Friday, February 20, 2009

CB Embossed Purse Project

Hi Friends!! Whoohoo! Check out the purse project I created using Mel's template (Mel Stampz)! I love it! Thanks Mel for the awesome template. I had increased the size of the width of Mel's template to 1000 pixel . . .by increasing the pixel, the purse size is 3 1/2 x 5 1/4" and fits on a 8 1/2 x 11" cardstock. Mel also has a template for the SU Top Note shape in a smaller size to fit her original purse template size. I think she posted two sizes, small and medium so you can create different size purses.

When I increased the pixel to 1000, I was like oops, how many pixel should I increase the Top Note templates that Mel provided . . .I didn't know how large to increase them but when I went to measure it against the actual SU Top Note die cut. . .oh my gosh, it fit PERFECTLY.

Check out Mel's template to make this awesome purse and check out the rest of the tutorial to create the Top Note flap and the rest of her tutorial.




My goal is to work on a few tutorials created by others. I don't venture out much and try other tutorials by others because I sometimes can't find the time and trying to do everything is really difficult. There's only so many hours in a day and I can't use them all up crafting. I wish I could but it's not possible. I'm just happy I was able to create this purse using Mel's template. . .I've been wanting to do it for such a long time.

I love this brad. . .it's by K&Co. The other brad on my second purse is by SU from the Hodge Podge Hardware set.

To create the stitches, I used Sakura gel pen. It was a fast an easy way to create the stitches. I just followed the stitch already on the SU Top Note die cut.

Project detail:

Paper: DCWV designer paper, SU Basic Grey
Ink: Sakura gel pen
Accessories: CB embossing folders, SU Hodge Podge hardware, K&Co fabric brad

28 comments:

Marcia said...

Waaay cool!

Jennifer said...

Maria, I have been wanting to create one of these little purses since I first ran across them on Mel's blog!! You did such a great job with the them!! Now you have convinced me to sit down and make my own!! CUTE, CUTE!!!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Maria! You just ROCK girlfriend. I was wishing I had a proper top note die SO badly, so I could make the template to fit it. Man! You did an amazing job with it. How stunning! I'd love to share the template in that size with everybody (if you want to.) I'll link to you, if you want to post it. Thank you SO much for trying it out and for all the work you did to make it fit the top note. PURE Loveliness! GRIN! hugs, :O) mel

Vicki G said...

OHHHHHH my gosh, this is beautiful. You are one talented lady!!!!


Vicki

JEROSHA ÄRETUN said...

It is indeed BEAUTIFUL!!!!

doris said...

What magical bags and so beautiful!

Hugs xxx
Doris

pescbrico said...

aewsome thanks for sharing!

Rleen said...

Oh Maria, your purses are gorgeous! I love the different embossing folder that you used. And the colors are fabulous!

Teri said...

OMG Maria! I love the purse in the new size! Wasn't that tutorial awesome that Mel created? The colors are really pretty on your purse and I love that you were able to use the actual cut from the TN die!

Heidi said...

this is awesome Maria! I love the colors and the embossing.

Elena said...

Wow! Theay are gorgeous!!! Love the embossing you have done, Maria!!! The brad is so beautiful!Love it too!

Anonymous said...

Your purse is so pretty. love it.

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

These purses are simply amazing when your pictures first popped up my jaw dropped and I thought they were real purses then I saw that they were paper and my jaw dropped again!!!

You have so much talent in that head and ten fingers of yours!!!!

You knocked it out of the Park again girl!!!

Love it!!!!!

Heather

Norine said...

now these are great I have made many of these purses dont you just love them really like how you did the embossing
Hugs
Norine

Tina said...

Maria these are just fantastic... i love them...... have a great weekend... crafty hugs Tina x

Rita said...

Stunning!!! What a great gift Maria, you did a fantastic job on this purse! I luv it!!!

Rihani said...

WOW!! Just stunning!!!

Anonymous said...

So this is where your blog is! Gorgeous gorgeous items here. I am drooling looking at each creation. You rock!

Kim Burmeister said...

Maria, this is GORGEOUS!

Ashley Newell said...

Wow, this is GORGEOUS! I love it! I would carry this around like a real purse!

Denise said...

Wow, so adorable these little purses. I need to try & make one. Very cute! Thanks for sharing.

Laurie Hines said...

Love,love, love it!! It is just adorable!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

This is so cool! I need to make one of these. You sure have been busy!!

Diane said...

OMG!!! That is too adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you did an amazing job with the template. This rocks!

Janna said...

wow, wow,wow!!! I am in love with this purse! The colors are stunning and I love the big brad! Gorgeous!!! I just told my friend heather that now I need that top notes die so i can create this!! i simply adore it!!

Smiles,
janna

Risa said...

Your purse is stunning Maria! One of these days, I'm going to have to try to make a purse like this. I have loved them from day one. Once again, you are a gifted artist/creator and I love viewing your creations.
hugs
Risa:)

Primitive Seasons said...

Maria is this fantastic. But which size of Mel's purse did you increase, the small or the medium? Or does Mel have your actual size on her blog now??? Thanks!

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |