Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Shojo Manga Girl Card


Hi Friends!! My daughter and I have been practicing drawing Shojo manga. . .basically, it's drawing cute girl images. I've never drew one and the girl on my card is my very first ever. Actually, it didn't turn out the way I wanted it . . .I messed up on her eyes. Her eyes were cock-eyed because I had drawn the reflective white on her pupil on opposite sides and well, it looked strange so I had to color over her pupil with black ink. I also messed up her lips.

But, I decided to use this image on a card because it's my first drawing and it's a start. I created this card for my daughter. She had a cumulative of 4.0 on her last report card so I created the card with my first drawing to give to her. I am so proud of my daughter for working so hard in school. On Friday, we took her out to dinner to celebrate her awesome grades and hung out at Barnes & Nobles afterwards.

We decided to buy a Manga book (Japanese comic) and yesterday, my daughter and I spent the afternoon trying to draw girl images Manga style.

I seriously have a long way to go but I'll practice and I may one day be able to draw manga like the comic books! LOL!

Today is "Cosmic Bowling" day! Whoohoo! I love Cosmic bowling. I can't wait. . .it's just so fun!

Anyway. . . a little bit about my card. By the way, I named my very first Shojo manga "Alexis". . .my daughter's name. It doesn't look like her but that's okay. I scanned my image so I can use her again for future cards.

I colored her with my Copic Markers. Nothing much else to the card other than adding the Prima flower, ribbon, and heart charm.

Hope you all have a fabulous day!!

Card Details:

Image: Alexis (hand drawn), Marcella (Sentiment)
Paper: K&Co designer paper, SU Cameo Coral, Close to Cocoa
Ink: Copic Markers, SU Brilliant Blue
Accessories: Making Memories ribbon, Prima flower, Joann heart brad, silver metallic cord, heart charm

15 comments:

2 Worlds said...

Wow awesome drawing Maria.
We like to go to Barnes & Noble too :)

Tina said...

WWWWWoooooowwww Maria this is just exquisite, i love your Manga, you are so clever, i know this is your first but it is amazing to say it is..... the colours in it are great... fantastic first go at this Maria, you really are so clever and another stunning sketch...and so is your daughter, well done to her too, ... Have a great week... crafty hugs Tina xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Maria! Congrats on your first drawing. 'Alexis' is my daughter's name, too. Sounds like you girls had a blast celebrating her recent achievements. GO ALEXIS!

Little C's Creations said...

hee hee... i love it!!! this is AWESOME!!! u are getting there, girl... you have it in you... come on... keep on going!!!! Love your drawing... before you know it, you will have your own line... I can see it already!!!! Infact, could I possibly BUY this image from you?! LOL!!!! You should make downloads... ok... can't wait to see what's next. I need one of my 2 boys... *hint* *hint*

Your card turned out MARVELOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud to call you my friend!!!

Congrats to your DD. It's hereditary...

Big Hugs,
Jen

Tonniece said...

Excellent drawing Maria. WOW!!!!!!
I likey, likey Much, is there no end to your talent? HEY...you could start doing digital stamps.

Savitri said...

Wow, really? You drew this? WOOOOOOOOW!!!! So so awesome and the colors are great!!! I didn't see the eye issue but hey, I'm no artist. I think your drawing is just perfect :)

Risa said...

What an awesome drawing Maria! Both you and your daughter are very talented!
hugs
Risa:)

JackieLou said...

OOohh Maria I love this card. So so cute...So so artistic Maria.. jack of all crafts hehehehe. I think I wanna make a card with your sketch hehehehe.

Kelli said...

My daughter is a pro at manga drawing, she learned from tutorials at Deviantart.com. I've used some of her art work to make little notebooks for her.

Janna said...

Maria this is so awesome! Okay, I would have never known this was your first attempt! I am blown away!! And how great that you made it with your daughter that is wonderful! Congratulations to her as well! That is quite an accomplishment! I hope you had fun at bowling!

Smiles,
janna

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh My Word Maria so cute girl!!! You are so very talented in so many different ways!!! Your work amazes me and I really enjoy coming to your blog and seeing what you have to share with us. sorry I missed out this weekend I did not get any blogging done with Stampers Club ect... ect... LOL, and man I missed out on a lot of cute stuff over here!!!!

I think you did an awesome job drawing and coloring this cutie!!!

Heather

Ila said...

Totally Fabulous!!...You are So Talented!!...I love your Manga girl!!....Hugs, Ila

Elena said...

Wow! Maria! You are incredibly talented!!! Awesome drawing!!!
I am so happy for your family! And it is wonderful that your daughter is doing all her best work!

Teri said...

Your drawing is great Maria! I love it! Pretty soon, you'll be selling your images in rubber! Congrats on your daughter's 4.0...awesome!!

Sandy said...

I can't believe you drew the girl on this card. Very impressive, Maria. Love the flower embellishment in her hair.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |