Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Polished Stone Background

Good Morning Friends. Here are two non-Christmas cards I made last night. The stamps are from the unmounted stamps that I bought from this lady. . .unfortunately, I don't know the brand of the stamps on these images.

Hey, I have a question . . .does it matter to you if I include the recipe for the cards I post? Because if it doesn't matter, then I won't include it because it takes time sometimes to figure out what materials I used and type it out.

Anyway, the technique I used for these cards is the "Polished Stone" technique using Adirondack Alcohol Inks. These inks are fabulous.

I colored the image with Prismacolor Pencils with Gamsol while watching Dancing With the Stars last night. Sometimes when I color my images, I get really impatient but when I do it while watching television, I tend to work on my coloring rather than trying to rush through it.

I colored with Prismacolor Markers in a few areas such as the small leaves and the flowers.


Again, the background was created using the "Polished Stone" technique and the image was colored with Prismacolor pencils with Gamsol.























9 comments:

Rita said...

I agree with you, it takes a lot of time to go back & write out the materials we used. I put the picture in my computer & say oh no I forgot to write down the deets to this card, so upastairs I go to figure it all out after looking at the card again. You tell us how you make the card anyway so I think we can figure out the details. Thats opinion anyway, if that helps.

Tracy.H said...

Great cards Maria. Love the image on the last one...very pretty!

No...I don't think you need to give us a list of supplies used. If anyone has a question they can always shoot you an email or leave a comment. I stopped doing it on my blog too.

pescbrico said...

I like this technique for a background... If I really want to know a detail on your card... I could always ask... I bet it will be a lot trouble less for you and I will still be happy :) I'm enjoying looking at your projects :) So if writing down how you make them is taking some of the time you use to do them... well I prefere for you to have more time to play! :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful cards, Maria. I love working with the polished stone technique too. You used the p.s. in such a lovely way in the b.g. Your colouring is awesome. Re the recipe, I'm one to look at a card and figure things out myself. I know how daunting it can be to write it out.

Hugs,
Beth

Bonnie Weiss said...

Personally, Maria, I appreciate anything that you post. Your talent and creativity always amazes me. Your photos of your card samples are always crisp and clear, so if anyone has a question about your techniques or supplies list, they could always private email you.

Sue Reynolds said...

I love your Prisma coloring! I sure can learn a thing or 2 from you! If you used a special technique like polished stone that is the only thing I really like to know. The other details I think we can figure out or email you to ask.

Ila said...

I love these cards Maria...they are Gorgeous and your coloring is Fabulous!!
To be honest sometimes I check out the supply list..but not all the time. I think it is just fine to mention that if anyone has questions they can ask.

Alhambra Club said...

These cards are great, love your flowerpot and tulips your coloring is awesome.

Rita said...

These cards are just so beautiful, I luv them!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |