Tuesday, March 10, 2009

InStyle Stamps Jet Card


Good Morning, Friends! Wow, I actually feel so much better today. I don't want to jinx myself because I said the same thing last week and I got sick again but oh, I feel so much more normal today.

I don't like boy cards because I can't add all the bells and whistles to my card. LOL! So. . .to dress up my card a little bit, I drew the background setting.

Hey, I have special technique when I draw and color. . ."I hold my breath". Seriously! I noticed this habit a long time ago. . .I used to wonder why when I draw or color, I end up with headaches. I realized in order to keep my hands steady, I would hold my breath. LOL! So to prevent myself from passing out, I now watch TV so I have a distraction and I breath normal. You think I'm kidding. . .I'm not. Too funny. What peculiar thing do you do when you color or create your cards?

Anyway. . . a little info about my card. . . the image is by InStyle Stamps and this one is actually a digital image which you can find here. This cute guy name is "Jet". Isn't he a cutie or what?

I colored my image using Copic Markers. The skateboard is a scrapbook embellishment by Jolee's Boutique. I had this embellishment like. . .forever but I don't scrapbook often enough so I've never used it. Do you know there was a time when I would buy all these scrapbook embellishments thinking I was going to be a major scrapbooker. Well, it never happened. I would love to be a good scrapbooker but argggh, there's not enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

Hey. . .not to change the subject. . .I heard on the radio that Michaels may be going out of business. Oh, no!!!!! I love Michaels. I hope it's not true.

Well, I think I'm going to work on a scrapbook layout today. Writing about scrapbooking reminds me that I haven't created a layout for weeks now.

Well, I hope y'all have a wonderful day!!!

Card Details:

Stamps: InStyle Stamps Jet, SU Upsy Daisy
Paper: SU Cool Caribbean, Real Red
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: SU Key Tag Punch



20 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the bright colours!! wonderful card. tfs. blessings. Renee

Ila said...

I love your card...this fella is just the Cutest and your coloring is Wonderful!! ...I was the same way...bought a ton of stuff for scrapbooking...discovered cardmaking and totally got into it..I would still like to scrapbook..maybe later...lol...Michaels going out of business??...Oh No!!...I hope not...I would sure miss that store!!...Hugs, Ila

Sharon said...

Great card Maria, love the colours and your background looks really good.
Lol I laughed at you holding your breath whilst colouring well I do something really stupid!!! When I have used a marker and it colours ok I say thank you to it!!!! How weird is that?

Diane said...

Cute boy card,I have such a hard time making boy cards too!
As a matter of fact I need one for saturday for our Godson,yikes,I better get at it.
Oh I hope you're wrong about Michael's,ours just opened last spring and I love that store!
Glad you are feeling ok,it must be all the LOVE we are sending you!!!

Shelly said...

Great card, Maria! I think boy cards are harder to make too. You draw very well. Do you draw stamp images for any companies?

Jennie said...

Love your coloring, Wow! You did a fab job on this, as always :o) Jet is cute!! I hope you continue to get better each day!!! being sick is a bummer..especially when you think you have gotten better. Don't overdue it :o)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Hi Maria, I'm so sorry I haven't been to visit and your have made so many gorgeous cards, this one is fabulous and I love the sweet image, Your colouring is beautiful, A huge congrats on your new DT post too with The Greeting Farm. They are so lucky to have you and can't wait to see what you create with Marie's stamps. Sorry to hear you haven't been well but good to know you are feeling better, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Rleen said...

Maria,
Thank you so much for the lovely comment in my WOJ card. Much appreciated.

Your card is gorgeous, I love the cute stamp image and the color combo. WOW! you're a great artist too, I love the background that you drew. TFS!

Joy said...

funny you said that...I notice that when I color I don't hold my breath but I let it so very slowly and when I pause/stop coloring, I breath out and then take another deep breath in and start all over. maybe that's why I get light headed too! LOL! love how you added your background. i have a hard time too with boy cards. you did a great job! fantastic! way to go!

Rita said...

Your too funny Maria! I have a habit of biting or sucking my lower lip.

Love your little boy card, too cute!

I hope that's just a rumor about Michaels & not true because they will have a lot of sad crafters crying!!!

Janna said...

No Michaels!!! It just can't be! I can't live without Michael's!

i am so glad you are feeling better! I hope that it continues! Your card is just amazing Maria!! I love the scene you made for the background! So, so amazing and the embellishment is perfect! I love your coloring as well! I have to say when I draw I tend to put my tongue in my cheek. I just realized it the other day too! Have no idea why I do that! LOL!

smiles,
janna

Risa said...

Jet is so handsome standing on his skateboard...I love it Maria! Super great job.
hugs
Risa:)

Cathy said...

Hi Maria,
I love your card!! The background you drew is wonderful!!! Great job!!

Jodi said...

Very awesome card! I love that you are drawing on them for backgrounds. I think I have to try that out...that means I must set time aside to do that(don't know when) LOL!! =)
Your coloring is great too!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Sandy said...

Your card is fantastic, Maria!! Love the little scene you created for Jet ... just perfect.

Glad you are feeling better!!

Becky Carafa said...

wow, your background is awesome! what a great boy card!

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

You did a great job drawing your scene here!!! I love how you incorporated a scrapbooking embellie into it!!!

I know about holding my breath I do it for different things I have not paid attention if I do it when coloring!!! LOL

When I was in labor with my oldest Piper my 7 year old I actually held my breath with every contraction. I remember them telling me that I could not hold my breath because when I held my breath I was holding the babies breath as well!!! LOL!!!

I will never forget that part of labor. She ended up being a C-Section and I have had 2 more since then so no more labors and holding my breath!!! LOL!!!

Heather

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

OMyGosh! I absolutely adore and love this card!!! My 5yo is trying so hard to be a "cool skateboarder"! Great coloring and even more so, awesome background! You have an amazing talent Maria!!!
I must go check out that image!
Thnx for sharing :)
xo

kadie said...

This card is so WOW! You did an incredible job with Jet's coloring and with the background. Amazing!

Elena said...

Wow! Maria! This card is fantastic! Your drawing is so creative!!! Love, love your coloring!
Hope news about Michaels are not true...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |