Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Card CASE and 5.25 x 5.25" Multi-Flap Card with Pocket/Insert Tutorial



Hi Friends!  I decided to join  the Unity Stamps "Kit Club".  Wow, for the size and amount of the "kit of the month" stamps it is so worth the $24.00 price each month.  There's no obligation.. . .you can cancel at any time.   I can't wait to receive my October kit.  The stamps on this card is from the September's KOM.   Go check it out at Unity Stamps. 

The tutorial I created is actually a CASE of a card that I saw at Scrapbook Freubelen Cards and Things.  Scroll down to check it out!!  The card is a 5.25 x 5.25" Multi-flap card with a pocket and insert. 

Do you know of a blogger that may not have a lot of visitors or not very well-known but create cards and projects that are so impressive you wonder why the site doesn't have more visitors?  Well, I've been a fan of Scrapbook Freubelen Cards and Things for over a year, maybe 2 years.  She makes beautiful pocket cards and other unique projects. Her cards and projects has a vintage/shabby chic look to them and they're beautiful!!!  Go check out her blog site. . .you'll understand what I'm talking about.  There's so many projects that I see on her blog that I want to try out.  She doesn't have tutorials or instructions on her blog so I basically, eye-balled her card and came up with my own tutorial.







Here is the card opened up. 
The other flap reveals and inner 5.25 x 5.25" card base.

The card base then opens up to reveal a pocket with an insert!  How fun is that?  Oh, gosh there's a lot of projects at Scrapbook Freubelen that I want to try out.  I'll probably go through a few more projects and create tutorials for them so you can try them out too.


Hey. . .just wondering. . .do you like the new Blogger editing format?  I actually hate it.  The format is great for someone who don't post a lot of pictures on their blog. . .but it's a pain for those who do. . .like me.  It adds all sorts of html codes that I didn't insert. . .so I have to go back and delete them or my post layout gets screwed up.  It also doesn't have spell check anymore. . .which I badly need!  LOL!  Sometimes improvements are not improvements at all. 

Anyway. . .I hope you'll try to project. . .it's actually quite easy so don't be intimidated by all the flaps and such.

Hope y'all have a wonderful day!

Card Details:

Stamps:  Unity Stamps Sept KOM
Paper:  K&CO, SU Creamy Caramel, Soft Sky
Ink:  Copic Markers, Chocolate Chip
Accessories:  Nestabilities, SU Satin Ribbon

 Just to let you know, the tutorial was uploaded through Scribd.com and if you want to download or print the tutorial, you may need to register with Scribd. Scribd is just a site that allows you to upload Word and pdf. documents which you can't do directly on Blogger so I have to use another source to upload the tutorials rather than posting it directly on Blogger. You can find other crafters who post templates and tutorials on Scribd as well so it's a good idea to register. There's no obligation. It's a free site.

To view the tutorial directly from my blog, just scroll down using the scroll bar to the right of the tutorial. You can also enlarge the document by clicking the plus sign or magnifying glass. You have other options on the "more" drop down menu. Check it out!


5.25x5.25 Multi-Flap Card With Pocket



12 comments:

Rita said...

OMG Maria...this is an AWESOME card, I luv, luv, luv it! You are so brilliant!

Joy said...

such a fancy card! love how it opens up...thanks for the tutorial too! hope all is well with you. still busy taking your daughter to school? take care of yourself!

Danni said...

Awesome creation!! I love that rich colored bow! Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

This is really nice one, Maria! Lvoe it! Love the different fun folds! Thanks for the tutorial as well!

Beth Norman said...

Hi Maria,

Awesome card. I know Marja's blog very well and I agree--she is a delight.

Thank you for the awesome tutorial--I'll definately give it a go.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

what a fun card! I love all the flip flaps.

I still have spell check on my blogger. Are you using a different blogger version? Would it help if you had two columns instead of three? Just thinking..

Christine said...

Beautiful card Maria. I love all the folds. Don't you just love Unity Stamps. I signed up in August and I have collected quite a few of their other stamps as well. Hey, that is a great paper crafter's blog you found. I am sure that I will get lots of ideas from there.
xoxo, Christine

CreativeMish said...

What a great multi flap card! I love the CB embossing inside!

2 Worlds said...

Thanks for the tutorial Maria

Cathy said...

I love this pocket card!! So cute and interesting!! Love it! Hugs, Cathy

Sandra said...

This is so pretty Maria...will have to try it. Thankyou for the tutorial!!

Hugs
Sandy

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Maria I have been visiting you for some time now and have used many of your tutorials I have always linked them back to you. I also have a page on my blog called tutorials and some of your links are in there for people to come visit you.

I love beauty and there is so much of it on your blog I am in awe of your creativity and inspiration your tutorials have given me a new confidence and I am so thrilled to have found you.

Many thanks for all your wonderful work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |