Saturday, February 21, 2009

InStyle Stamps Yuki Card



Hi Friend!! Oh my gosh, it was so fun creating this card! I loved the happy colors of the paper so I decided to create a card using the designer paper.

The designer paper is from this month's InStyle Stamps Inspiration Kit. . .the kit comes in two sizes or packages which include ribbons, Stickles, designer paper, brads, primas, etc. basically, everything you need to create a card. The small flowers, dp, brads, and ribbon on my card are part of the kit.

My image is also an InStyle Stamps but it's a digital image that you can purchase. This cutie is "Yuki". . .Yuki is also sold as a stamp. You can purchase both the digi image as well as the stamp for $8.95.

Anyway. . .just a little info on my card. . .I colored Yuki with my Copic Markers, cut her out and remounted the image on to the CB embossed card stock.

Just to let you know. . .I had colored the blue hearts on the designer paper with my Copic Marker because I had colored the image first and realized that the designer paper did not have any blue color on it. Hey. . .sometimes you gotta improvise. LOL!!

Anyway, stop by InStyle Stamps blog site for the "Thankful Thursday Sketch Challenge". There's a prize to be given so be sure to play along.

Card Details:

Stamps: InStyle Stamps Yuki, Heidi Grace
Paper: InStyle Stamps Inspiration Kit
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: InStyle Stamps Inspiration Kit, Prima flower, CB embossing folder, Fiskar Scallop scissors




18 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh way to cute, she is darling. Your colors always just jump off the screen, i love your mix of colors.

doris said...

A cool young lady.
Your card is back traumhaft beautiful!

xoxo Doris

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

This card is adorable!!! Your coloring is wonderful and I love those papers you choose!!!!

You did a fantabulous job on this card!!!

Heather

Mariska said...

This card is so funky and bright I love it!! Also just adore the image you've used, it's like a Manga image or something with the bright eyes, thank you for the link to the company that sells them.. for sure going to check that out. I'll be back later to see what you have come up with for PCS.. bount to be gorgeous :).

xxx
Mariska

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Maria, what a stunning card hunny. I adore the image you've used and those lovely bright colours are awesome. I always love visiting your blog to see what you've made. Big hugs Linda x

marijke said...

waht a cute card love the colours you use

Marja Sch said...

Wow what agorgeous card, wonderful colours. Gr Marja

Jennie said...

This is so cute! Love the dp and your coloring is amazing on Yuki! Fantastic job!

de said...

Wow, beautiful card! I love the cards! And the image is so fun!

Have you taken any photos lately? I haven't. I'm going to try to get into an online class on Monday I've heard so much about. I'll have to send you the link if you are interested.

If you go to my blog and scroll all the way to the bottom, I have my FLICKR gallery linked up and you can see some of my pics!

Janna said...

Maria, can you say awesome!!!!!!! Wow, I love the ice blues and the pinks! One of my favorite color combos and of course the layout is divine!!! This little image is just so, so cute!! I didn't realize she came in digi form! Now I definitely need her. I am always too scared to color on my DPs but now I have to try! It worked out so amazingly on your card!!

Smiles,
janna

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! This needs to be framed!

Sandy said...

This is just gorgeous, Maria!! The colors are absolutely perfect and your coloring of Yuki is amazing. You are such an inspiration girl ... so you sure named your blog correctly.

Rachel Brumley said...

Hey Maria

Don't know if thsi is a repeat or not but I got an error message when I posted the first time.

Anway, this card is just too cute! I love that image - the big eyes. Your coloring is beautiful as usual.

Diane said...

Gorgeous card Maria!!! Love all the happy colors and she is too cute!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Absolutely adorable! love the colours and the way you coloured her. She looks like professional anime. ROCKin! :O)

Rleen said...

Maria, your card is stunning. I love all the details. Fabulous job as always!

Rita said...

So adorable Maria! I agree these papers & colors really can brighten anyone's day, I luv your card!

Risa said...

Wow...your card is too cute Maria! Your coloring is very vibrant and luscious and I love the layout of your card!
hugs
Risa:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |