Friday, February 6, 2009

Flower Bouquet Card


Good Evening, Friends!! Hey, I made a big decision today. I typically can't make up my mind on what I want to do and I tend to mull over the pros and cons of any decision I have to make until I get tired of myself. LOL! Anyway, I decided to direct all my crafting on to one blog. All my "scrappy" projects/cards that I typically post on Card Inspired will be posted here as well as all my Stampin Up projects. I tried to maintain 3 blogs to prevent myself from concentrating on only one area of "paper crafting".

I decided that I no longer can keep up 3 blogs without compromising the quality of the projects I create. I was beginning to create projects really quickly just so I can post something on the other blogs rather than working on projects that I really wanted to work on.

Card Inspired was my very first blog. . .and I feel a little sad about letting it go and ending my Stampin Up club was a really hard decision for me. I have subscribers and readers that follow both sites and I hope they'll come and visit this site.

I've been thinking about letting go of the other 2 blogs for some time now but I wasn't ready to do it until now. The only changes for this blog will be that from time to time, you'll be seeing "scrappy" projects such as scrapbook layouts, altered projects, mini albums, as well as cards and projects using Stampin Up products.

In the following months, I'll be going on several short trips to the different college campuses that my daughter has been accepted to and I could not continue my Stampin Up club because I won't have the time to create the kits for my club members. I decided to change my status to "hobby demo" because the next few months will be very busy for me.

My husband thinks I'm funny. . .he's like "what is so tough about making a decision about your blogs and Stampin Up, they're just hobbies"! Arggghhhh. . .he just don't understand. It's not "just a hobby"!! It's hard to explain it. . .but it's more than that.

Anyway.. . .now that I made the decision. . .I have to stick to it and be happy about it so. . .let's move on. . . .

I've been making a lot of cute type of cards lately and I decided I needed to do something different. I haven't used a "flower" image for a long time so I decided to color an image that I haven't used for maybe over a year.

I colored the image using my Copic Markers, cut the tulips out and remounted them with foam tape. I then added SU Crystal Effects to give them a shiny effect.


We went out to an early dinner to TGIF today. It's funny because when I was living in Hawaii, I LOVED eating at TGIF near the Neal Blaisdell Center. . .we would eat at TGIF after a show or concert and the feeling of eating there was different. . . it was like festive and fun. When I eat at TGIF here, it feels like I'm just eating at a restaurant like Dennys. It's strange how it feels different.

Anyway, I hope y'all have a fabulous weekend!!

Card Details:

Stamp: I don't know
Paper: SU Certainly Celery, Purely Pomegranate, Groovy Guava (I think)
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Making Memories ribbon, metal heart charm, silver cord, CB embossing folder, JoAnn brads, SU Ticket Corner Punch, SU Crystal Effects


27 comments:

doris said...

Fantastische Arbeiten zeigt du uns hier auf deinem Blog... Wow!
Deine Karte ist ein *Gedicht*!!

Ganz liebe Grüße
Doris

Marja Sch said...

he tulips are so well done I love the 3d effect and the glace. I understand that this decision is hard to make. I will follow your blog anyway. Hugs Marja

Joan Ottevanger said...

Hi Maria,
I love this card it's so beautiful.
And the sketch is great but al of your sketches are wonderful.I'm proud to be a member of your christmas blog.
Hugs Joan

retiredheather said...

Great card and thanks for keeping this blog. Enjoy your visits.
Hugs
Heather

Anonymous said...

Another lovely card! Thank you for all the inspiration your blog provides.

Marion,
UK

Danni said...

Gorgeous card!! Amazing job, as usual!

Elena said...

The card is beautiful!!! Love the dimension, Maria!
I understand what do you feel about having severl blogs. It takes time... I respect your desicion.

Anonymous said...

Maria,
I have been reading your blog for quite some time now, and you always are so inspiring, and your work is beautiful!! I especially love these tulips they seem like they are popping out of the card!
Can you please tell me the name brand of the stamp please, this is one I really have to have, it just looks so springy!!! Thanks in advance. Bev (Rette Mom)
hammack4sbcglobal.net

Dawn Easton said...

Maria, I love the dimension...wow! That looks fabulous! I totally understand your decision and I've been a hobby demo for sometime now too. With all my volunteer work I don't have that much extra time. You know I'll still be here :)

Tracy.H said...

Maria...this is gorgeous!! I love this so, so much!

I don't know how you have lasted this long with all your blogs. I have a hard enough time with just one!! ;0)

Back Porch Stamper said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love your colors, layout, everything! Thanks for sharing this wonderful card!
Diane

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Maria. Love the pretty image and dimensions. I also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for couple awards on my blog. Hope you play along. :o)
http://stampnmad.typepad.com/mad_stamper/2009/02/awards.html

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Gorgeous tulips :) I love how you raised them and added the shinyness to it ;)
My hubs doesn't get it either, lol! It's a guys thing - he's always rolling his eyes and shaking his head :)
Enjoy your trips and time with you DD, it's going to be so much fun!
xo, margie

Diane said...

This is such a beautiful card Maria! I'm sure your decision will be so much easier for you and I will see more of your creations here!!!

Corie said...

This is beautiful -- love the 3-D flowers!!

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Hi Maria, Oh I love everything about this card!
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Julie

Risa said...

Your card is very beautiful Maria and I'm just loving the 3D effect! You are so innovative and your style is admired by all!
hugs
Risa:)
p.s. Congratulations to your daughter Maria. She has worked extremely hard and her efforts have paid off, now comes the fun part..deciding upon which college is right for her.
Keep us up to date with the info.:)

Becky Carafa said...

I love the tulips popped up and covered with CE! Just gorgeous!

Shelly said...

Gorgeous card, Maria! Your attention to details is what makes your cards so incredible.

I hope that your decision to blend your 3 blogs into 1 will prove to be a choice that makes your crafting even more enjoyable for you. Seems like the extra time and less pressure would be nice for you.

Heather Schlatter said...

Hi Maria,

I can imagine how hard of a decision that was for you to make!!!

Funny because I usually come to your blog from a comment you left on mine, or a comment you left somewhere else, which always brings me to your dashboard and from there I go to your blog, and tonight I thought wow her blog list looks a lot smaller I wonder why!!!

Did you just delete your other blogs??? Just wondering I think that would be a hard button to push!!!! LOL.

Well our Garage sale went well we did not make a ton of money, but we booked 4 workshops and that was great so the other girls each get 1 and I will do two because they were my customers that booked, but since I have my monthly club I will probably let them place the other two orders and just keep the income to help keep them active!!!

How did you run your club??

My club has 10 ladies so we meet 10 times a year, and each lady places at least a $15 order each month, but usually it is much more like this month we got to $500 club because one lady ordered her Big Shot!!!

I wondered when you talked about your daughter and college if you would be doing less SU stuff since you are going back to work too!!!

I am sure your design teams take a lot of time up too and we only have so much time to spread around!!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh my I wrote a book and never talked about your project!!!

I really like it, I need to do more experimenting with crystal effects I have only used them as an adhesive, but I need to try out other things too!!!

I love your coloring and the flowers are so pretty!!!

I go need to get out more of my non cutsy stamp sets and do more elegant projects. After all I do own about 250 SU sets I feel quilty for not using them more lately!!!!

Heather

JackieLou said...

Oh My I love love the crystal effect. I wanted to learn how to do that I thought was with clear liquid glass or something.. is it the same Ms Maria???

Anonymous said...

Lovely sketch and card as always. I am truly inspired by you.

My card is HERE

L.A. said...

Great card! The shine on the flowers is a great touch! Sounds like you have a busy few months ahead. Enjoy the time with your family!

Paula's ponderings said...

Wonderful cards Maria! I had an attempt at your sketch and you can see it
HERE

peata said...

that card is insane!
so much detail.

Janna said...

I love this card! it is so beautiful and the tulips being popped of is such a great idea! You always come up with the best idea! And our husbands don't know. They just don't understand that it is so much more than a hobby! lOL!

Smiles,
janna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |