Saturday, November 24, 2007

Just a Bunch of Christmas Pocket Cards with Inserts!!


Hi Everyone! I made these pocket cards on Wednesday but did not have the time to post them. I'm getting tired of my regular cards and wanted to do something different.

The image on the card to the left was stamped using Stampabilitie's "House Mouse" design stamps. Aren't those mice cute? I have a few Christmas House Mouse stamps that I'll be using in the next few days.













This is the card with the insert pulled out. The half circle slot on the pocket allows the sentiment to show when the insert is put back in the pocket. To create the slot, I used a 1 inch circle punch.

Guess what medium I used to color these mice? Well. . .the answer is "pastels" mixed with watercoloring using markers on glossy white cardstock. Coloring with pastels is much faster than coloring with markers or pencils and the results are pretty nice.
I added glitter to the snow - you can see a little bit of it in the picture.


Just another set of pocket cards.




I colored the snowflake using SU Glittery Blue embossing powder. SU no longer sell the glittery embossing powders. As you can see in the picture, the snowflake and sentiment are really glittery.
The images were stamped using a Close to my Heart stamp set.





These are the last set of pocket cards I made. The Christmas tree background is a cut piece of designer paper by DCWV. The flower image was stamped using SU "Polka Dots & Petals" stamp set and the sentiment is by Studio G.





12 comments:

Shannon McGann said...

These are all fantastic! I especially love the mice - too cute! And I love what you did with the snowflakes - they're so pretty.

Bonnie Weiss said...

Your creations continue to inspire me, Maria and these cards are no exception...wonderful.

pescbrico said...

They are very beautiful! I will have to make one... Theire is so much fun stuff to try! :) Thanks for sharing your passion with us :)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic pocket cards... I am not a fan of these cards, but yours look awesome! Love the colors, the tags, the dimensions... TFS!

Sonya said...

Love those cute mice Maria! I jsut love your pocket cards.

2 Worlds said...

I love pocket cards specially because they have a tag !!
love tags :)

Tracy.H said...

Wow! These are all great, Maria! You have been one busy girl lately...I am so jealous! ;0)

Heather said...

They are all nice but warm winter wishes is by far my favorite!

michelle sturgeon said...

GORGEOUS cards!

Risa said...

These pocket cards are fantastic Maria!
malieta:)

Gail Binette said...

My goodness, you've certainly gotten into the mice this year. They are all so adorable Maria. I also love your use of the festive paper.

Cheryl KVD said...

These are all fabulous!! As always, your cards look so professional!
Cheryl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |