Thursday, March 5, 2009

Rock the Farm Anya


Hi Friends! Can you say cute or what! When I look at this Anya image . . .well, I just feel like pinching her cheeks. LOL! I seriously had fun creating this card. Not only because of Anya but I really loved the designer paper's colors.

I colored Anya with my Copic Markers. Okay, Anya is an image that you can't go wrong when coloring. Seriously. I've seen other ladies creating Anya with purple, blue, or green hair. That's how fun it is. Because this is only my second Anya card, well. . .I'm conservative but give me time and I'll go wild and start coloring her hair purple and such! LOL!!

You can find this supah-cute image at the Greetng Farm. This one, unlike my other Anya card, is actually a stamp and it comes in a set.

Not to change the subject. . .but someone asked me how I find time to blog. I have two computers. . .a laptop which sits in my kitchen and my desk top in my craft room. My husband bought the laptop for me to look up recipes when I cook but it has now become an area where I visit and comment other bloggers. LOL! My desk top is in my craft room and if it wasn't for my laptop, I would be holed up in my craft room. The laptop is on a built in desk that faces the family room and television so when my family watches television, I can still watch TV with them and blog at the same time. LOL!

I don't load photos on my laptop because it takes up too much space so when I post something, I have to go upstairs in my craft room. I found that if I upload my photos on to my blog, I can finish it on my laptop while hanging out with my family or cook dinner.

People often wonder how I manage stuff. . .well, I do different things all at the same time. . .i.e., watch TV with my family, while blogging, and cook dinner all at the same time. LOL!! Sometimes I'll also color my images while watching TV on movie nights. Another thing that is very convenient for me is that our laundry room is located upstairs next to my craft room so I'll craft and do the laundry. . .I can hear the alarm on the washing machine or dryer from my craft room so I just stop my crafting and finish the laundry.

My Roomba also does my maintenance vacuuming. . .so that really helps. Strategic placement of things and automated things can really make the world go round in a much smoother fashion. LOL!

Hey, my Roomba just turned on just now. . .go Roomba! He automatically vacuums my floor at approximately 8:00 every morning!! LOL! He's my buddy.

Hope y'all have a fabulous day!

Card Details:

Stamps: Greeting Farm Rock the Farm, SU sentiment
Paper: MME Designer paper, SU Cool Caribbean, Cameo Coral (I think)
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Fiskar Scallop Scissors, CB embossing folder, Making Memories Ribbon, Swirl Clip (Office Depot), Fiskar Border Punch, K&Co Button Brads




33 comments:

Danni said...

I just adore this Anya set! and you're right, Anya can be colored almost any way and look cute!
Very nice card, I like the colors and papers too!
We have a laptop on my craft table where I write the blog posts as I create and then I add the photos later.
I blog hop and comment in the mornings while Belle plays.

Unknown said...

That is super cute. You put so much work into your cards -- one thing I just can't bring myself to do. I'll do layouts and altered projects all day but never cards. Love your stuff.

Denise said...

Very pretty Anya. I only have one, I think I better create with it huh? Your coloring of images is just fabulous! I am still trying to get the hang of coloring in my images. I try water colors, copics, but still learning with each card I color.

Cindy Haffner said...

Love Anya you colored her so nice, and I always love your colors.

--you go with watching t.v. and blogging at the same time. I can't the computer always wins and I have no clue what my family said to me or what the movie is about.

Cathy said...

I love this card so much!!! I love the colors and the embellies. Love that sketch too, I'll be using that one soon!!

Love all your stuff!!!

Hugs, Cathy

WickedPixie said...

Beautiful! I just love how you use color (and your coloring!)

Tracy.H said...

Love it, Maria! I think this might be my next TGF purchase. :0)

tessa said...

cool card!!!

Michelle Alejandro said...

Too cute! Just love this little farming Anya. Love how you colored her too and your layout. TFS!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your colouring of this cutie is just stunning Maria and I just love the papers, Hugs, Nikki x

Jodi said...

LOVE your cute Anya!! This and many of the other Greeting Farm sets are my favorites! I know exactly what you mean when you say that your Roomba is your best buddy, I love it that it picks up so much when its not a huge vacuum!
I also do my laundry while blogging and color when watching TV. I think I have to do that since I am at work for 40 hours or more. LOL! It's all about multi-tasking!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

CreativeMish said...

I love this card! I love the colors! I'm going to have to go check out this stamp company! So cute!

Janna said...

I need a roomba!!! Sounds awesome! I know what you mean about the multitasking I do the same thing. I blog while watching TV and color sometimes too!

This card Maria is just the coolest!!! I love the way you colored Anya in and the gorgeous DP. So full of color and life. And that ribbon! Oh am dying it is so stinking cute!!

You are so right about colorign them up. They are just so adorable and can be colored in so many different ways! I great image for any level of colorer!

Smiles,
janna

Risa said...

Your card is adorable and Miss Anya is too cute Maria! You can't help but love these stamps.
Isn't technology something! I don't have one of those robots but I could surely use one at times. *lol*
hugs
Risa:)

Smita said...

Love the vibrant colors of this card and the super cute image...

Hugs,
Smita

The Wired Angel said...

Your work is always so beautiful. TFS. Also, I think that you have added a list of great challenges is awesome! Thanks for doing that! It's so cool.

MacKenzie said...

Wow! Love the colors on this one. Your coloring is amazing and yes....I do want to pinch her cheeks!

doris said...

A beautiful stamp and a great color.
Your card is beautiful!

Hugs, Doris

Norine said...

this is just too cute love the colors and the DP
Hugs
Norine

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

What a darling card! I love that you colored her hair
"conservatively"! LOL!!

Silli said...

Maria, your card is so so sweet. Love the image and your coloring .Great colors... Thats so beautiful. Hugs Silke

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Maria, when the page loaded and I saw this sweet image, it made me smile! She truly is adorable and I want to pinch her cheeks too! LOL! So cute!!!!
Great colours and layout as always!!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

WOW! This is such a bright and HAPPY card! Just gorgeous! Your coloring is so perfect! Love it!

Tammy said...

Hi Maria
Congrats on the DT position.
We are going to have a blast!

Michelle said...

This is one BEAUTIFUL card! Love your color choices and your coloring of Anya is amazing! You always add the perfect embellishments. The match and look like they were made specifically for your card! You are so very talented!!

Cami said...

You always make Anya look so cute and cheerful with your colorful colors! And yes, you always add so much dimension with your embellies and layering. You take a lot of time creating and they always look fab!

Rleen said...

I love that adorable image and the colors are awesome. Fabulous job as always!

Elena said...

Love how you colored Anya! Absolutely beauitful!!!

Mariska said...

With gorgeous cards like this one can you blame the people at The Greeting Farm for asking you to be a gardner... I can't. And now I'm off searching the web for Roomba's :). Have a great weekend sweetie!!

xxx
Mariska

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ouuuuu! This is SO sweet! I love the way you've coloured her (incredible as usual) and the buttons & layout are super cute.) Those are great tips for multitask blogging. You really DO do it all! Hugs, :O)

Risa said...

Wow....what a super gorgeous card Maria! I love the vibrance of it and Miss Anya is adorable!
hugs
Risa:)

Sankari W. said...

Okay - first of all - this Anya is just super duper cute!!! LOVE the coloring and the DP and I LOVE what you wrote about how you find time to blog - I have always wondered that! I always wonder how everyone has time to do it all!!! Love that you do everything all at once - that's kinda of how things go around here too... SO happy to have met you in this wide world of blogland dear Maria!!!
Sending you much love!
Sankari :)

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

I love this Anya and I love creating with all the Anya's and Ian's!!! You did a wonderful job on this card, and you have a way of taking a cute image and making it into an elegant image!!! An ability not many have so that is an awesome atribute!!!

I love the roomba idea I may need to look into that!!!

Your crafting/household placement sounds great and sounds like it really works for you in many ways!!!

Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |