Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Inky Impressions Design Team Final Round

Hey Friends! Lookie here! Remember last month I had done a shout out for Inky Impressions. . .a new rubber stamping company that is being started by Nicole. There was a design team call and I was chosen to compete in round 2. I was sent this supah dupah cute image to use to create a card to make it to the final round. Yikes. . .I hate competing! LOL! You don't know what the stamp owner is looking for sometimes. There's so many awesome and talented crafters that are competing so I'm crossing my fingers that my card is good enough!

My goal for this card was actually to highlight or showcase the image and not necessarily overwhelm it with my "design". KWIM? So. . .I decided to sort of give the image a "contrasting" color to the designer papers and embellishments that I used so that you focus on looking at the image instead.


Sometimes I think when we make cards, the embellishments can sometimes overshadow the image that you end up looking at the design itself , embellishments or designer paper instead of the image as the focal point.

We had to follow a sketch provided and create a card with the image and sketch. I colored the image using my Copic Markers and added a bit of Stickles and SU Crystal Effects.


Here's a close up of the image. It's really strange because whenever I used a red toned color, my camera can't pick up shadings and highlights very well. Oh, well!

Anyway. . I hope Nicole likes my card. Wish me luck, people! I'll let you know the results when the team is chosen.. . .whether I make it or not!! Good luck to all the other girls too!

Stop by Inky Impressions. . .the images so far are so darn cute!! Can't wait to see the new images Nicole will be selling!!

Card Details:

Stamps: Inky Impressions
Paper: SU Candy Lane designer paper, SU Close to Cocoa, Cameo Coral (I think)
Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura Gel Pen
Accessories: Silver Metallic Cord, SU Riding Hood Red Ribbon, Fiskar Scallop Scissors, Modern Romance charms, Deja View Brads

21 comments:

Islander Girl said...

I just so love your style! So much detail in it and looks like a lot of time and work!!!

Hope you're having a Happy Hump Day!!!

Aloha!

Joy said...

thats exactly what I thought when I saw this card...you made the stamped image the center or focus on the card! I love it! you always do such inspiring work! love coming to see what you have created! your coloring, layouts and all! TFS and happy hump day!

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the layering.

CreativeMish said...

wow! very pretty! You do such a fabulous job!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love the white accents!

Cami said...

Maria, Maria, Maria! This card is just Supa-Dupa! Wow! You colored her so beautifully and believe me, there were alot of intricate parts to color! Nicole will absolutely LOVE this card! Well, there's nothing Maria can't do! You make every project outstanding!!! Hugs, Cami P.S. Article in today's Hon. Advertiser about us darker colored people being more prone to melanoma. I'm a "shady" layd! LOL!

Cathy said...

I love your card!! Good luck in the final round!! BTW my camera does the same thing.

Hugs, Cathy

de said...

Good luck Maria! This is really beautiful and you definitely showcased the image! You so deserve to win! Your cards are always amazing!

Sue from Oregon said...

Good luck Maria...you did Inky Impressions proud with your creation!

Danni said...

Very pretty! I really like the layout of the card and the pretty ribbons/charms...and your awesome coloring!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

How very pretty! Your colorig is awesome! You're very talented, Maria! They'd be lucky to have you :) I love the way you added the charms, too!
Good luck girl!!! :*)

Jodi said...

Congrats on making it this far, but you do such awesome work I know you will be chosen!
Love the layers and your fab coloring!

Hugs,
Jodi =)

Smita said...

I love this card, Maria.

Best of luck... though I am sure you will make it to the team anyway!

Love n hugs,
Smita.

Risa said...

Very cute card Maria! I love all the detailing and the colors and coloring are fantastic!
hugs
Risa:)

2 Worlds said...

good luck !
your card is beautiful

Cindy Haffner said...

Girl this is so delightful, You will win this round for sure. --I love your work!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

OH MY GOODNESS, Maria! This is absolutely stunning! I have to be very honest, your card is definitely one of my top 5 favs! HOLY SMOKES, Cami is right...I LOVE IT! Also, Thank You so much for your support. This is such a DREAM COME TRUE for me!!!! Someone pinch me. LOL BIG HUGS! Nicole :)

Elena said...

Wish you good luck, Maria! I know you will win! Your coloring is stunning! And I love the whole layout of the card!

Carisa said...

wow, this is just stunning! good luck - i think you are a definate top contender!!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Maria,

I am so so so sorry I have not been by lately I have not had a chance to do any blog commenting so far!!!

I think you did an amazing job on your application pieces!!!

Nicole never came and left me a comment which pretty much bummed me out!!!! I think this will be my last attempt at a DT as 25 rejections is about all I think I can emotionally handle!!!

Sorry to be so frank I am just upset about this one her comments before had been so possitive, but to not even leave a comment when she left such nice ones for others pretty much says to me she did not like my stuff!!!

O.K. Bummer girl will now leave!!!

Sorry!!

I really do love your creation and I think that you accomplished what you were going for!!! Attention is definetly on the image here!!!

Great Job and coloring and layout are amazing!!!

Heather

Cassie said...

beautiful interpretation of the sketch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |