Monday, February 23, 2009

Christmas Stampin All Year Long Challenge #5 (02-23-09)


Hey Friends! I'm posting this a bit later because I needed to give the release of Pink Cat Studio "Enchanted Lily" the spotlight for a little while. Scroll down to my previous post to check out the awesome Pink Cat Studio "Enchanted Lily" stamp set released today.

Well, it's Christmas Stampin All Year Long challenge #5! Whoohoo! This week there's an additional element. . .it's a color combo challenge. Stop by "Christmas Stampin All Year Long" blog site to check out the sketch and the color combo challenge and to check the fabulous samples created by the challenge divas!
Thank you for all the well wishes in regards to my injured wrist. Gosh, it feels so much better today. I had slipped and landed on my hand to brace myself. Initially, it hurt but I didn't think nothing of it but an hour or so later, I began to have shooting pain whenever I moved my hand.

It began to swell a bit and began affecting the movement of my fingers so I put my wrist in a splint to restrict the movement and reduce the pain.

Towards the evening, I think the splint was making things worse. . my hand began to throb but when I removed the splint, the throbbing stopped. This morning when I woke up, the swelling was reduced and movement of my hand is not as painful. Yay!! I'm able to move my fingers and typing isn't too painful. . . .just forward and backward movements hurt but I can live with that. Again, thank you . . .you all are so sweet and wonderful.



Anyway, just a little bit about my card. This stamp set is an old Stampin' Up stamp set. I thought it was a fun image to play with considering I haven't used it for over a year.

I stamped the image twice and remounted the image with foam tape. I also added a bit of SU Crystal Effects and Stickles to the image.

Anyway, hope you'll play along in this week's challenge!!

Card Details:

Stamp: Stampin Up
Paper: DCWV designer paper, SU Bliss Blue, Lavendar Lace (I think)
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: SU Crystal Effects, Stickles, Basic Basic Ribbon, Buttons (?)

22 comments:

Denise said...

I love this card, the layout & colors are so pretty together.

inlovestamping said...

I love this weeks card! It was fun to work with these colors. Looking forward to next weeks challange!

Tina said...

Gorgeous card maria, he is just super cute...hehehe and i love the pretty dp you have used. Crafty Hugs Tina x

Cathy said...

Maria,

This is the cutest card. I love this snowman. He is awesome. I also love the color combo. Very fresh and pretty!!

Hugs, Cathy

Michelle said...

LOVE your card! The snowman is adorable and those big buttons are awesome!

Rita said...

Cute card & I luv all the detail you put into it! You certainly are great with detailing all your beautiful cards Maria!

So glad to hear that your doing much better with your hand & nothing is broken!

Janna said...

Oh Maria this is incredible!!! I love the crystal effects on the snowmans buttons and scarf! Beautiful! Of cours the buttons and the layout are incredible!!! I am just amazed at you unbelievable talent!!!

I am glad that your wrist is better but I am still worried for you!! I hope it gets better really soon!

smiles,
janna

Anonymous said...

this is just adorable, i love it. Renee

Joy said...

love that snowman...great job on the challenge...you gals are doing such a wonderful job on making all these Christmas cards! you go women!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love all the dimension to this snowman! You make these colors shine! Ü

Shelly said...

Such a beautiful card, Maria! I love the colors.

Risa said...

Awwww....your card is very pretty Maria! Your snowman is adorable and the button accents are tops!!!
hugs
Risa:)

doris said...

Maria,such a beautiful card!
I love the colors.

Hugs
Doris

Elena said...

This snowman is adorable!!! I love the buttons you added, Maria!

Vicki G said...

Your card is so pretty and whimsical............

Ila said...

I love this card!!...the snowman and fabric bow look Fabulous!!...
I'm so glad your wrist is better...Take Care...Hugs, Ila

Rachel Brumley said...

Maria

Glad to hear your wrist is better! I love that snowman (homespun look is my favorite). As usual you did an amazing job on the coloring. Love the crystal effects buttons!

Tina said...

Maria - I think this came out super cute. This color combo came out wonderful - I enjoyed using it - great idea.

I am happy to hear that your wrist is feeling better - now back to stamping heehaw...

tina

Diane said...

Such a cutie!! Love the blue & pink!
You sure got back on track pretty quick,awesome!!!!

Little C's Creations said...

Great job on your card, and I LOVE the sketch!! Love all the popping that you've done with your image.

Hugs,
Jen

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

I do not know how I did not leave a comment on this post I even remember doing it????

Anyway I love how you did the snowman and the layout is very cute and the coloring totally great too!!!!

I love the crystal effects look on his hat tooo!!!!

Very Very Creative girl!!!!

Love him!!!!

Heather

Charlene said...

Maria your card is beautiful! I'm going to put my daughter to bed and then work on sketch #6...lovin these sketches!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |