Friday, January 16, 2009

Random Card and Computer Problems


Hi Everyone!! Just a random card today! I created this card a while ago but I can't remember ever posting it. Well, I really didn't have time to create any cards because my photo editor (ACDsee) flaked out on me. I have other programs but this is the only one that manages my photos in albums that I liked. I've had this program on my computer for 5 years and I've never had the need to buy a new one.


Well, I don't know what happened but yesterday it refused to load when I tried to transfer photos from my memory card from my camera to my computer. I was so disturbed by it that I uninstalled and installed the program at least 3x. Keep in my mind, my husband works in the computer/IT industry but I rarely ask him to help me out.

I don't like to ask him for help because he'll always comment about how messy my computer is. . .you know. . ."why do you have all these files?, what are these?, do you use these?, why aren't you backing up your data? and why are all these programs running in the background? yadah, yadah, yadah. I just don't want to hear it so I'll try to work on my computer problems on my own.

Well, after a whole day wasted of trying to fix it myself, I finally asked my husband to help and even he didn't know what was wrong with it. Unfortunately, he didn't have the patience to try and figure it out.

I, finally, decided to buy "Photoshop Elements 7" today. I have Photoshop CS2, the professional version, which is about 2 generations old. Back a few years ago, the program cost at least $600. . . I think the upgrade is now at CS4 which runs about $200 just for the upgrade itself. Photoshop is too advanced for me and it has a huge learning curve so I really didn't need an upgraded version. I needed the "user-friendly" version which is Photoshop Elements.

Because I knew some Photoshop (the professional version). . .well, learning to use Photoshop Elements was a piece of cake. So far, I love it and as much as I resisted changing to a new software, I can honestly say I'm glad I did. Change is good!


Anyway. . .on to my card. I had colored the image using my Copic Markers and added brads to the center of the flowers. I added a metal sentiment to match the silver brads on my image. That's about it.

Because I made this card a while ago, I can't remember what brand of materials I used so I can't give you the recipe.

Now that I finally got my photo editor issue fixed, I can now get back into the business of crafting!! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!

4 comments:

Danni said...

Such a pretty card! Love the colors!
I have the Photoshop Elements 7 on my wishlist. You'll have to let me know how you like it!

Tina said...

Aww Maria this is so pretty, what a gorgeous image.... your sketch is just brillant as always.. Crafty Hugs Tina x

Elena said...

Card is wondeful! Brads in the center of the flowers looks so pretty!

Janna said...

Maria, this is a stunning card and colored so beautifully!! You are so talented. I am sorry about the computer problems. My husband is in IT and I hate to ask him computer problems too!

Smiles,
janna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |