Monday, January 19, 2009

Random Card and Cosmic Bowling



Hi Everyone!! I've been really focused on creating lately. I hope I don't burn out like I did last year! I don't know what happened but mid-year my crafting mojo sort of went AWOL and as the months went by, I became less and less interested in crafting.

I think I went through a phase where I wanted to do other things. Sometimes when you blog and craft on a regular basis, well it becomes a routine. What I learned is it's good to step away from it and do other things that you like to do. Like everything else in life, there should be a balance.

One of the things I would like to do is to learn more about photography. I have a Canon Rebel and a variety of different lenses and honestly, I don't know how to use my camera. It's such a waste to not be able to use my camera to its capacity. I would also like to do some yoga and meditate regularly so I'm going to try to fit some time to do those things so I'll have a variety of things to do to give my life some balance.

Now to my card. Again, I colored my image using my Copic Markers and used an old Stampin Up corner punch to create the corners. Nothing much else to the card.


Card Details:

Stamp: I don't know
Paper: K&CO designer paper, SU Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery, Pink Passion
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Office Depot spiral clip, SU corner punch, Making Memories Daisy brad, Stickles glitter, American Craft Grosgrain ribbon, Fiskar Mini Scallop Scissors





Photo of the Day

Cosmic Bowling

Yesterday we went bowling and it was "Cosmic Bowling" time when we were there. Cosmic bowling is when they dim all the lights in the bowling alley, turn up the music, and have all these colorful lights flashing, the alley glows and even the bowling ball glows so it feels like you're sort of in a dance club while bowling! LOL! It was fun!! We bowled for two rounds and I scored 110 and 105! Whoohoo! That's not bad, huh?! I took a bunch of pictures and videos but the only one that came out clearly was a photo of my husband from behind. It was too dark inside the bowling alley and I didn't want to continuously use my flash in the dark because there were a lot of people bowling. Anyway, if your local bowling has "Cosmic Bowling". . .you should go bowling. . .it's really fun!

14 comments:

Bonnie said...

I totally get it Maria! I stamp and post every day and I am afraid that I may crash at any moment! I guess if I do, I do. and that is that! But I am glad you are back and going strong!

Danni said...

I'm glad you're back too, I so enjoy your site. But yes, I think we all burn out occasionally and have to take some time off.
Gorgeous card!

Savitri said...

This is a great card!!!

I've been taking it a bit easier on my blog postings and creating. I still love it but now I just make something every other day :) It's nice to take a break or just whenever :):)

2 Worlds said...

Maria that is one of the new things for me too this year with Lucas coming, I bought a new camera , and trying to learn more skills of Photoshop and photography, just research , research there is great help out there.

Great card by the way :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin your sweet card and all your details.

Elena said...

I agree with you Maria about the balance in the things we are doing...
Your card is so beautiful! I love the corners you created!
Thank you for sharing a bowling picture!

Little C's Creations said...

Hey Maria,

Well you already know where I'm at with crafting n' blogging, I've finally told myself, if I can, can - if no can, no can!! Cannot help - we all need a little rejuvenation now n' then. With ALL the things we have to do in a day... kids, house, errands, hubbys - it's a MIRACLE how any of us are able to keep up with the blog land.

Anyhoots... cute card!!! And your hubby has nice form!! LOL!!! Glad you n' the gang had a great time.. I will definitely ck out what we have on this lil' rock!!!

hugs,
Jen

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is just so pretty Maria, I just love the colour combination's you come up with. Love those corners and of course the beautifully coloured image, big Hugs, Nikki x

Janna said...

another stunning card!! I just love the shading and the layout. It is so beautiful!! I know what you mean about photography. I think that is the hardest and most stressful part about blogging for me, taking a decent picture! Cosmic bowling looks like fun!

Smiles,
janna

Debbie said...

Maria,
Your work is very inspirational to me. I can tell your mojo has returned.
I agree with you that sometimes you have to step away and maybe try other things.
Two years ago and after 10 years of serious stamping fever, I was burning out. So I went back to sewing for a while and made my first quilt last summer. Somehow that got me missing my stamping and now my mojo is visiting me more often. My stamping fever is returning. Woo-hoo!
Keep up the good work and I just love your blog. (I'm a newbie at the blogging world.)

Take care and happy stampin'

Debbie

Ila said...

Gorgeous coloring Maria!! and your card is Beautiful!!..and a little break is good..helps to keep it all fun!!...Hugs, Ila

Sankari W. said...

LOVe this layout for the card - beautiful coloring and love the Cosmic bowling inspriation! Must try that!!!

I know what you mean about crash and burn... i feel like i am almost there :) we are going on vacation soon - so i can't wait to step away for a bit (also my craft corner is a big dump right now -- not very inspiring - but YOU are always inspiring!!!

Sending you lots of happy wishes,
Sankari :)

PatriarchLu said...

I colored her with my Copic Markers. Nothing much else to the card other than adding the Prima flower, ribbon, and heart charm.

James Hudson said...

Wow what a beautiful card ! I like it so much. Bowling in Toronto

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |