Sunday, February 15, 2009

Blue Tulips Card and Photos of the Day

Good Morning Friends! Did you all have a lovely Valentines? Well, how ever way you celebrated this day, I hope you had a happy day! I decided to create a card using flowers. . .there was a time when I regularly created cards made with flower images. Nowadays I like using cute images so a lot of my flower stamps are being neglected so maybe once or twice a week for the next two weeks, I'll create cards with flower images just to change things up a bit.

I haven't created a tutorial for a while either. I'm sorry about that. . .lately, I've been into learning how to use my camera and learning to use Photoshop for more creative projects so that is sort of taking away some my time . . .the time I normally use to create tutorials. When I'm trying to learn something new or find another interest, I tend to obsess over it especially something I can't get good at right away. Are you that way too?


I linked my blog "Photo Inspirations" up a the top of this blog. I had created that blog when my husband bought me my Canon Rebel for Mother's Day last year but I had sort of lost interest in my camera because I didn't have time to really learn how to use it so I stopped posting on that blog.

Recently, I began reading books and tutorials on photography and Photoshop and have been using the lenses I got for Christmas. I'm really having fun with learning things.

Stop by my Photo Inspiratons blog site once in a while to check out photos I've taken and will be taking. It's fun to start a new hobby!! I'll post a few of my photos on this blog from time to time primarily as my "photo of the day" feature.



Anyway on to my card. I had colored my image and my background with my Copic Markers and distressed the edge. The clip to the right is by Making Memories. I've had those clips for 2 years and I still have a whole bunch of them. I have a whole bunch of a lot of stuff. It seems new things go on the market before I have the chance to use the old stuff so I tend to accumulate embellishments.




I also tend to ration my embellishments. I always think I'm going to run out and I'll never be able to buy them at the store because they are discontinued. I'm going to stop rationing my embellishments and start using them on my card so don't be surprised if you see more embellishments on my cards!!

Card Details:

Stamps: Not sure
Paper: My Minds Eye and Prima Inc. designer paper, SU Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Copic markers
Accessories: SU Crystal Effects, Photo Corner Punch, Coluzzle oval template, distressing tool, prima flowers, Making Memories Clip, SU Word Window Punch, JoAnn brads, CB embossing folder



Photos of the Day

Valentines Day

On Valentines Day, I had to get up at 4:30 in the morning to bring my daughter to volunteer for a "Valentines" community event. The kids from the National Honor Society and Key Club (my daughter is in both clubs) volunteered to help out to pass out food to people in need and the homeless. It was a bit shocking because people were waiting as early as 3 in the morning and when we got there, there was already a long line. . .the elderly, kids, families all wrapped in blankets. It was so cold. . .it was in the 30s and people were waiting. It made me realize how fortunate and blessed we are to have a home, food, etc.

My daughter told me later that there were less people showed up than on other weekends and that was surprising considering the line was so long. They actually have this event on a weekly basis but they had a Valentines Day event with music and such . Because my daughter is the president of the Key Club, she's going to have the kids in the Key Club, including her, to volunteer twice a month to help the food pantry pass out food.

Okay, now to my pictures. When I went to pick up my daughter after the event, I told her and her friend to take a picture. I was going to take picture of the event but in consideration of the people there, I felt it would be inappropriate for me to take a picture of them so as the kids were about to enter my car, they stood by a fence and I took their picture. After I took the picture, I realized there was a "for rent" sign next to them! LOL! We had a good laugh at the photo!

Here is a picture of the flower my husband bought me for Valentines. He also got me candy and a balloon. We also went to dinner at an Italian restaurant. . .I ate this yummy stuffed pork chop. I brought my camera along with me at the restaurant but forgot to take pictures! I was too busy eating my yummy food. . .and I mean it was YUMMY!!

Anyway. . .hope y'all have a beautiful day!!

18 comments:

CreativeMish said...

I love your tulip card! Tulips are my favorite. My Handyman got me a bouquet of Red tulips for Valentines. Its beautiful. You bouquet is beautiful also!! Isn't it fun to be spoiled?

Danni said...

What a pretty card! Makes you just feel the warmth of spring!!
Gorgeous bouquet too!

StampinCathy said...

Your tulip card totally rocks. I just love the colors. The flowers are beautiful and how sweet that your daughter has a giving heart.

katy said...

Oh this is just beautiful Maria..i LOVE the vibrant colours, your cards really pop !

Sounds like you had a lovely Valentines, makes you feel appreciated :) Enjoyed catching up with your fabulous creations, have a good week, love Katy x

marijke said...

tulips. from holland? again a great card you have made and such beautiful colours

Jodi said...

Such a beautiful card Maria!! Great colors chosen to showcase the flower stamp too. Very pretty floral arrangment and happy belated V-Day!!
Hugs,
Jodi

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

First of all LOVE your blue tulip card! Good for you...using your stash! I have been making myself do that too.

What a wonderful giving way for your daughter to spend not only a weekend, but Valentine's Day as well. Definitely showed LOVE by doing that.

We are soooo much more fortunate than we realize aren't we?! Loved the "for sale" sign in the pic too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria...I just love flower cards. I have a bunch of flower stamps that I'd like to put to use more often. Would you mind indicating the finished size of your card with your card details? Like if it's a square card, is it a 6X6 or 5.5X5.5 or a 4.25X5.5? That would be a great help when following your sketches. Thanks. Just love your beautiful work :)

Janna said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card MAria!! I love the bright blues and greens. So, so pretty and the clip is to die for!

Oh how wonderful for your daughter to volunteer. She sounds like a very responsible young lady. That is really sad about the people waiting in line for food. Wow, so many people suffering. Breaks your heart. So nice though that your daughter is willing to help them.

How sweet of your husband to get you flowers! They are stunning!

SMiles,
janna

Little C's Creations said...

Hey Maria, awesome card creation - love all the layers. You are so good at layering. The girls taking a pic next to the "for rent" sign is classic!!! You're daughter is so great to go out and do community help... bless her!!! Oh ya, Happy Valentine's Day to you too. We didn't do nothing. But you already know that. =0) We had fun lounging around, and hanging out. The weather was awesome, so we were having a blessed day!!!

~Jen

Lori said...

I love the spring look and feel of your card, Maria! I'm realizing I'm not using my floral image stamps as much anymore either.

Norine said...

your card is very pretty love those colors together
too funny about the for rent signHugs
Norine

de said...

Maria, what a vibrant beautiful, cheery card! I love it!

So if I rent your daughter and her friend, do they do floors and windows?!

Beautiful flowers!

Anonymous said...

Your husband sound lovely but you didn't mention what you did to show him your love.

Elena said...

Maria,
I love the pictures you take! And your card with the tulips is so beautiful! Love the little flowers you added and twine with a tag!
Thank you for sharing a picture and story about your daughter!

JackieLou said...

I swear Maria you are so hilarious. The card is very pretty. Tulips are my ultimate fave... hehehe

Risa said...

Your card is very pretty Maria! I just adore the tulips and your sketch rocks!
As for running out of materials, I share that same fear about certain card stocks etc. It's weird isn't it?! lol
Your flowers are beautiful Maria! TFS!
hugs
Risa:)

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh I love this layout Maria, and the colors you used, are so pretty together and I love that image!!! Love the shine on it too!!!

You are so so so talented girl!!! I always love coming to your blog and seeing all of your creations and your coloring and use of colors and embellies and Nesties you are very very talented!!!

Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |