Friday, March 20, 2009

Stampin Up Crazy for Cupcakes and Photo of the Day

Hi Friends!! Happy Friday! Gosh, I'm glad it's Friday! My favorite day is Friday because I get to stay up late and my family gets to stay up late with me! LOL! We usually hang out late at night watching movies. It's just fun! What is your favorite day?



Initially, I wasn't "feeling" this card. I'm not sure why. I think it's my choice of designer paper. I think the image was calling out for something cuter. . .but I'm trying to rid my ever growing scrap pile and I couldn't find a cute green/pink designer paper in my scrap pile. Can you believe that?

Anyway. . .I colored the image with my Copic Marker and added a bit of Stickles to the image. I double stamped the image and remounted one image with foam tape.







Here is a close up of my card. I love creating 3D effects to my images. . .it's just fun to see it pop up!

I really don't have much to say today. I have a lot of things to do and I just want to get this card posted.

Anyway. . hope y'all have a wonderful day!




Card Details:

Stamps: SU Crazy for Cupcakes
Paper: K&CO and Autumn Leave designer Paper, SU Pretty in Pink, Wild Wasabi
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Buttons, Organdy ribbon, Prima flower, Making Memories daisy brad, embroidery floss, Stickles, SU Crystal Effects
Photo of the Day

Flying Dakota

This is a photo of my dog Dakota! He is a super excited dog and very greedy! We love playing with his mind by showing him doggie treats and holding it up. Because Dakota is so greedy, he'll jump like mad to get to the treats so that his brother Phoenix can't get at it first. He'll jump really high and he can actually jump a few feet high. He just needs a motivation and he'll keep doing it until you give him the treat.

The terrible thing is that he'll swallow the treat whole. . .gosh, he don't even get a taste of it. He'll sometimes regurgitate it and hide it somewhere in our yard. He sort of accumulates his treats and search for them later in the day. We figured that he stashes them somewhere after we realized he seem to always have treats that we know we did not give him. That is how greedy he is. . . .crazy dog.

24 comments:

Rita said...

I love your card Maria, it's so pretty!

We must be on the same wave length today because I feel the same, I had a short post today too, just didn't feel like talking. Take care kiddo & have a great weekend.

Cathy said...

This is a cute card Maria. Love the colors.

doris said...

I know not what I should write, your cards are always so fantastic!
Have a wonderful weekend!!

Hugs xx
Doris

Rleen said...

Aloha Maria,
Your POTD is so cute.

I love your gorgeous card. The cupcake looks so yummyyyy!!! Fabulous job as always. TFS!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Arlene

Danni said...

Love your cutie pie doggie!
Nice card! I really like the 3D effects, I just usually forget to do them!
It's nice to use up scraps~~helps us think outside the box too!

Stephenie said...

This card is gorgeous Maria!!!

Lisa Foster said...

What an awesome card, Maria!!! I love your choice of DP...it gives it a little more zip! (if that's possible for one of your cards...they all just Zip right off the planet, they're so great!!!)
Great sketch too!
Dakota is so cute....awesome pic! Have fun watching movies tonight! :)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Maria, love the image and the wonderful papers and colour scheme. Hugs Nikki x

Tonniece said...

Very cute card Maria.
And your pic of the day is adorable.


Have a great weekend

Joy said...

lovely card and cute doggie! you did a great job with that cupcake! I love how you popped it off that page! so pretty! hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Janna said...

This is adorable Maria!!! i love the green and pink color combo and of course your layout is amazing! You do such a great job of creating dimension in your cards! The cupcake looks like it is really! I also adore those buttons down the side! I am really trying to use my buttons more! I seem to be horrible at hoarding them! LOL!

How cute is Dakota!! Our dog is the same way! Jumps up to get his treats and swallows them almost whole!! You can't give him doggie ice cream or otherwise he will get an ice cream headache! LOL!

Smiles,
janna

Jodi said...

I love your card, its so perfect for any birthday whether it be for a boy or girl.
Your dog is so cute! what kind of dog is he? A Papillon?
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria! This is a beautiful card (as always!)! The DP is perfect! TFS! =)

~ gracie

Vicki G said...

Friday is my favourite day as well Maria (or should I say blondie!!! hehe)

Your card is SCRUMPTIOUS!

KeeponScrappin said...

Ohhhh! How I love cupcakes!! veru beautiful as always Maria. Love the color combo. How precious is your dog. You dog is precious.

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely card, Maria. All those layers really make it pop!!

Elena said...

This card is so cute! I love the dimension on the cupcake! And Dakota is so funny!

Curt in Indy said...

What a gorgeous card Maria! The colors on this just pop off of the paper! The details are really wonderful! Love the dog story and picture too! Best, Curt

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

This week on Embellish It, the challenge is cupcakes. You should post this in the gallery there (link on my blog)

CreativeMish said...

Very nice! I love how you layered the frosting on the cupcake. I'm going to CASE it and come up with something for my friends birthday card.

Christine said...

I love your card. Those 3d accents are fantastic. Your card is so bright and cheery. A perfect birthday card. I just love all the details that you bring to your cards.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

I love the colours on this. (Your DP choices seem great to me.) Your gorgeous colouring makes it look so yummy! That cupcake stamp rocks. Your story about Dakota had me ROFL too funny! wish I had a doggy; can't wait until we do. :O) Mel

Becky Carafa said...

Love all your layers and papers!

Cami said...

Love this card, Maria! Your coloring makes the cupcake "pop" off the card. Wonderful color combinations, as always. Dakota is so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |