decided to create a 5.5" round card. I colored Sasha with my Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. Yup, you read it correctly. No Copic Markers! LOL!!

I finally brought up my Prismacolor Pencils from the family room into my craft room so I can actually use them. It's been sitting in the family room under the table for couple months and I kept forgetting that they existed. LOL!

I did color the background with my Copic Markers. I meant to use a beige color but when I colored the card stock, I didn't realize how "orangey" the color was until I was already half way coloring it. Argggh!!


I decided to layer my sentiment with a mediums size Prima flower, a heart shape punched using SU Heart to Heart punch and the Word Window Punch for the sentiment.

Anyway, stop by Instyle stamps on Friday the 13th to check out the new stamp and you can now also check out the new Digi images released yesterday!!

Hope you all have a fabulous Wednesday!!

Card Details:

Stamps: InStyle Stamps Sasha, SU A Happy Heart
Paper: SU Real Red, SU Patterns Designer Paper (Hostess), Chocolate Chip
Ink: Prismacolor Pencils, Copic Markers
Accessories: Fiskar scallop scissors, SU Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon (retired), SU Heart to Heart punch, Word Window Punch, Prima flower, Stickles Glitter

25 comments:

Cathy said...

Maria,

I love this! I love round cards and Sasha looks great on there!! She is an adorable image!! Can't wait to get my hands on her!!

Hugs,
Cathy

Sharon said...

She looks lovely Maria. Love her red dress , just right for Valentines.

Sandy said...

Love your card, Maria!! That Sasha is just too cute. Love the colors and your sketch and I love her paper pieced headband.

Fabulous Sneak Peek

JEROSHA ÄRETUN said...

Sasha is indeed RED HOT :D I love all your cards Maria. I'm new to cardmaking especially stamping and I hope someday I will be able to create beautiful cards like yours :D

doris said...

A beautiful card, just a pity that I Sasha does not get in Germany.

Hugs, Doris

marijke said...

its grrrrrrreat

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

All your sketches are so inspiring to me!!! You do such a good job and I adore all the circles on this card that stamp is so super cute and you really did it right the way you show cased it!!!

So so pretty and cute at the same time!!!

Heather

Jodi said...

Hey Maria!! I love round cards and you did an awesome one!! Great sketch and I think I will have to use it..hopefully soon!
Hugs, Jodi

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, these stamps are fab and I love your card design

KeeponScrappin said...

I ♥ the round scalloped card. Very pretty. Oh how I'm lovin the red.

Anonymous said...

THis is an awesome card Maria! I love all the papers and layers. So Pretty.

Cindy Haffner said...

Fab sketch Maria, I love circle cards, red is so pretty.

Rita said...

Ohhh she is so cute & I luv your round card & what you did with it...toooo pretty!!!

Janna said...

Maria, I have to have her!!!! She is incredible!! i just love this image and the card you made with her is amazing! Where does your talent end! Fantastic job!

Smiles,
janna

Risa said...

Oh Maria, you have done it again! I love your circular card and your image is so cute....I think I love Sasha!
hugs
Risa:)

Tonniece said...

And Red HOTTTT she is too. Love the round cards although I have only done a few.

Very sweet image too Maria. Great coloring job.

inlovestamping said...

Wow I love this card. All the layers and the shape of it. Very pretty!

Norine said...

this is too cute love the colors and the image is too cute
Hugs
Norine

Monika/Buzsy said...

I love circle cards! Great colors and super cute image Maria! Love your coloring! TFS!
PS: Still pregnant. :o)

Keri Lee Sereika said...

So cute! I too love round cards...or any card that is not the norm shape...but I never seem to make as many I wish I had! LOL

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Oh wow I just love this card!

Julie

Elena said...

Sasha is so pretty! She looks great in red, Maria! I love your Prisma colored pencils coloring!

JackieLou said...

Ms Maria what gadget do you use to make a scallop card? please please tell me the secret hehehe

Rina said...

Wow Maria, this card is absolutely gorgeous. Great rich color combo and card shape.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

LOVE this! What a fun sneak peek. The lady in red is a looker and the layout for the round card ROCKs! :O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |