Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Little C's Weekly Challenge




Hi Friends! It's Little C's Weekly Challenge again and it's a sketch challenge this week!! Whoohoo!! Stop by Little C's for the details of this challenge!! There's a prize to be given out so you've got nothing to lose by playing!!


I used my Sarah Kay image to create this card! I used a color combo that you don't see often: blue and yellow but my designer paper had that combo and I thought it looked nice together. What do you think?


I colored my image using my Copic Markers! There's not much to say about this card. It's actually a very simple card if you think about it. The only embellishment I used for this card is the ribbons but strangely, my card looks a bit busy. I think it's because of the big ribbons, huh!

Anyway check out the fabulous cards created by the Little C's design team:

Jen - Pieces of Me


Rina~ Heartful Stamping


MacKenzie - Midnight Scramper


Heidi - Create - Reach for Something More


Jen C


Jackielou - Bloggin My Pink Artsie World


Margie ~ Oh Bumble is Me









Card Details:



Stamps: Sarah Kay, SU (sentiment)
Paper: Cloud 9 designer paper, SU Tempting turquoise, More Mustard
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Satin Ribbon















Photo of the Day

Friend Sleep Over

When you were a kid, did you like sleep overs? When I was a kid I was never allowed to have sleep overs or sleep over at any friends home. I always felt like I was missing out on something so I told myself that when I have my own kids, I would allow sleep overs. Well, this weekend, my daughter had her friend sleep over because they had a day off from school because of President's Day.

I grew up with a very strict Asian upbringing and sleep overs were considered inappropriate unless it was a relative sleeping over. I actually felt sad about it. Well, since my daughter was young, I allowed her friends to sleep over if my daughter wanted a friend to come over. My daughter once had a friend who lived across the street from our home in Hawaii that practically lived in our house. Okay. . .that was a bit much but this friend didn't like her life at home so she sort of grew overly attached to us and she would sleep over several times a week until we had a little talk with her. We told her that she couldn't substitute our home to get away from hers. I didn't think that was healthy.

Anyway, pictured is my daughter and her friend from school (not the one aforementioned above. . LOL!). They hung out and watched a movie, played video games, watched YouTube, cooked and ate breakfast together, and they even stayed up until 2:00 in the morning just chit-chatting. I'm glad they had fun!!





34 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Maria, love the cute image and your beautiful colouring.
Hugs Nikki x

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card Maria! I like the color combo and those big yummy bows!

Sleepovers are the best! We were constantly having them when I was young. Either It seems like either I was at my friend's house or they were at mine. Oh the memories! LOL! Have a great day Maria!

Marcia said...

Marvelous card! Just makes you smile!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

I absolutely love your beautiful card Maria :)
The coloring and color combo is always exquisite - you have such an eye for that!

Happy Tuesday!
xoxo, margie

Danni said...

I love the big ribbons and your bows are so pretty! Bows don't like me. LOL!
And the color combo is so nice, great job!
I never had sleepovers either but I was allowed to go to them. I can't wait for my kids to start having them and such.

Tina said...

Maria this is just gorgeous... i love those colours, they are just so yummy together... and your image is coloured beautifully... the girls look as though they're having a great time..ohhh to be young again... well younger...lol Crafty Hugs Tina

MacKenzie said...

Wow! This is absolutely beautiful!

MacKenzie said...

Wow! This is absolutely beautiful!

Cathy said...

Maria,
This is really stunning!! I love this color combo.Blue and yellow have always been one of my favorite combos. The big bows are great and the card is wonderful.

Hugs, Cathy

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

This card is adorable!!! I love it!!!

You did a wonderful job with the coloring and that ribbon is so so so pretty!!!!

Your combination or the DSP card stock and the image coloring are wonderful!!!

You Rocked this card girl!!!

Heather

Joy said...

love your cards and you do such great work for the challenges! I think yours is totally sweet! as for you kids having sleep overs... I don't know if I'm ready for that. thank goodness my daughter is only going to be 9! I can wait a few years...can't I?

inlovestamping said...

OMG I just love this card..the colors are so rich together. I love the DP and as always your coloring is superb!! Beautiful job!!

KeeponScrappin said...

Very pretty Maria! I love how you tied the bows to the card.

I totally know what you mean. Til this day my mom doesn't like sleepovers. heehee! My girls sleep over their friends all the time and they sleep over our home all the time too. With 4 girls..... gotta have sleepovers. :)

Joey said...

Hi Maria, this is gorgeous, love the colour combo and super cute image. your colouring is beautiful. joey.xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Girl your card are always so amazing, love that blue, superb!!!!!!

Michelle Alejandro said...

The blue on this card is beautiful! It really pops! Love it! Such a gorgeous card! TFS~

2 Worlds said...

Loved the ribbon, stunning card Maria

Elena said...

I don't think your card is so buzy at all! I think it is so precious, Maria! I love the colors! And the ribbon is so elegant!
I liked sleep overs when I was a teenager. That is good that your daughter can have it! Thank you for sharing the picture, Maria!

JackieLou said...

I wish I had a mom like you Maria. heheheh Artsie and a personal photographer. hehehehe j/k Really skillful I may say... I think it's great to have those kind relationship with your daughter. Thanks for sharing as always... Love your card...
xoxo
Jackielou

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Your card is stunning. The colours you chose are so rich and vibrant.....love everything about it.

Janna said...

Your card Maria is absolutely stunning!!! The colors blew me away! They are so striking and dramatic!! Two things I absoltuely love and of course you coloring is amazing!! Wow, wow, wow!!!

I love the picture as well. Sleepovers were always so much fun as a kid! You were able to eat junk food and talk all night long and giggle not stop! I am sorry to hear that you were unable to experience that but it is nice that you are allowing your daughter too! and it certainly looks like she was enjoying it!

Smiles,
janna

Basement Stamper said...

very pretty card, really like the colors of it.

Becky G said...

Beautiful card Maria! Love that image and your amazing coloring skills.
Your daughter and her friend are too cute. Sleepovers are the best. You're such a good mom. Your daughter will cherish her sleepover memories. I know I sure do!

Hugs~Becky

Risa said...

Maria, your card is gorgeous!!! I am really crazy about your color combo and your image is colored in beautifully!!
Hugs
Risa:)
p.s. Your daughter and her friend look like they really had a great time and they don't even look tired. I wish I could stay up late and not look it nowdays:)

Michelle Pearson said...

gorgeous coloring! I love the ribbon you chose! YUM Yum!

doris said...

What a "card" ... wow.
I'm thrilled!!

Hugs Doris xx

peata said...

wow. what a gorgeous card.
the colors are intense!

making mini albums
mini album blog

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

super cute! These images are cuter than Holly Hobbie of my day. I love the color combo you used too!

Ila said...

This card is Beautiful!! I love your coloring and this Sweet Image!!....Yup...sleepovers were always allowed at my house too...and being the only girl out of 5..I'm very thankful for that!!...Hugs, Ila

Michelle said...

Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love the Sarah Kay - I so need to get me some of those!! Your coloring is fantastic. Your cards always amaze me!!

Jodi said...

Very pretty card!!! The colors and bows are perfect! Your coloring is great too. =)
Hugs,Jodi =)

Cami said...

Beautiful card, Maria! Love your coloring and the DP you used...vibrant and cheerful.

Donna said...

just have to say once again that your coloring is amazing. the detail you put into your art is incredible. thank you for sharing with us.
btw... the girls look like they had a blast... good for you with the sleepovers. lots of memories for me there.

Rleen said...

Aloha Maria,
Thank you so much for stopping by and left some love in my card. I really appreciate it!

Your card is gorgeous! I love the color combo and the gorgeous image. You did a fabulous job!

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |