Saturday, December 3, 2011

Crazy 4 Challenges C4C116


Hello Friends! Guess what! It's Crazy 4 Challenges time again and it's another fun challenge this week! This week's challenge is to create a card or project inspired by your favorite Christmas movie. Be sure to stop by the C4C blog and check out the pretty cards the crazies created this week or stop by their individual blogs:



Believe it or not but I couldn't think of a "favorite" movie but I have a lot of favorite Christmas TV specials one of which is "Frosty the Snowman". It's in the old claymation style of animation. . .I've watched it every Christmas when I was a child and amazingly, they still show it today. The other Christmas specials in claymations are "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". So. . .I decided to create a card with Frosty the Snowman in mind.

Just a bit of information about my card. I used an old retired Stampin Up stamp set for the snowmen image. I used Scribble Iridescent paint to create the snow. . .I sprinkled a bit of glitter on it before it dried. I really like the effect.

I glued the dew drops to parts of my card and on to the 3D snowflake stickers. I love how they actually looks like real dew drops. . .


Here is a close up of the snow. I wish I didn't cover it up with the sentiment . . .oh well. Maybe I'll make another card with the same image and use a smaller sentiment so the snow would should up more! I love how it's all glittery!!

Anyway. . .that's basically it! Hope you all will play along with us this week!!!

Hope you have a wonderful Saturday!

5 comments:

Riet said...

So beautiful card Maria,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

StampOwl said...

You have me singing Frosty the snowman now LOL ... awesome card Maria

Dawn Easton said...

I LOVE that movie too!!! Fabulous card, Maria! Love the addition of all that glittery snow! Sweet!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

So SWEET!!! Love the gorgeous colors here...fabulous, Maria!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a cheery card. I love the colours and the snowmen.

Ter ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |