Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter, Grad Anya and November Sketches 2008 Compilation

Happy Easter Friends!! Why no Easter card? I was behind on my Easter cards and I decided what's the point of starting! LOL! I hope you all are having a wonderful Easter. I miss Easter when the kids were little. It was more celebratory...I know Easter is more than about egg hunts and bunnies but regardless, it was still more fun. My daughter had a bit of Easter celebration yesterday volunteering for the community egg hunt. She helped set up the Easter Egg Hunt and watched the kids find their eggs. She said it was over in 5 minutes because the kids found all the eggs so quickly! It was over an hour set up for 5 minutes worth of egg hunting! Too funny!!

I created this Graduation Anya card. The image as you should know by now is by The Greeting Farm. I have a blast creating cards with TGF images because it's so large and it's so fun to color.

I decided a graduate needs an elegant card rather than too cutesy so I minimized the frills that I typically add to my cards. Anya is cute enough by herself!!

Doesn't she look happy graduating? She's probably relieved that she no longer have to stay up to study for exams. I would be smiling as big as she is too if that's the case!



As you can see I popped up Anya's hair again. I think that's the most fun part with the Greeting Farm images. . .you can get really creative.

I have 3 members for my book club so far. I'm hoping for a few more and I can start the blog. I'd love for you to join. . .Click Here for the Details!!

Don't forget to scroll down to check out the compilation of my November 2008 Sketches. I'm compiling each month and it'll be located at my left side bar if you ever need it.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy your day!!!

Again, Happy Easter!!



Card Details:

Stamps: The Greeting Farm Grad Anya, Verve Stamps
Paper: DCWV designer paper, SU Real Red, Basic Black
Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura Gel Pen
Accessories: JoAnn brads, Organdy Ribbon, Gold metallic cord








With the document below, if you want to print it, click on the drop menu that is labeled "more". It'll give you the option to print as well as save the document. You may view a full page of the tutorial by clicking on the icon to the very top right corner. It'll open up a new window with the document on full screen . If you just want to enlarge directly on the blog, click on the + button or the magnifying glass! Scroll down the page by sliding the scroll bar located to the right of the document.

For those who receive my post updates via email, in order to see the tutorials and sketch compilations, you will need to visit my blog to access Scrbd documents. Sorry about that!

November Sketches 2008











22 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful Grad card Maria! And thanks for sharing your amazing sketches! Aloha, Linda

pescbrico said...

That's a lot of work you have done there! Cute card. Happy Easter to you!

Danni said...

Another wonderful card!! Glad you had a good day!

WickedPixie said...

Beautiful card! Very cute and elegant at the same time!

That's so nice that your daughter volunteered to help with the egg hunt - I'm sure it was a lot of work but she's helping to make wonderful memories for those kids! :-) Traci

Kyoko said...

Hi Maria! Hope you are enjoying Easter with your family. I know exactly what you mean about enjoying Easter when the kids were younger... Love, your Grad card - your coloring skills are AWESOME!

Kim's Life said...

Love the Grad card!!! Love the 3D effect on the hair.

Unknown said...

Stunning Grad card Maria! Anya looks amazing with her beautifully coloured 3D hair.
Viv xx

Diane said...

How cute!!!! I hear you when you say it's not the same as when they we're kids. Egg hunts are so funny I think.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

great graduation card Maria! I need to get to work on those too!

Dawn Easton said...

I love when you pop up your images! That look always adds so much to a card! I NEED to do that more often...lol
Anya is super cute! The highlights you add are perfect!!!

jules p said...

love the grad card. cute.

Ila said...

I love your card Maria!!...the coloring and layout is Fabulous!!...Thanks for sharing the Wonderful sketches too!!...Hugs, Ila

Rleen said...

Aloha Maria, hope you and your beautiful family had a wonderful Easter!
WOW! Your grad card is gorgeous! I love all the details. I should start making graduation cards now. My oldest dd will graduate in high school in June and she asked me to make cards for her friends to graduate also. Thanks for the inspiration Maria.
Have a great monday!
Hugs,
Arlene

Jodi said...

what a great grad card! Love how you colored your image!
Hugs,Jodi =)

CreativeMish said...

What a beautiful graduation card! I love the paper piecing layers!

Cami said...

This is the cutest grad card for a girl I have ever seen, Maria! Great colors you chose and I love the way you cut and mounted her hair...so dimensional! Thank you also for sharing all your sketches...great library of layouts so I don't have to think so hard LOL! Have a great week, Maria! Hugs, Cami

Rosette said...

This is just AWESOME Maria, love your Graduate ard. It is so cute, elegant and classy ... all at the same time :)

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

This turned out really cute I love the reds and golds and your coloring is wonderful too!!!

Great Job on this!!!

Heather

Cindy Haffner said...

She is darling Marie, love her so much.

Christine said...

Just a little behind in my commenting but I couldn't let this one go without mentioning that this card is definitely going into my Ideas folder. It is super fantastic. I love how you created the grad card. Your idea to cut out the hair is fantastic. I just love everything about it. Your colors are so rich and vibrant. I love your style. Keep those cards coming.
xoxo, Christine

Janna said...

THis sounds like a lot of fun! Isn't it always the way that the kids find everything so quickly even though it took you forever to set everything up! LOL!

I love your card! the colors are so beautiful and I adore the layout! the coloring is amazing and that ribbon is beautiful!

Smiles,
janna

Elena said...

Wow! Fabulous Graduation card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |