Monday, March 2, 2009

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long Challenge #6 (03-02-09)

Hello Friends!! Well it's challenge time again at "Christmas Stampin' All Year Long"! Yup, we're on challenge #6! Stop by the Paper Craft Planet group site too and join in! I know it's early in the year to be making Christmas cards but I've made a total of 10 cards already this year! I mean, I cannot tell you how much of a relief it is knowing that I'll have at least 10 people to send these cards to on Christmas this year.

Last year, arrrgggh! I could barely breath making my cards the last minute. I, finally, gave up and threw my hand in the air. . .I had to make a choice, enjoy the holidays or continue making the cards and well, for my family's sake I had to throw in the towel. I decided I wasn't going to make the same mistake this year so I started this challenge blog to get me going and hope that it would motivate you to get going too!

Anyway. . this week's challenge is to follow a sketch and to use "eyelets" on your card and no other embellishments! It can be tough when you're accustomed to adding ribbons and all sorts of embellishments on your card!

Well. . .a little bit about my card! I colored Edwin with my Copic Markers and I did it again. . .I colored his cheeks too pink. Sometimes, I don't think about the shade of pink to use for the cheeks. I tend to rush to finish up my card and grab any pink that I see first. Arggh. I will stop doing that from now on.

Another thing is . . .doesn't Edwin look sort of zombie like ! LOL! Well, I had colored my image immediately after stamping the image and I think the ink was still a little wet which caused Edwin eyes to smear a little giving him those zombie eyes. Another thing I have to stop doing. . .I'm always rushing to finish things! I have so little patience!



I also used a bunch of scrap designer papers for my card; hence, the hodge bodge look to it. I am desperately trying to use my scrap papers rather than cutting up new paper. Unfortunately, not all the papers match perfectly but I think it turned out okay with the different designer papers. What do you think?

Anyway, hope you'll play along this week!!

Be sure to stop by the blog site and check out the fabulous job the challenge diva did with this week's challenge.

Card Details:

Stamps: Magnolias Skiing Edwin, SU (sentiment)
Paper: Arggh I can't remember. I think MME, SU Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Stampin Up Photo Corner Punch, SU Large Oval Punch, Curly Label Punch, Making Memories Eyelets, Fiskar Scallop Scissors



24 comments:

doris said...

Wow...what a beautiful card!

xoxo Doris

thestampinglady said...

Just stunning. Wish I was on your Christmas card list! TFS.

Vicki G said...

Your card is lovely!!!! Zombie eyes??? hehe.......... He is adorable!!!!!

Yeah.........I totally intended to use only eyelets.........I printed out the sketch and then I guess I just got lost in the card!!!!! That Yummy Ribbon was calling my name..............Glad to see I wasn't the only REBEL!

Have a great day Maria

Hugs,

Vicki

Elena said...

Edwin doesn't look like Zombie, Maria! He is adorable! Love all the layering you created, Maria!!! And eyelets on the corners are so cool!

Denise said...

Pretty card, love the blues & greens.

Lise Roy said...

Gorgeous as always!!
Love the colors, DP, the stamps, the sketch!!!

Jodi said...

Love your Tilda card and the colors you used!! =)
You are so funny with the Zombie eyes! LOL! He's cute! =)
Love your embellishments too!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Danni said...

You are so funny, zombie eyes. I also rush things and am trying to slow down.
Great card though....Love it!

inlovestamping said...

I loved you card this week! I had a total block on mine... LOL Next weeks will be better! I likethe bright color and patterns!!!

Joy said...

love your cards...your beautiful layouts, DP, embellishments...etc! you do such wonderful work! I always come to be inspired! thank you for always doing that =) have a happy girl's day tomorrow!

Heather Schlatter said...

Great job Maria,

Sorry I have been MIA it is a long long story, I wrot all of it on my blog and I am really missing seeing your cards!!!

You did a great job and the colors and papers you choose are so perfect together!! You really have quite the knack for putting it all together girl!!!

Love this card!!!

Heather

Nikki Fairbairn said...

I love the colours, papers and layering Maria, Edwin looks adorable, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Rita said...

Gorgeous card Maria! You have a great start to your Christmas collection this year!

de said...

What a beautiful card! Your cards are always so detailed! I wish I could get that down in my cards. They always seem to lack something!

Thanks for letting me know about the comments on the photo blog. I fixed it! We got our first lesson today. It's on shutter speed. I'll let you know about it after I read it!

Tina said...

hi there

wow - what an amazing card - again great sketch - I am having a really great time in the group.

Elena said...

Oh, Maria... I am so sorry that you couldn't buy those Anya stamps. They usually go in stock on first day of month and on 15th. But they are selling so fast. Hope that next time you will get them!
Hugs,
Elena

Anonymous said...

Heyy Maria !!
this is such a cuuuuute card :) loooove it ;)
(better change your link in my blog so i can follow you :)
Hugs from Australia xxx
(http://brigittescrap.canalblog.com)

Dawn Easton said...

LOL Maria! I think we are our own worst critics....your card is darling! I love all the fun colours and patterns and your layout is awesome! I can't remember the lasat time I used eyelets...should pull them out soon!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!!

Marcia said...

Great Card! Anyone would love to receive it and I didn't notice any Zombie eyes!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW Maria! I love all the layers and scallops! Great job with all the eyelets too!

Janna said...

This is adorable!!! You are so silly! Edwin doesn't look like he has zombie eyes at all! He colored so nicely! And I love the hodgepodge look! You know me and my layers! Can't get enough! The eyelets are amazing as well! Just the right touch and added in the perfect spots!

Smiles,
janna

Ila said...

I think he looks Fabulous..like he has been outside in the cold!!....I love this card....your papers and layout are Wonderful!!...Hugs, Ila

Shelly said...

I love it, Maria!!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful card, Maria! You coloring is so gorgeous and you always add so many awesome details to your creations! I just love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |