Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Flower Anya Card and Flower Template


Good Morning Friends!! I'm in a bad mood today! I admit it. I do go through a funk. . not crafting but in general. I sometimes feel I boxed myself into a life situation that although in itself is all good, I found that it's not exactly what I want.

I know it sounds cryptic. For one thing, I want a career . . I think about my wasted degree . . the one that I sacrificed years of my life for. Now I want another one. Arggh. It sounds really dumb don't you think? I was planning to return to work in September but something came up that will make it impossible to return. Instead, I'm planning to return to school. It's like I'm constantly looking for something but not quite finding it. Maybe I never will. I guess life can't be stagnant. . .if it were then we'll never try to improve ourselves and so I have to look at it as a positive thing.

So. . .I'm sort of in a life limbo so to speak. I want to do so many things and I know it's impossible to do all of them so I do what I like best and put my all into it. I'm not complaining. . .I'm blessed that I have a choice. Not many have the choice. I just feel that maybe my priorities are in the wrong place.

Sometimes in my moments of clarity, I wonder why I made these choices. . .most are a result of circumstances and I just went with what was best for the situation but at the same time, there were other choices. It' may seem like the right choice at the time but when you look at the big picture, it may not have been the best route to have taken.

Sorry. . .I get this way when I'm moody. Remember in my "honest award" post yesterday, I had said that I have lots of journals that I rip up because I don't like what I wrote when I read them later in the future. I usually write in my journals when I'm in a bad mood and I don't like my thoughts when I'm back to my normal good mood. I probably will erase this post in the future! LOL!

Arrggh! This is a card making blog. . .not a personal journal. . .sorry. So with that being said, this is a flower card I made using the template that I created below. I can't recall if I increased the size but the card measures 5 1/2 x 5 1/2".

I folded a 6 x 6" card stock in half and followed the template. I left a fold on one of the petals to keep the card intact.

I used the Greeting Farm Ballerina Anya. ..okay, can we say cute or what? Yup. . .she's adorable. I really had fun creating this card. I also used the Greeting Farm Sunny Glen designer paper kit now available. go check it out!!

Anyway. . .sorry for the moody post. . .I'll be back to my normal self in no time.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!
Card Details:

Stamps: The Greeting Farm Ballerina Anya
Paper: The Greeting Farm Sunny Glen, SU More Mustard, Cameo Coral
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Darice rhinestones, SU Key Tag Punch, Making Memories ribbon, swirl clip

With the template below, if you want to print it, click on the drop menu that is labeled "more". It'll give you the option to print. You may also save it on to your computer. You may view a full page of the template by clicking on the icon to the very top right corner. It'll open up a new window. If you just want to enlarge directly on the blog, click on the + button or the magnifying glass! Anyway, try the tutorial out when you have a chance!





15 comments:

SemSee said...

....WOW...seriously...WOW! This is gorgeous, Maria! As are all of your creations! I've had a little looksie around your blog, and I adore your work... the colours, the layouts..everything! And I wanna thank you for giving something of yourself on your blog - I, for one, am really interested to read about you and bits of your life. I won't go into details here, but I found myself 'nodding' and 'hmmming' in agreement a loy whilst reading! Suffice to say, I know where you're coming from, girl! Anyway, take card and big hugs from your Inky Impressions 'sistah'! Sem x

Mary said...

First of all your card is beautiful! The stamp is so darn adorable and your colors are gorgoeus. I know I say that every time I leave a comment but your colors are always gorgeous. Your design is fantastic. Thank you very much for sharing your template with us.

I always add a little bit about what is going on in my life on my craft blog. :) I find that lots of women enjoy reading about what I'm up to. Well, I feel the same way. I read what you had on your mind. I think it is awesome that you are thinking about going back to school. I have gone back several times for subjects that were not related. I loved working in different fields. You will find what it is your looking for. :) I hope your dau gets better.

Mary

Marisa said...

Hi Maria! Gorgeous card as always!! Feel free to talk about whatever you want!!! It's great to get things out whether you are talking to someone or writing it down!! I understand the frustration of what you were talking about! I sometimes feel that way. But like you, I put my all into the things that I love and I always tell myself that "things happen for a reason" and I just count blessings every single day! :) Have a great day!

Joey said...

Hi Maria, WOW, the detail on this is just beautiful, gorgeous design and colours, I love it. Joey.x

Randi said...

Maria I am so sorry about your funk. I completely understand. I can relate to so much of what you said. I hope you are feeling like yourself soon! I think ripping up your moody journals is probably very theraputic. Vent and destroy. Sounds good to me! ;o)

I love this flower Anya card and the template is just marvelous! You are such a doll for sharing and a constant inspiration!
Take some time to yourself, create, and destroy that funk!
Big hugs!

Joy said...

don't worry...I too sometimes go into a funk and don't feel like I'm happy with where I'm at, but I know that this is my life and that I must make the best of it. as for your adorable card...I love the colors and the flower card! love the popped up hair too! TFS and hopefully you cheer up =)

Risa said...

Your card is too cute for words Maria! I love the originality of it..so pretty! And..your image and embellishments are stunners!
hugs
Risa:)
p.s. I think most of us go through periods of feeling simply yucky. I know that I do. All of this will pass and before you know it, you will be bubbly again! Take care and I'm sending a ((((((((BIG HUG)))))) your way!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh girl you are amazing, I love your work, so darling.

de said...

Amazing card! Beautiful colors, the flower template rocks and as always your images are colored beautifully. TFS the template too!

I can SOOO relate to what you are saying. I am like that too. I think, what do I REALLY have to complain about, but I'm not happy where I am either and I am ALWAYS looking for more and trying new things. I guess in some ways it's good, it helps us to grow and learn, but it can be very frustrating when you are always chasing something and question your actions of the past. Hang in there! Maybe we are just meant to be that way... think about all the things you would have not experienced if you were a very complacent person. Don't get me wrong, those folks out there that are, it's not a bad thing. It's just that some people are meant to be that way, and others aren't! Embrace your ambitions! Don't beat yourself up. You're an amazing person!

Michelle said...

Love the card and how nice of you to share the template. Your work is beautiful and such an inspiration to me!

Sorry to hear you are in a funk - we all go through it and it's ok to vent. This may be a card making blog but it's your blog, we are your friends, and we are here for you so vent away!! I hope things get better!!

Elena said...

What a fun card! I love the flower shape! Thank you so much for sharing a template, Maria! I think if you feel like going to school, you should do it...

Danni said...

Hope today is a brighter day without the funk. I think we all go through those!
Gorgeous project! Wonderful job!

Little C's Creations said...

Ok, first - love your card, it is drop dead gorgeous... and thanks for the template - I'll have to find something like it, or create one on my cricut...

On your other topic - I'm always looking for something new to do, too!! That drives me crazy, because I don't have time to do everything!!! But I have to always remind myself of looking at what's in front of me, and what needs to be done right now, and then what I want to do is forgotten. But I'm just talking about my day to day things, not like you, career wise. Even when doing projects, I'm always hoping to try something new, and don't end up doing.... hooo hummmm....

Well, hang in there, sister....

Hugs,
Jen

CreativeMish said...

So cute! I love the flower. and the little Anya stamp fits perfect with it!

Gram E. Bear said...

As always, a beautiful card! You have such talent using bright colors in your work. They are so cheerful to look at. I'm delighted with each new one I see.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |