Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Vellum/Acetate Window Pocket with Insert Tutorial

Good Morning, Friends! Are you all excited for Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving is like the kick off to the holidays and for me, it's very exciting. I've been creating Christmas cards all year but I still need to finish up a bunch of gift items and I am sorely behind on those. I'm actually quite disappointed that I won't have enough time to create all the Christmas gift items that I wanted to create. I think next year I'll start creating both cards and gift items early.

I have so many things to be thankful for. Everyday I am thankful that I have the opportunity to pursue my hobbies. I have so many things I want to do and I'm always wishing I had more time to do them. I have all these ideas but at the same time I think I lack ambition. I think if you really want something and you have the drive to do it, the possibilities are endless. I'm so impressed by many people in blog land and how talented and ambitious they are. If I had to wish for something, I would ask for more energy and drive. I sometimes lack them.

One of my goals next year as far as crafting is to start creating video tutorials again. I had stopped making them because I was upset that YouTube deleted a bunch of my tutorials because of the music copyright issue. My husband recently bought me the Sony Vegas Movie Maker which is pretty expensive so I have to use it for something. LOL! I just won't create tutorials with music on it. I have to also improve on my public speaking abilities. LOL! I'm terrible. I hate listening to myself on my videos.

Another goal of mine is to focus more on fitness and nutrition and living a much healthier lifestyle. I won't tell you what I really want to do with it because I don't want to jinx myself or embarrass myself if I can't accomplish it.

I have other ambitious goals but again, I don't want to jinx myself. I have a real problem starting off something and not quite following through. Usually, the time factor is an issue and my lack of energy. I think as I get more involved in physical exercise, I'll gain more energy. I am so wishing for it. I want to be full of energy to keep up with the demands I have of myself.

Life is short and you have to live like today is your last. I try to live by that concept on a daily basis. . .if only I had the energy to do all the things I want to do. Extra time would also help.

Enough of my yapping. I can sure say a lot, huh? LOL! Okay, now to my project. I actually created the tutorial for this project (Vellum/Acetate Window Pocket with Insert) 2 years ago but I've never published it publicly. I re-edited it and decided to create a Christmas project for it. For my Christmas project, I decided to use Acetate (overhead projector sheet). I heat embossed the image on to acetate. I love the Stampin Up "Patterned Pines" stamp set. It's a perfect set for heat embossing.

I also stamped the insert with snowflakes but you can't really see it in the picture. It's a very simple project and you can easily create a bunch of them quite quickly.



Some of you have been telling me that the tutorial don't print properly. I suggest that you change the margin of your printer to .5 inches on either side. I sometimes extend the margins to the Word document when I create my tutorials because I try to minimize the amount of pages to the tutorial. You may also need to subscribe to Scribd in order to print or download the tutorial. You can download the tutorial in PDF or Word format. There's a drop menu that gives you the choice on what format you want to download the tutorial. Click on the link below and it will bring you to my Scribd account.

Anyway, try out the tutorial. I think I'm going to spend the day crafting. I have so many things I need to do but I really need to work on my Christmas projects first before I work on other things!

Well I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!!

Project Details:

Stamp: SU Patterned Pines, Snow Swirled
Paper: SU Night of Navy, Soft Sky and Bashful Blue
Ink: Versamark Ink, Colorbox White pigment ink
Accessories: White embossing powder, Nestabilities, Organdy ribbon, Dress Me Up Button

Vellum/Acetate Window Pocket With Insert



4 comments:

Jodi said...

These are very pretty cards! Love the pretty snowed trees!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Danni said...

So very beautiful!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is completely fabulous Maria! LOVE the trees on the window. I'll have to try an acetate window SOON. You make it look like a million bucks. Happy Thanksgiving! :o)

CraftBelle said...

Lovely tutorial!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |