Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Pink Cat Studio Kiki Altered Box



Hi Friends!! Check out Pink Cat Studio Kiki Kitty dancing the hula!! I altered a shortbread cookie box . . .specifically, chocolate dipped short bread cookies from Big Island Candies that we received from my husband's uncle for Christmas. The box is empty because we ate all the cookies . . .I think we ate it all the first day we received it. LOL!!

I kept the box so I could alter it. I thought this was a cute box to put little keepsakes or even embellishments. I'm not sure what I'm going to use the box for but I'll figure something out. Hey, Pink Cat Studio is sneak peeking their new stamp set release on February 21st!! The stamp set is called "Enchanted Lily" and it is enchanted that's for sure!! Whoohoo!

The Kiki Kitty set was last month's release! I thought this hula Kiki was perfect for this altered box!


I colored Kiki with my Copic Markers and placed her on a big Prima Flower. Believe it or not, I had this big Prima Flower for about 2 years. I bought it from Target 2 years ago . . .unfortunately, they no longer sell the flowers which is a little sad. I haven't come across these big flowers any where. I'm sure I could find it online but that's okay. . .I have a whole lot of Primas that I still need to use up.

The metal sentiments are by Making Memories. Another set of embellishments that I've hoarded for years. Seriously. . .I have a serious problem with holding on to my embellishments but I'm learning to "let go"! LOL!

Anyway. . .be sure to stop by on February 21st for the first day of sneak peeks of Enchanted Lily!!

Project Details:

Stamp: Pink Cat Studio Enchanted Lily
Paper: MME designer Paper, SU Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Prima flowers, Darice rhinestones, Making Memories Metal Sentiments, Sizzix Die, Fiskar Scallop Scissors, Grosgrain Ribbon





27 comments:

Norine said...

wow that is too cute love all the colors you used
Hugs
Norine

Danni said...

So cute and fun!!

Sharon said...

this looks great I love the way you altered it. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Maria, it makes me smile big time! I love it!!! Great job!

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin these colors, you are da bomb girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katy said...

Awwww this is so sweet Maria...cant wait to see Enchanted Lily :) Love Katy x

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Holy Gorgeousness! You're so creative - I love this!!!
Great idea putting the lil image on the flower ;)
TFS! xo

Jodi said...

Cute box! Love those colors together! =)
Hugs,Jodi =)

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

You never cease to amaze me with your creations!!!! I love your blue and green theme for the last few projects those colors go so well together!!!!

Love that green ribbon, and I really love the paper flowers on top as embellies!!! So so pretty and loved how you used KiKi too!!!

This is a great project Maria, I just ended up on your photo inspirations by mistake and I love love love your header and colors on that blog oh so pretty!!!

Heather

Anonymous said...

this is a super cute box. love all the colors.

Lisa Olson said...

Awesome card Maria, as are all your others, the colours are stunning and so alive!!

marijke said...

wow what a great box you have scrapt its sooooooooo cute

Tina said...

Ohhhh Maria this is just adorable... i love the colours you used.... and that kitty is just so sweet... it really did make me smile.. i need to alter more i enjoy it so much.... i know exactly what you mean about hoarding, i only just learned to let go myself..hehehehe.. Crafty hugs Tina x

2 Worlds said...

Great box Maria

Janna said...

Oh Maria this is absolutlely awesome!!! I love the colors they are so tropical and festive!! And I love the idea of this box! Super cool! Don't you hate it when places don't sell things you want anymore!

Smiles,
Janna

Cathy said...

Hi Maria,

I love your box! Very cute!! That hula kitty is way cute on that big fat flower. Love it!!!

Hugs, Cathy

Nikki Fairbairn said...

I just adore your box Maria and so gorgeous and bright, Love your colouring of cute Kiki. Love the swirls, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Scrappinangler said...

This is so stinkin' cute! This kitty is adorable.
~Tori

Elena said...

Wow! This box is so cute! I love the big flower!!!

Lise Roy said...

WOOOOOW!!!!
This is so gorgeous!
Love the colors and your coloring!

Kim Burmeister said...

Maria, this is sooooo cute! I love the colors! You are one talented lady.

inlovestamping said...

Too cute!! Love the colors...I have this paper too! Great creative minds think alike huh!!!
You made want cookies!!!! LOL

Risa said...

Your altered box is very pretty Maria! I love the DP, so vibrant and pretty and the image is adorable!
hugs
Risa:)

Rleen said...

Maria, this box is fabulous! I love all the details.

Tina said...

uh I love this! I love to cover things with paper too. This came out super cute.

Rita said...

Wow, this is just so beautiful Maria & I luv the colors!

Vicki G said...

So cute and cheery! I love it!\



Vicki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |