Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bye Bye Kitty Card


Hi Everyone!! Just a card I made! Whoa, it's bright, Maria!! LOL! I know. .. it is, huh, with all that yellow. Did you know. . .I rarely use yellow for my cards but lately I've been using it more often. Not sure why. . .I think it's because the designer papers that I've used had yellow in them.

Anyway. . .I decided to use my Pink Cat Studio "Kiki Kitty" stamp set. . .I drew in the flower background anda bit of grass around Kiki just to fill in space.

Do you see that punched corner design? Well, I think I've had the corner punch like. . .forever and have never used it. I decided, after looking through all my different corner punch to finally take it out of its package.





I colored the image using my Copic Markers and cut around the oval shape using my Fiskar Mini Scallop Scissors.

Be sure to stop by Pink Cat Studio's web site to check out all the fabulous stamps and the gallery for more samples of cards and projects!!









Card Details:

Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Kiki Kitty
Papers: K&CO designer paper, SU Sunny yellow, Blue Bayou, Teal (?)
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Martha Stewart's Border Punch, Fiskar's Cotton candy scissors, CB Embossing folder, grosgrain ribbon, Marvy corner punch, hemp cord, Joann Brad








Photo of the Day

Introducing Dakota

This is our other dog Dakota. . . the naughty one! LOL! He is very mischievous, hyper, and very, very sneaky. He loves to steal treats from our other dog Phoenix and hide them. Later, he'll go and get it and eat it all by himself. We bought Dakota the same time as Phoenix when they were both 6 weeks old. According to the previous owner, Dakota is part Shitzu & Border Terrier. Yeah right. . .I don't think so. I think he has to be part Papillon but we don't know. We just know he is a mixed breed dog. As you can see in the photo, when he thought no one was looking, he was digging out the filling of his toy.


Despite being mischievous, he is simply adorable. He is a true lap dog and every opportunity he has, he'll try to sit on your lap. When he does something naughty, he knows. . .he'll give you a sheepish look and look away when you look at him . . .he'll avoid eye contact. . .like a guilty person. He can be naughty but he is a very sweet dog.

11 comments:

Deanne Clarke said...

Cute kitty card!!!
I had to laugh at your description of your dog! So cute! I think my pup is gonna be like that! She'll look away when you scold her now!

KeeponScrappin said...

Beautiful card Maria. I love all the colors. OMG! Our poodle princess just did the same thing the other day. She even started choking a little because she took out all the stuffing that she must of swallowed some if it. There goes her toy.

Stephenie said...

Your card is super cute Maria. I think your using yellow so much because it is so cold and not sunny so your trying to have some sunshine! Oh wait, your in California, that probably isn't the case for you all! Hugs and your card is so cute.

Janna said...

Another stunning card!! I love the bright colors you used and the scene is just perfect for Kiki!! I always love coming to your blog as it gives me such inspiration. Okay, your dog is adorable!! How sweet!! the picture cracked me up of him destroying his toy! Thanks for sharing!

Smiles,
janna

Jennie said...

This is very pretty Maria! I love the bright cheery colors, excellent design. You puppy is adorable..aren't they fun!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hi Maria,

I have so enjoyed your comments on my blog, and I am totally sure I can have fun getting to know you like I have Janna, Nikki, Mariska, and Sarah from the Pink Cat DT too!!! See by the time my Quest month comes along I will feel like one of the group already!!! LOL!!! August seems so far off!!!

Did I tell you I used to live in Hawaii??? We lived on Kuai (sp?)
I went to 7th grade there my Dad was working as a Civi for the Navy at the time, but he drowned while we were there so not such a great ending, but I will always treasure the year we lived there!!!!

I love your KiKi card love that Martha Stewart Punch it is one of my favorites. I have just about every SU punch and I demo with them all the time. I just love all the amazing things you can do with punches. Wish I could demo with this MS one, but we do have that new one, it is not quite this pretty though!!!!

Maria you have such a knack for colors and layouts I am so enjoying your work!!!!

Heather

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh my word my typos above are aweful!!!!

Heather

Rina said...

This is a beautiful card Maria, yellow and all. It's bright and cheerful.

Lil' Dakota is so adorable, what a rascal.

Elena said...

Cute little kitty card!
Love the colors on the card!
Your dog is adorable! I loved reading a story about her!

Unknown said...

This is sooo cute! I love it!

Basement Stamper said...

Great sketch, I just used it and will post to my blog this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |