Thursday, February 12, 2009

InStyle Stamps Thankful Thursday Sketch Challenge


Hi Friends!! I created this card this evening for InStyle Stamps "Thankful Thursday Sketch Challenge". Stop by InStyle Stamps blog site for the details of this challenge. This week is Sandy's day to create a sketch!! Whoohoo! Awesome sketch Sandy! Be sure to play. . .there's a prize to be given out!!

This is going to be a short post because I need to clean up my craft room really quick before CSI starts. Today is TV night with my husband!! LOL! Every Thursday night at 9:00, I stop whatever I'm doing because this is one night we actually "schedule" time to watch TV. We watch CSI and TiVo "Supernatural" so after we watch CSI, we'll watch Supernatural.

Friday is usually "Family movie night" and Saturday or Sunday is "Bowling Day". From Monday through Wednesday, we usually do our own thing . . .my daughter does her homework, I usually craft and my husband plays his video games. It's not that we don't hang out with one another on those days but they're not "scheduled" days.

Real quick. . .I colored Ginger using my Copic Markers and cut the circle with my Coluzzle circle template and created the scallops with my Fiskar scallop scissors! Don't you have a die, Maria? I actually have the Oval and Circle Nestabilities but I'm too lazy to bring them out and run them through the machine. To attach the ribbons, I used paper clips!!

Anyway, hope y'all have a fabulous Friday!

Card Details:

Stamps: InStyle Stamps Ginger, Heidi Grace
Paper: MME designer paper, SU Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Sizzix die, Fiskar scallop scissors, 1" and 1 1/4" circle punch, Prima flowers, CB embossing folder, Satin ribbons, Paper Clips

19 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh! How bright and cheerful! I love your color selection!

Danni said...

Gorgeous!!! What a great happy card!

Anonymous said...

OMG this is another stunning piece!! The colouring rocks and it matches the paper so well!! Encore please.

Sandy said...

WOW, Maria ... your card is gorgeous. I love those colors. And I love all your embellishing.

Fantastic job with "my" sketch.

Tracy.H said...

Great job, Maria!! :0)

Little C's Creations said...

Awesome creation!! Love your color combo on here... actually, I love all your color combos...lol!!! We don't usually schedule our days together, but I find that every Wednesday night we are sitting on the couch watching "LOST" and "Ghost Hunters". We love CSI to, but I think on Thursdays I have "Grey's Anatomy", so I record that, and then we watch CSI whenever it is on A&E (I think) on re-runs. We have family Sundays, since we are all at church together, we go and have a little fun thereafter. I keep forgetting about bringing up bowling to CY3, will have to do that, because it sounds like so much fun!!! Saturdays, CY3 is working, so I have the boys to myself..... today (Fri) they are both home with me, so I will have to think of something fun to do.

Tah-Tah,
Jen

Vicki G said...

Maria, i Totally LOVE LOVE LOVE this Stamp Co's images.......They are so fun and Funky!!!!!

2 Worlds said...

Such a happy card, Loved the blue swirls

inlovestamping said...

Love the bright colors! I like hte swirls they add a fun touch!Awesome card!!

Rita said...

Luv, luv, luv this card Maria! Reminds me that Spring is almost here & you put a happy smile with this card!!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Lovely bright colors! You always know how to make everything compliment each other so very well :)

Jennifer said...

AWESOME card Maria!! I LOVE how you added extra flowers around her as she is planting the one in her hands! Very clever!! The colors are so cheerful....and with the snow that is falling here today, it makes me feel springy!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Maria I'm in love, you go girl, I just love your work.

Risa said...

Very pretty card Maria! I love the color combo and the flourish is awesome.
hugs
Risa:)

Elena said...

So cute! What a beautiful sketch! Love-love the colors!
Enjoy your weekend, Maria!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch Maria. Love the bright and fresh colours. Beautiful job!

Rina said...

Great vibrant coloring on this card Maria. Too gorgeous!

Janna said...

Okay Maria, when do I get to be as talented as you! LOL! You are simply amazing! I really could stare at this card all day long! I love the shades of green and blue that you used and all the accessories! I am seriously swooning over the filigree and using a paperclip for the ribbon is perfect!!!! Wow! Teach me master!!! LOL!

That is too funny. My husband and I do the same thing. Except it is The Office. We download it and always watch it together and Friday nights. It is so much fun!

Smiles,
janna

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

I seriously can never get over how you put a card together. It's perfection! I love the colour and the way you added that great flourish. What a sweet scene. Great idea to schedule TV time with the DH. Maybe an even better idea to clean the craft room, hehehe. I made another BIG mess. LOL! :O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |