Friday, April 23, 2010

My Very First Scrapbook Layout This Year and Beauty Word SCUT File! Yay!

Hello Friends! This is my second post of the day. . .be sure to scroll down to check out the card I made for this week's CSAYL challenge. Okay. . .this is my very first scrapbook layout this year. It's hilarious because my New Year's resolution was to create a LO once a week. Ummmm. . .it's April and well, I guess I failed in fulfilling that resolution.

Honestly. . .scrapbooking is not my forte' but I have to start somewhee. I can't keep putting it off. I just applied a few cardmaking techniques to my layout. I don't know. . .I'm just a bit intimidated by the huge piece of paper! LOL! I'm accustomed to a small card layout so I sometimes don't know how to fill up a 12 x 12" LO. There's so much space. KWIM??

My daughter is 19 years old and I still need to scrap her baby photos! Ugggh! So sad. Well this is a photo of her at age 5. Boy, I have a lot of catching up to do. Way back when, there was no such thing as digital cameras and this photo was taken on a regular 35mm. I wish I had a digital camera back then. . .I would have taken more photos.

The designer paper is by DCWV called Maricopa. . .the paper is glittery and metallic. It's a very pretty paper stack.


I created the word cut "beauty" using my SCAL program so it's an SCUT not an SVG file. I used the font "Garamond Premr Pro" in the case you're wondering.


Click on the image to download the SCUT file for SCAL2

To create this butterfly, I used the myscrapchick.com "layered butterfly" file. It's only a $1 . . .it's so economical but such a pretty butterfly cut!! I used Scribbles Iridescent Paint to create the dots and added dew drops to the center of the butterfly.

I don't know when I'm going to create another layout. . .maybe in 4 months? LOL! Hopefully sooner. Maybe I'll really get into it one day. . .:)

LO Details:

Paper: DCWV designer paper and cardstock, K&CO designer Paper
Ink: Scribbles Iridescent Paint
Accessories: Dew Drops, myscrapchick.com Layered Butterfly file, SCAL, Cricut, SCUT


Hope you all have a wonderful Friday and weekend!!

9 comments:

Becky said...

Just leave it to you to do this the first time and it turns out GORGEOUS!! :)

Little C's Creations said...

Great job on the SCUT file, Maria!! I remember your resolution, sometimes things change... love how pretty it turned out.

Hugs,
Jen

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Wow, Maria! This is gorgeous! Can't wait to see more layouts from you... beautiful work!

JEROSHA ÄRETUN said...

Beautiful LO maria =) More, more, more!!!

Tina said...

I love this - what a great layout.

xo
tina

StampinCathy said...

Fabulous page and just love all the details and colors.

CreativeMish said...

Beautiful page! All of these creations you've been making is really turning me towards getting an expression. That is what you use, correct? I've never really had any interest before now.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Word Art(s), Word Book(s) post on Apr. 24, 2010. Thanks again.

2 Worlds said...

Hey Maria that is great to see some scrapbooking, don't feel overwhelmed you don't have to scrapbook all the pictures but the stories you want to tell. If you feel 12x12 is alot do smaller or like me i prefer 8 1/2 x 11.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |