Saturday, April 24, 2010

Scrap Pile Saturday Challenge #9 - Sketch and Use it Up Challenge

Hello Friends! Hey it's Saturday and that means it's Scrap Pile Saturday challenge time again!!! Yay! I was debating on what challenge would be a good challenge this week . . .do you like sketches? A sketch is an easy challenge and adding an extra component would be fun, huh? The goal is to use up your stuff so the easier the challenge, the better, right?

Before I discuss the challenge, I want to give a shout out to last week players!! Their "orange something" cards are fantastic!! Thank you for playing along ladies!!

Joan of Scrapmum
Linda of Linanna Designs
Kym of Kym's Crafty Cards
Gina Marie of ScrapCrazyLady
Sue of Suen on SCS
Margie of Oh Bumble is Me
Sheryl of Sheryl's Crafting Corner
Tina of Mommy Scraps Alot
Michelle of Creative Treasures
Tracey of My Creative Place


Now to this week's challenge

Sketch Challenge and Use it Up. Follow the sketch below and use up an already opened package of embellishments. I have a bad habit of opening up packages of embellishments, use up a few, then leave 1 or several embellishments and open a new package. I end up with a bunch of opened packages. This week's challenge is to use up any left over embellishments of at least one package that you've opened up. You may create several cards or put all of them on one card. It's up to you. Simple enough, huh?

Okay, here are the rules:

1. Other than your card/project base, the face of your card MUST be created using ONLY designer paper and card stock from your scrap pile. Do not cut up any new card stock or designer paper. This rule also applies to 3D projects such boxes, bags, etc.

2. Embellishments added to your card MUST be from "opened" packages. Do not open up a new package or roll of ribbon, brads, buttons, etc.


With my cards. . .I had two chipboard flowers left from a scrapbook kit I've opened up. I actually had 3 left but in the process of making these two cards, I misplaced the third chipboard. I was going to make 3 cards but I can't find the 3rd chipboard flower. It's somewhere. . .maybe on the floor. LOL! I wasn't in the mood to search for it so I only created 2 cards.

One of my problems is that I'm very frugal when it comes to adding "bought" embellishments. They're so expensive so I would rather spend 30 minutes creating my own embellishments rather than putting $5 worth of embellishments on one card! LOL! Maybe I should change my way of thinking and I can actually use up all my scraps!

Anyway. . nothing much to my card but following the sketch.

Okay, here is the sketch for you to follow:


Photo of the Day

I wanted to share a photo of my daughter and the pretty flowers and balloons that her aunt sent to her on her birthday. She was so surprised and delighted. She said "oh, wow. . .this is the first time I received flowers on my birthday!" It was so sweet that her aunt sent her the beautiful flowers. .. flowers are expensive and she had them delivered. My daughter had a wonderful birthday. . .can you believe she's 19 already! It's unbelievable how time flies. If you scroll down to my previous post, I created a layout of her using a photo of her when she was 5 years old. I sometimes wish I could start all over again and experience her childhood all over again. I had a blast raising such a wonderful child!

Hope you all have a beautiful Saturday!!



3 comments:

Nenane said...

I'm the same way when it comes to embellishments Maria. Sadly I have a ton of opened packages and only 1 or 2 gone. Man! Your daughter is beautiful!

Smita said...

Lovely sketch... hoping to play along with your challenges some day, Maria...:-( ... always intend to but just don't get down to doing it!!

Hugs,
Smita

TRACEY O said...

Nice cards Maria. Another fun challenge. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for next week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |