Saturday, February 14, 2009

Disney Layout #3 and Happy Valentines Day


Hey Everyone!! Happy Saturday and Happy Valentines Day! I had posted this earlier but I was suppose to have edited what I wrote. I actually pre-scheduled this post on Tuesday and I was meaning to type what we did for Valentines but I forgot to change the time and it posted this morning! I decided to remove it and update it so if you thought you saw it earlier today. . .you did and you weren't hallucinating!! LOL!

We went out to dinner at a nice Italian restaurant . . .I brought my camera but forgot to take pictures. I was too busy eating. My husband bought me flowers and chocolates as always. He is such a romantic person. He's a great husband. . .he even gave me some play money to buy a few stamps which. . I already spent! LOL! I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines!!

Now to my layout. . .I can't believe it but I actually made my 3rd Disney layout! It's a major accomplishment for me to actually make 2 layouts in a month!

Although there's nothing on this layout that says "Disney", it'll go into my Disney album because the photo was taken at Disneyland.

Okay. . .I think I'm getting a little better with my layouts. I'm not as inhibited and have been adding more elements to my layouts. I have to stop treating my layouts like cards. I think if you just "let go" and allow your inner creativity to flow through, it's much easier to not feel confined or restrained from creating what ever you want to create.

I created this layout again within an hour! Whoohoo! I stopped listening to my inner voice telling me "your layout don't looked balanced, why are you putting that embellishment there", "the photo is too large", "that's ugly", etc.!! LOL! No, I'm not schizophrenic. . .I'm not hallucinating and hearing voices, just me being overly critical about my scrapbook creations.

Anyway, I used a whole bunch of scrap ribbons on this layout. . .it feels good to use some of them up!! Scrapbook layouts are a great way to reduce your scrap pile that's for sure!!


The photo is of my cousins, aunt, husband and daughter (I was the photographer so I'm not in the picture). The photo was taken when they were visiting us from Hawaii during the holidays. We all went to Disneyland and celebrated the New Years there!! Whoohoo. It was the best New Year's we've had since moving to California!!

Well, hope you love birds out there have or had a beautiful Valentines day!!





16 comments:

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh My Maria I love love love all that ribbon and the circle, and the picture and the whole page as a total project so so so great!!!

You did a wonderful job on this!!

Heather

Rita said...

Awesome job on this layout Maria!

Elena said...

I am so glad you had a very happy Valentine!
I love your layout! The idea with ribbons is brilliant!

Danni said...

What a wonderful page!! LOVE how you added the ribbon!

Jodi said...

Very beautiful page!! Love the colors you chose and the embellishments you used. =) LOVE it!
Happy V=Day!!
Hugs,
Jodi

AnnMarie said...

Great layout and all those ribbons are just so adorable!! I LOVE the way that looks! Hope you had a day full of love! Big hug!

Teri said...

Wow! I just love your LO! Great photo and great use of ribbons too! That's good that you just went with the flow and created, no more listening to your inner voice! lol!

doris said...

Your LO is beautiful!!!

Doris

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow Maria, gorgeous lo such a beautiful photo and i love all those pretty ribbons. Hope you are having a great Sunday. Hugs Nikki x

Sandy said...

Wow, Maria ... your layout is wonderful. I LOVE all the ribbon. What a great idea to use up ribbon scraps on a page because they make such a wonderful embellishment. How did you cut your big circle??

Corie said...

WOW WOW WOW -- love this, so many details

de said...

Happy Valentines Day! Sounds like yours was great! Love the layout!

CreativeMish said...

Very nice scrap page! I love the way you used all of the ribbons!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW Maria! I love this page! Great way to use up ribbon scraps (and yes I do save all those little ones for ideas like this. Ü

Janna said...

This is awesome!!! Wow! The layout is perfect! I love the embellishments you added and the fringe at the bottom! And I love scrapbook pages with one big picture! Really makes the picture pop!

Sounds like your V. Day was a lot of fun! Isn't it funny that when the money is delegated for stamps that it goes so quickly! Truly is a phenomenon that needs to be studied! LOL!

Smiles,
janna

Little C's Creations said...

Maria, love this layout. Sorry, I crack up everytime I see this photo, I think about what you told me about the fireworks at Disney.... sorry - it's so ironic, huh?! Oh well.. there's always next year. Love the layout tho'... very pretty colors placed together, and yes, what a great way to use your ribbon stash...

~Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |