Monday, November 19, 2007

Elegant Embossed Card

Good morning everyone! I was playing around with this stamp image this morning. I decided I could not color the image. . .the image is like a sketch drawing so I decided that it was best to just emboss the image. I really have a difficult time with simple cards. I'm so accustomed to busy colorful cards that it's really difficult to come up with a simple design.

With this card, I stamped the image on to a beige colored cardstock and heat embossed it with copper embossing powder. I used a swirl stamp by Autumn Leaves to create the background and heat embossed the swirls with the same copper embossing powder. This card is a 5x7 card. The primary image is a stamp by "Impression Obsession".

I like this card the best of the three cards.


The card looks better in person. The camera could not capture the metallic aspect of the image properly.


This is a 5x7" card. A little bigger than the typical handmade card. The image is large so it can't fit on a standard card size. In person the card is very 3D. The image is matted and layered with foam tape.


I used gold embossing powder for this card and the cardstock is burgundy and goldenrod by Serendipity.



It's hard to take a picture of cards with shiny stuff! I have to keep the light a distance away because the light reflects on the metallic aspect of the card and becomes too shiny. Unfortunately, the result sometimes make the card too dark.


I used copper embossing powder for this card and lined the edge with a copper leaf pen. This is a 5.5 x 5.5 square card.

I like this card the least of the three.

Until later, folks!!

9 comments:

Sonya said...

Wonderful card Maria! I love that you embossed it..looks very stunning!

Rita said...

These cards are absolutely beautiful!!! I'm in awe! I love them all Maria. Awesome color choices.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Cards Maria !
and yes, i agree that it's difficult to photograph well a shiny cards (had few projects rejected from magz jsut bcos they were too shiny or too black/dark !)

Risa said...

These cards are awesome Maria.....fantastic embossing!
malieta:)

jayne said...

Hi Maria
I have this same stamp, and you are right, it looks the best just embossed and nothing else, I too like the first card. This line of stamps has some nice images but I have noticed that the images sometimes don't stamp completely, maybe it is something I am doing wrong but I still like them. Beautiful cards!

Diane said...

Oh my !!!! Those are stunning embossed cards,TFS!!!

Ila said...

Beautiful!! I love the embossing...so Elegant!!

Shannon McGann said...

These are gorgeous! Very antique-y looking!

Anonymous said...

C'est une superbe réalisation! j'aime beaucoup tout ton travail! une grand bravo ROMAIN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |