Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Little C's Weekly Challenge - Sketch Challenge


Hey Everyone!! Happy Tuesday to all of you!! Today is Little C's Weekly Challenge and the debut of the new design team for Little C's!!! Whoohoo!! Scroll down to check out the challenge for this week. . .it's a sketch challenge!! I decided to use my Rachel Ann Miller image to create this card. Isn't she stinkin' cute or what? I colored my image using my Copic Markers and added a bit of Stickles to the flowers.

Be sure to stop by the Little C's blog site for more details of the challenge!! There's a prize to be given out so be sure to play along!! To check out the fabulous products sold at Little C's, click on the banner above or click here.

Also, be sure to stop by the Little C's Gallery Yahoo Site to check out the different cards created using Little C's stamps and products!! Little C's also have a Paper Craft Planet Group Site. Stop by and join in the fun!!



Check out the fabulous cards by the Little's C's DT:

Hey. . .yesterday I spent the day planting flowers in my back yard. I hope they don't die. LOL!! I'm not very good at taking care of my plants. . .I'll plant them, water them for a few weeks, then I'll forget about them. They always end up dying. Whaa!

I also pruned our papyrus plants. . .they were so ugly and brown because they didn't fair well from the cold weather. I cut them down to stubs but usually they'll grow new branches during the spring. Tomorrow, I'll post a few photos of the flowers I planted and the papyrus stubs. I'm pre-scheduling this post and I didn't have a chance to take pictures of them.


Well, I hope to see y'all playing along in the challenge! We'd love to see your pretty card and good luck!! Maybe you'll be the lucky winner this week!

Card Details:

Stamps: Rachel Ann Miller, Heidi Grace
Paper: K&CO designer paper, SU Not Quite Navy, Sunny Yellow, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura Souffle gel pen
Accessories: Grosgrain ribbon, Stickles Glitter, SU Scallop Circle Punch, JoAnn brads

29 comments:

de said...

Maria, great sketch and beautiful card! You are a busy bee lately!!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is stuning Maria and I just adore the vibrancy of your work. Gorgeous colouring as always and love your sketch, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Maria, I wish we could plant flowers!!! Not until the end of May though or we risk frost damage up here...lol. Can't wait to see your pictures! I'm sure they are so pretty!

Your card is darling! Those images are so sweet. I love the colourful papers and your ribbon tabs are an awesome addition!

Cathy said...

Maria, Love the sketch and your card is really adorable!! I love that image@

Janna said...

Maria this is awesome!! I love the blue and yellow color combo and the sketch is fantastic! You are just so super talented! I won't even pretend to be a gardener! I am totally intimidated by it! Everything dies when I touch it! LOL!

Smiles,
janna

Anonymous said...

great card and sketch too. the colors are so pretty.

Anonymous said...

oh i love this card, it is just screaming spring and summer!! :) love the colors. tfs Blessings. Renee

2 Worlds said...

Great card MAria, I'm not good with plants at all, I don't buy them because I know they are going to die.
lol

Danni said...

What a vivid, happy card! and another amazing sketch! You should compile all your sketches into a book--I'd buy it!!
Great card!

Tonniece said...

Those RAM images are so sweet, but I am putting off ordering any as I don't use all the stamps I do own.

Another beautiful card Maria. You always create a sense of warmth and fun with your images and color choices. TFS

Denise said...

Beautiful card, the coloring is just awesome.

Little C's Creations said...

This is gorgeous!!! You did a fabulous job on both the sketch and your card. Love your color combo on here too!!

Hugs,
Jen

Rita said...

Beautiful card & beautiful colors!

Debby said...

Oh my goodness this is so incredibly pretty.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Sweet card Maria! I love the bright colors! So pretty :)

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

This card is so bright and cheery I love the colors you choose and I really like your sketch layout!!! You are always so super creative and I love the coloring you did to!!! So cool, and such a "doable sketch I may have to do this one!!!

I knew you were an RN from your profile page, but I did not know if you worked much or what area you worked in. Our Unit here is a whole Labor/Deliver/Postpartum/Recovery unit we do the whole process and have grower babies and ICU babies but no NICU here.

I have not worked much lately to hard to find a babysitter and we used to have one so I could work a day or two a week, but she quit so I am just a call in who hardly ever gets called!!!

Heather

Anonymous said...

Maria! This card is awesome! I love what you did with color and the layout is excellent!

Becky Carafa said...

Awww, so sweet! I love how you always put white highlights on your coloring, fabulous detail!

Lori said...

What a fun layout, Maria! I really like all the ribbon tabs. And, I'm with you on the plants--I don't even bother planting anything because I know it won't last long in my care--LOL!

Sharon said...

Oh wow gorgeous colours!!! Your colouring is outstanding I am soooo jealous ;0)
Beautiful!!!!
thank you so much for your good luck wishes, it means a lot to me. x

Diane said...

Hey Maria! Lovely card,beautiful coloring as always and what an awesome sketch and the colors...wow!

Rina said...

I enjoyed this sketch. It was a great one to create with, thanks Maria.

Love your take on it. Such vibrant colors. As always, your work is fabulous!

Ila said...

I love this card Maria!!...the image is So Cute and the coloring is Fabulous!!..You are so good with those copics...the shading is just lovely!!....what kind of paper are you using?...Hugs, Ila

Vicki G said...

WOWEEE!!! This is SOOOO Vibrant!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

I love that sketch, I love all your sketches, I need more hours in a day so I can try more sketches.

Love your work.

Elena said...

Great sketch!!! Love the colors of the card!!! And coloring is so very beautiful!!! Love it, Maria!!!

Cami said...

What a cute card Maria! Love the colors you used. Where you find the time to blog, create sketches for challenges, make cards and other projects . . . your clock must have 48 hours in it! Thanks for always sharing your wonderful creations.

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful and I love the sketch Maria!
hugs
Risa:)
p.s. I'm working on my card now and hopefully I'll have it done tonight:)

Mariska said...

You have so much creations added since the last time I checked your blog!!! Love them all but love this one the best. Gorgeous with the image, the materials you picked and the gorgeous colours!! I want to create as quick as you so I can make as many cards as you!!! And they all rock!!

xxx
Mariska

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |