Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Gluttonous Dr Pea-Nut Card


Hey Friends!! I had a blast making this card. I was actually laughing as I was making it because I've had moments like Dr. Pea-nut! LOL!

Okay, that background thing suppose to be a blanket but it didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it but that's okay. Initially, the elephant was just laying down on the blanket that I drew and it looked fine. Then I saw the Our Craft Lounge "Life is Sweet" stamp set and thought, "hey, I could make it look like the elephant is laying all over the sundae and cupcakes! LOL! What gluttony! Unfortunately, it changed the perspective of the blanket. Oh, well. . .I think it still looks like a blanket. What do you think?

Do you see the sundae? Well, I cut part of it out and had the elephant sort of lay over it. What a pig but he sure is happy! LOL!

The elephant image is from the Our Craft Lounge "Dr. Pea-nut" stamp set. It's a cute stamp set, go check it out!

Anyway, just having fun with my card making. Actually, I'm just happy that I no longer feel sick.

Hope you are all having a wonderful evening!!

Card Details:

Stamps: Our Craft Lounge Dr Pea-nut, Life is Sweet
Paper: K&CO designer paper, SU Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Copic Makers
Accessories: Office Depot swirl clip, SU Key Tag Punch, Making memories eyelets, Stickles Glitter, SU Alpine ribbon

19 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGosh.... Peanut totally looks drunk on sugar! (I've SO been there!) TOO CUTE AND CLEVER! You rock Maria! :)

Cathy said...

Maria, this is so funny!!! I love this!! Dr. Peanut reminda me of me sometimes!! I love the colors and the way you laid him in the sundae! Very cute!

Hugs, Cathy

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

Wow this card is adorable. I would have been laughing when I was making it too!!! I love how you put this idea to paper it is so adorable that way!!!

The card is very cute, and I love your coloring!!!

I love that elephant too I am an elephant kinda girl!!

Heather

Cindy Haffner said...

Hee hee poor peanut.

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I love the little floor you made for him. :)

doris said...

Your cards are so beautiful again!

Hugs
Doris

Denise said...

ute, cute, cute!! I jsut love it. What a great job,those cupcakes look so delicious!

Maria Therese said...

sweet card!!!

Smita said...

Dr. Peanut sure is very very cute!! :-D Love the way you made him lie on the sundae.

Hugs,
Smita

Anonymous said...

Maria this is hysterical!! Great job on your card!! Blessings and Hugs!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Oh my word!!! This is hilarious! I have both these sets. Too funny! Yep, I've been there too.

Norine said...

now that is too cute & funny made me smile
Hugs
Norine

Unknown said...

That is so cute and funny at the same time Love it!

Rleen said...

Maria, your card is adorable! I love the cute image and your coloring is perfect. Awesome job as always.

CreativeMish said...

This so cute! He looks like he's in hog heaven... bathing in the goodness of sweets

Elena said...

What a fun card! Love your idea with blanket!!!

Michelle said...

I just love that elephant! Out of all the craft lounge sets Dr. Peanut is my FAV! I just love your card - too cute!

Shelly said...

Your card is super cute, Maria. I love the colors.

I'm happy to hear you're feeling better. : )

Janna said...

I just love all of your ideas! How clever to make him over the sundae! He really does look like he has eaten too much. And I immediately thought blanket when I saw the background. I actually thought it was part of the stamp! Your drawing ability just blows me away! This card really brought a smile to my face! The colors are just so happy and you are right, how can you not look at this image and smile!

Smiles,
janna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |