Monday, April 26, 2010

My Scrap Chick Happy Tree Forest Card Set

Hello Friends! Happy Monday to all of you! Well today I decided to make a few cards using the myscrapchick.com "Happy Tree Forest" cutting file. Yesterday I created a scrapbook layout using the file and decided to create a set of matching cards. I really had fun making these cards . . .for one thing, it was fast and easy to create them and the files are so versatile. Do you see the clouds? Well, that's actual one of the tree shapes but rather than using the shape for a tree, I used it as a cloud! How fun is that?

I really LOVE the cutting/paper piecing files at myscrapchick.com because not only are they cute and fun to work with, they have a lot of versatile shapes for various types of projects from scrapbooking, card making and gift projects.

I'm not sure if you've noticed this but I've been focusing a lot on "scrappy" cards and projects lately. I've been a rubber stamper for 5 years and honestly, I was ready to try something new. Although I've created scrappy cards and scrapbook layouts in the past, I've primarily stuck to rubber stamping.

When my husband gave me the Cricut Expression for Christmas, I really wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. Well. . .I found lots and lots of things to do with it and wow, I am so excited about creating again. I was, quite honestly, getting bored with what ever I was creating. . .it was beginning to feel like I was doing the same things over and over but just with a different image and layouts.

I am having so much fun with my Cricut . . .I've been mixing stamping with cut files and wow, it has open the doors to a wide range of creations. The feeling reminds me of when I first discovered rubber stamping. I was gaga over them and couldn't wait to get my hands on more stamps and learn new techniques. Well, that's how I feel with my Cricut. ..I want to get better at it, learn more things, and experiment with different projects!! Ahhhh, good times are ahead. . .I love it!!

Lately I've been attracted to more clean line cards with less stuff going on. Cards with less layers and over embellishments. The benefit I found with this style of cards is that you can easily create a lot of cards at the same amount of time that it takes to create one busy card.

I've loving the idea of creating multiple sets of cards and gift sets so less is more to some degree. What style of cards attract you the most? Just curious what type of cards people like. . .let me know.

Anyway. . .I'm motivated to work on a few more projects. Stop by myscrapchick.com and check out all the awesome cutting files they have. For those who don't have a cutter like a Cricut, myscrapchick.com also provides hand-cut templates in pdf form so you can still create scrappy projects without owning a cutter.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!! See ya' all later!

Card Details:

Paper: K&CO designer paper, SU Close to Cocoa (I think)
Ink: Tim Holtz distressing ink
Accessories: myscrapchick.com Happy Tree Forest, Cricut, Satin Ribbon, SU Large Oval Punch


2 comments:

Renee said...

I just bought these trees Saturday morning, then saw your post where you used them for a scrap page, now the cards...LOVE them! I'm not a scrapper, pages take too long but I love cards and stamps, even though I'm still new to it all. I follow you everyday and love all of the creative ways you use things. Just got my Cricut this past Christmas and am still trying to figure it all out but I am sooo in love with myscrapchick! Thank you for introducing me! And my summer plans include making all of my Christmas cards and catching up on the challenges on CSAYL. But 4 kids in 4 different schools...I have to have some lazy summer vacation days to do it. You are awesome and inspiring and love your blog!

Beth Norman said...

Your card is lovely. I fell in love with the trees yesterday on your scrapbook layout. I really appreciate you linking me up to the site where you got the trees. OMG I fell in love with so much. Guess what I'm going to spend my money on? I never thought of hooking it up to the cricut. I've had the graphic attachment for 2 years so I guess it will have to come out of the box. You mentioned your change in style. It certainly didn't go unnoticed and I quite like it. I'm trying to get into scrappy cards myself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |