Thursday, July 23, 2009

Christmas Stampin All Year Long Card Set Challenge #1

Hi Friends! Christmas Stampin All Year Long will be having 2 challenges a week. . .Monday is the regular card challenges and Thursday's will be the "card set" challenges. What is the "Card Set" challenges? Well, the challenge is to make simple multiple Holiday (Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc) or Celebration cards (birthday, congratulations, etc). You need to make a set of cards (3 or more) . . .the minimum should be at least 3 cards. . . .basically, assembly style. The cards need to be of the same design following a challenge that will be provided. There may be variations to the challenge. . .sometimes the challenge may be a color challenge or a "theme" challenge.

This week's challenge is to follow a sketch. I decided to create Thanksgiving cards and I made 7 of them! Whoohoo! I was pretty ambitious! LOL! Actually, making multiple cards of the same design are actually fast and easy. . .much faster and easier than making cards of different design that's for sure.

I think I'll make a few more sets of Thanksgiving card in the next two weeks and I'll be done with my Thanksgiving cards! Amazing! After that I'll work on my Halloween cards!

To make the process of coloring the images easier, I decided to watercolor the images using my SU markers on watercolor paper.

I did do a bit of layering on the design but not as much as I typically would. The goal is to keep the card simple but I couldn't resist adding a few layers.

Stop by Christmas Stampin All Year Long and play along. The sketch to follow is shown below!


I'm still archiving photos to CDs. A few of you recommended other
ways to archive my photos besides CDs. I'm atually archiving them on DVDs which stores about 4MB of data. I don't want to use an SD card or memory card because it's too tiny. . .I may lose it. LOL!

There are online storage that were recommended but honestly, I'm sort of old school. I'm suspicious of online stuff. Can you believe it? I don't want to archive my photos and files with a third party because I'm afraid they'll be accessible to someone else and used without my permission. A few of you mentioned using an exterior hard drive. That could be an option but I like having the DVDs. . .which I can view on my computer as well as on a DVD machine. Thank you all for the different suggestions!!

Anyway. . here is the challenge sketch. Hope you'll play along!! Comment on Christmas Stampin All Year Long Challenge blog with the link to your multiple cards!!

Card Details:

Stamps: Stampin UP Grand Cornucopia, Harvest Home
Paper: DCWV designer paper, SU Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, More Mustard, watercolor paper
Ink: SU Markers
Accessories: JoAnn Brads, CB Embossing Folder, Fiskar Scallop Scissors, Coluzzle Oval Template




9 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous cards Maria! Love the image and the great coloring! TFS!

de said...

Beautiful my shutter bug friend! LOL.

Norine said...

love these the colors are so pretty
Hugs
Norine

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful set of cards Maria!! I love the colors and sketch. Your coloring is AWESOME as usual! :D

Elena said...

Wow! Fabulous set of the cards! Love the stamp you chose!
Thank you for sharing your sketch!

WickedPixie said...

These are simply stunning! Your water-coloring is YUMMY and I love everything else about these cards too! :-) Traci

Sandra said...

Maria,gorgeous cards and the colors are beautiful!!
Sandy

Risa said...

Wow....your cards are fabulous Maria! I love the beautiful fall colors and your coloring is awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

CreativeMish said...

It will be here before we know it! I love this card! Fall colors are my favorite!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |