Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Life is Most Definitely Sweet!!




Hey Everyone! do you like cards that are super colorful and bright? I think this card is a good example of bright and colorful! There sure is a lot going on with this card!! LOL!
I had a few scrap pieces from another project and decided to use them on this card. I felt the designer paper coordinated well with all the bright colors of the sundae.


The images are by Our Craft Lounge. OCL sells really cute stamps like this sundae set. How yummy!! You can gain a few pounds just looking at it! LOL! Luckily, it has zero calories unless maybe if you decide to actually eat it. How many calories do paper have?


Anyway. . .I colored my image using my Copic Markers, added a bit of Stickles and SU Crystal effects to parts of the image. What sundae don't have a bit of sparkle on it?

I also used a few paper clips to hold my ribbon. Office supply stores now sell really pretty colorful paper clips like the one shown on my card! It's a great accessory to tie your ribbon or hang a tag on.





Card Details:

Stamps: Our Craft Lounge - Life is Sweet
Paper: MME designer paper, SU Pixie Pink, Cool Caribbean
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Fiskar scallop scissors, Fiskar Scallop border, paper clips, grosgrain ribbons, paper cord, SU Word Window Punch, Stickles, SU Crystal Effects

15 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

yum yum!!! This is so yummy looking!

Kim Burmeister said...

Love your sketch and this definitely looks good enough to eat!

Janna said...

Maria, I love, love, love the bright colors on this card! It really makes your image pop! Your coloring is jsut stunning and it so makes me want some ice cream! LOL!

SMiles,
janna

Little C's Creations said...

this is so delicious looking. awesome job, girl! I haven't ck'd out OCL yet... too many new things, I still have to use the NEW old things that I have. Hooo hummm...

~jen

Risa said...

Now your card seriously looks good enough to eat Maria! You really did a fantastic job bringing the image to life..I love it and the paper clips are cuties!
hugs
Risa:)

Ila said...

Oh this is Marvelous! and so Yummy!!...I love the image..your coloring, papers and accents...I could eat them all!!!..LOL...Hugs, Ila

CreativeMish said...

What a fun card! I love the ice cream sunday! and what fun colors!

Diane said...

You rock when it comes to color girl!!! I try and I try to make a colorful card,but just can't come up with something as close to yours. I'm just going to have to case your cards. Love it Maria,it so yummy looking!!!

Anonymous said...

The way you colored this looks so yummy! Feels like you can grab it and taste it LOL! Great card!

Elena said...

I love bright colors!!! And your card is so delicious!!! Love the papers clips! So colorful!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Mmmmmmmm! This is so yummy it's making me hungry. I love cards bright, but I'll have to learn some Copic tricks and practice colour combos for ages before mine ever look THIS sweet. SO stunning. You're such an inspiration! Hugs, :O) mel

inlovestamping said...

Oh my this is too yummy...you are making me crave ice cream!!

Con

Rita said...

This looks so real & good enough to eat!!! Great job...now excuse me but I have to go have a Sundae!!!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

I love all the detail and talent you put into your cards!!! I can sit and stare at them for a long time and still pick out new elements or techniques you do such a wonderful job!!!

I want to come to your classes!!!

I really enjoyed the bright colors
(you see if you have not read it on my blog somwhere I have an allergy to the color brown!!!)

It is a horrible allergy and it will put me into an anaphalactic shock if I see or use to much of it!!!! LOL!!!!

I can look at it on others cards a love their projects, but for me it is a no no no to see it or use it in my home!!!! LOL.

So your bright card makes me smile!!!

Oh I love every other color under the sun, brights, bolds, pastels, subtles, earth tones minus the browns, and rich jewel tones, just not brown!!!! LOL. I give miss Janna a ton of grief about her contstant use of that "aweful, no good, yucky color" I tease her all the time and tell her in her comments I would say this card was totally fabulous if you had not ruined it with that aweful color!!!

But I really do like it when you and others use it, just not me!!!

Heather

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh by the way I love this sketch it is soo soo pretty. What program do you make your sketches in???

Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |