Friday, November 13, 2009

Little C;s Stamp n' Scrap Hawaii Aloha Friday and 4 Tags Holder Tutorial

Happy Friday, Friends! Ahhhh, what a beautiful day. . .just because it's Friday. It's amazing how fast time flies. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was talking about last week Friday. LOL! Really! Could it be it's because I'm just having a grand ole' time with life? I think so. Happiness and optimism can really make the days go by quickly.

Hey, me and my new computer are having a great time getting acquainted, especially Microsoft Word. Believe it or not, my husband for the past year or so have been asking me to upgrade my Microsoft Office to 2007 but I kept putting it off. Well, I finally have Microsoft Office 2007 and Word on my computer and boy, it looks totally different. Ugggh. . .I'm trying to learn all the features. Everyone in my family have had Microsoft Office 2007 on their computers for the past 2 years now and I'm really behind the curve. Oh well. . .I'm up to speed now.

I am so not the techie sort but my husband is. Prior to my Blackberry Storm, I had the same archaic cell phone for the past 4 years and my husband kept asking me to upgrade my phone. Up until 6 months ago, I didn't know how to text on my phone. LOL! I, finally, gave in because of Facebook! Can you believe it? I wanted to be able to access my Facebook on my phone and I couldn't do it unless I upgraded my phone. I decided on the Blackberry Storm rather than the iPhone because we already had Verizon as our service provider and I didn't want to switch to AT&T. Are you the techie sort?

Okay. . .enough of the chit-chat! Now, on to my project. Today is Little C's Stamp n' Scrap Hawaii Aloha Friday Challenge! The challenge is to create 3 or more tags. I decided to go a step further and create a tag holder for the tags. This is similar to the 3 Tags Holder (Click Here for the Tutorial) I created a few weeks ago but this time around the holder has 4 pockets for the tags. Scroll down for the 4 Tags Holder. Stop by Little C's Stamp n' Scrap Hawaii and check out the pretty tags the design team created.


With this holder, I used a whole bunch of images from different brands: Sarah Kay, Rachel Ann Miller, and Gillian Roberts. You can find all these rubber stamp brands at Little C's. Isn't it fabulous to find a store that sell different brands of rubber stamps. . .it's basically a one stop store for rubber stamps!!

Rather than placing the images on the tags themselves, I adhered the images to the pockets instead and added the free Pink Cat Studio digital sentiments to the tags. The tags and holder make for a perfect "pre-Christmas" gift to someone. They can use the tags for their Christmas presents.

As you can see, the tags aren't decorated with the images. I created the tags using the Sizzix Scallop Tags die (tags measure 4 1/2 x 2 1/2") and ran them through different CB embossing folders. You can't really see them in the picture but the tags are embossed.

All of the images were colored with my Copic Markers, cut up, then adhered to the tag holder pockets. Just something different. Anyway. . .scroll down for the tutorial. Try it out! You'll be amazed as to how EASY it is to make this tag holder. I'm not kidding!

Hey stop by my organization challenge blog site "Project Organization 365 Days of the Year" and check out the current challenge! Hope you'll sto by and play along!!

If you want information on the materials I used for this project, feel free to email me at cardinspired@gmail.com

Well, I hope y'all have a beautiful Friday!!!

4 Tags Holder


11 comments:

MacKenzie said...

Another jaw dropper! Love how you incorporated all the different stamps.

Joy said...

Maria...always impressing others with such wonderful and awesome talent! I am always so blown away when I come to visit! thanks for always inspiring me =) love the tag holder...pretty neat stuff you come up with! love the images and the coloring. so glad you are happy with life and that time flies by! for the most part it's like that for me too =) hope you have a wonderful weekend.

♥Rach♥ said...

It's not just you!!! I use Word all the time and when I upgraded I spent more time PO'ed and cursing at the computer than working b/c it was such a pain to learn!

I can't believe I just now discovered your blog, it's truly amazing and you are so incredibly talented!

lisa808 said...

I don't like change either! But, you will quickly get used to the new computer.

Beautiful tag holder.

Danni said...

This is just amazing! What a clever project and so cute!

Janis said...

Thanks for another great project Maria. I just look forward to reading your cheerful messages daily. Have a great weekend!

doris said...

Beautiful tag holder... "Perfect"!!

xoxo doris

Karen W said...

Wow these are adorable, normally I'm not a cutesy fan but I love most of these images. I tried to find them on the site but no luck. I love the bears and the kids in the tags.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous tag holder Maria! Love the super cute images and great colors. TFS!

Do What You Love said...

Maria, this is so incredibly beautiful with the bright red and green colors. I love how you mixed the images - it is utterly delightful and the bows really make it POP! Beautiful!

Sheri Gilson said...

WOW!! This is amazing Maria!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |