Sunday, March 22, 2009

Little Paper Shop Digital Image

Hi Friends! In moments of clarity, have you ever asked yourself the question "Why?". LOL! I opened a container full of craft stuff, mostly "junk" and was looking through them and I was like "why the heck did you buy these?", "Why did you think these were nice?", "When did you think you were going to use these". . .LOL! Seriously! I don't know what overcomes me when I'm at the store. I have stuff that I can't imagine putting on my cards or scrapbook layout . . .well, today. . .back then I did buy them for a reason.

I found these cute heart die cuts. . .a few that were actually worth using. I'm hoping to breath some life into the junks that I bought 4 years ago. I don't have the heart to throw them out. . .they may be useful one day. It's the pack rat in me.

Anyway. . .now to my card. Just a whole lot of pink on this one. I won't go into my disaster story because you'll think every card I make starts off as a disaster. . .but it's true, many of my cards start off that way. This one was no exception but what matters is the end results.

Just a hint. . .if you see my images cut out and remounted. . .it's usually because I messed up. LOL!


I colored my image with Copics. . .again. I think I'll stop stating the color medium I used unless it's other than Copics, okay!

Whoohoo! Today is a beautiful day. I want to go bowling today but my husband hurt his bowling finger. . .I haven't gone bowling for 3 weeks. I want to leave him behind and just go bowling without him but he'll feel bad.

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!


Card Details:

Stamps: Little Paper Shop digital image, Hero Arts (sentiment)
Paper: K&Co designer paper, SU Pink Passion, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura gel pen
Accessories: Office Depot swirl clips, Basic Basic Ribbon, Fiskar mini scallop scissors, SU Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Stickles glitter, CB Embossing Folder, Heart die cuts (?)

33 comments:

marijke said...

ooooooooohhhhhhhhh I am in love..... what a cute card yo have made

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria! This card is adorable! Love everything about it! I like how you placed the triangular clip. My daughter saw it and said "OOOOH!!! I want that!" She loves pink...hehehe! TFS! =)

~ gracie

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Maria, sorry ive not been about much this week, im desperately trying to catch up with my blogging. YOu have been making so many gorgeous crafty makes since my last visit. I totally love the card you've made its truly stunning! hope you are well, hugs Linda x

Smita said...

I love this card and the pinks. And your remounted image adds a lot of dimension and depth to the card, I think. :-)

One request... do you, by any chance, think of doing a small tutorial on cutting stamped images? I wish you would, because I don't know how to cut them well enough. Love how your umbrella's handle (which is so thin) has been cut to perfection.

Hugs,
Smita

doris said...

Your card is a dream ... Compliment!

Hugs xx
Doris

Becky Carafa said...

Oh isn't she adorable! I had to laugh at your pack rat story. I look at the stuff I bought when I first started and now I can't get rid of it, lol!

CreativeMish said...

Very pretty! I love all of the pink... especially with the chocolate. are the large die cuts nestabilities? or is that a SU diecut?

Danni said...

What a fun card! love the bright pink!!
I have lots of those items that make me go hmmmm...what were you thinking! LOL!

Unknown said...

wow its beautiful., I wish my disaster cards turned out that way lol ;)

AnnMarie said...

Such an adorable card!! Love all the pink and that sweet little face just tugs at my heart strings! Very lovely, Maria!! Hope you are doing well! :)

Tonniece said...

OMG, this is adorable Maria. It's great when you find little treasure like this one.

Happy Sunday

Gabby said...

Maria...that card is GORGEOUS!!! So perfect for today too...it's raining!!!

Oh...and I have asked myself time and time again "WHY?". I tend to find things I bought and think to myself..."why did you buy this"...basically all the questions you asked ourself...lol! Oh well...LOL!

Charlene said...

Love your card, its so adorable! I can totally relate to "why did I buy this?", my craft room is full of those purchases and like you I cannot bring myself to part with them because I "might" need it one day...you never know lol

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Very pretty! I love their lil images - I was just eyeing those last night ;)
Perfect as always Maria! It's hard to believe that you ever have a 'disaster', lol!
xoxo

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

love this layout! love the card too and yes I have some of those items wondering what in the world I was thinking. LOL!!

Denise said...

So beautiful! My favorites colors too. What a great job, you always amaze me with all your wonderful layouts & coloring.

Cami said...

I love this! I don't care how "old" your stash is, you put everything together very well! Great card! Have a restful Sunday and be looking forward to next week! Cami

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh I love all the pink Maria and added dimension, the image and your colouring is adorable as always, love the little clip too, Have a great evening, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Cathy said...

This is so cute Maria!!! I love this image. I think we all have disaster cards and boxes of "stuff" that make us say hmmmmmm!!

Hugs, Cathy

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh I love it. Love all the pink, love that you cut her out, So so pretty.

Unknown said...

You can mess up as much as you like if it produces little gems like this!!!
Viv xx

Maria Therese said...

oooo this is just too cute!!

Ila said...

What a Fabulous card!!...I love the image, coloring and the dimension is just Amazing!!!....Hugs, Ila

Vicki G said...

Maria, this is so sweet and gorgeous!

Risa said...

Awwwwwwww....what a stunning card! The digi image is a cutie and the color combo has serious eye appeal..I love it!
hugs
Risa:)

inlovestamping said...

Ohhhhh I love this card. The pink colors are wonderful! The love how you layered the image! Really make sit pop!!!

2 Worlds said...

Beautiful Card , I love bowling too

Janna said...

I love this card!!!!!!! The pink and brown are amazing!!!!! Wow, wow, wow! I love the papers and the cut out hearts are perfect!! I just cannot acurately put into words how much I adore this card! it is amazing!

Smiles,
janna

Christine said...

Oh, Wow!! Super, super cute. I love all the details that you included in your card and your coloring is fantastic!!! That image is awesome. I am definitely going to go check them out.

Michelle said...

What a cute card!!! I'm still unsure about the digital images - I'm probably going to have to give in and try them though as there are a lot of cute ones. Your colors are fantastic and this sketch is one I'll definitely be using...who am I kidding? I use all your sketches!!

Jodi said...

This is sooo cute! I love it, especially all that pink!!
Great job with all the layers and scallops!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Elena said...

So pretty! I love the colors you used!

JackieLou said...

Hey is that me in that PINK card hahahahaha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |