Saturday, May 22, 2010

Scrap Pile Saturday Challenge #12 - Hearts and Large Scallop Border SVG, SCUT, GSD file

Hello Friends!! It's Scrap Pile Saturday Challenge time again!! I'm sorry I didn't post the challenge last week! I was busy cleaning my craft room and forgot to post it! This card was suppose to be last week's challenge but since I didn't post it, it's this week's challenge.

Before we begin with the challenge, I'd like to highlight the motivated and talented ladies who decided to play along with SPS Challenge #11. Check out the cute cards they created:

Tracey of My Creative Place
Sheryl of Sheryl's Crafting Corner
Jan of Tweet Designs

Just to let you know. . .if you want to play along and want to refer back to this challenge, at the top corner of my blog, click on SPS Challenges or at the top, before my posts, I also included a link. That's where all my Scrap Pile Saturday challenges are located.

Now to this week's challenge:

Hearts Challenge. The challenge is to create a card and apply at least 3 hearts shape to your card. It can be from chipboards, embellishments, stamped images, punched hearts, etc. The minimum is three hearts. Simple enough huh? Hope you'll play along this week!

Okay, here are the rules:


1. Other than your card/project base, the face of your card MUST be created using ONLY designer paper and card stock from your scrap pile. Do not cut up any new card stock or designer paper. This rule also applies to 3D projects such boxes, bags, etc.

2. Embellishments added to your card MUST be from "opened" packages. Do not open up a new package or roll of ribbon, brads, buttons, etc.


What inspired this challenge? Well, do you see the big heart? Well, I've had this heart chipboard for a long time and whenever I go through my scrap pile, I always come across it but I never was motivated to use it because of the size of the heart. Last week I decided to just use it.

I wanted a large scallop border for my card but all my scallop punches were small scallops so I decided to create my own scallop border. LOL! Hey. . .if you don't have it, find a way to get it. . .that's my philosophy. . .:) It helps that I can create my own files.

The stitches are hand drawn using my Sakura gel pen. I really should use my sewing machine more often but me and my sewing machine are not friendly with one another. It hates me. . .I wonder how I can get it to be nicer to me. It always gives me heartburn because it won't cooperate. Even a simple stitch is a huge undertaking. Me and my sewing machine need to settle our differences. LOL!

Okay here is the scallop border that I created. It's very simple and you probably already have a large scallop border but I didn't. I figured I'd share it anyway because not all of us have every cutting files available. Hey. . .I do know a few people have all the Cricut cartridges. That's a huge investment. . .not me, I think I only have 4 cartridges total. I prefer to create my own because I'm not rolling in a ton of dough. . .if you know what I mean. People like me have to find creative means to acquire things. . .:)


To download the SCUT file, click on the image
To download the SVG file, Click Here
To download the GSD file, Click Here

Please click on the appropriate file that works with your program and cutting machine.

Just to let you know. . .the SCUT file's width is 5". I created it at that size to accommodate my card but you can adjust it to any size you want. . .:).

Hope you'll play along this week! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!




3 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on May. 22, 2010. Thanks again.

Riet said...

Wowwww So beautiful Maria.

hugs Riet.xx

TRACEY O said...

Pretty card Maria. I'm really enjoying your challenges. Keep them coming

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |