Saturday, September 29, 2012

Crochet Hats and Christmas Cards

 
 Hi Friends!!  Gosh I think I'm back to my old crafty self!  I've been on the roll creating stuff!  It's nice to have the old me back. . .not quite the same old me but I've been having fun creating again.  I've been working on crochet hats a lot lately.  I just made the one above last night.  It's a super slouchy hat made with soft acrylic yarn.  It's very light weight and just an overall fun hat to use during the winter.


With this hat I used a chunky wool yarn.  It's more of a beret style than a slouchy hat.  Wool keeps your head really warm and with the yarn being chunky, it's a good hat on a windy day.


Yup, I worked on cards too!  Yipee!  I went through my containers and found this old Stampin Up rubber stamp.  I heat embossed the image using white embossing powder.  You can't really tell in the photo that it's heat embossed but heat embossing is a great way to have a white image on a darker card stock.


Maybe you can see the embossing better in this picture.


This image is by Close to My Heart.  My first time to use it and I think I bought it 2 or 3 years ago.  All I did was color it with my Copic Markers and added Tullip's Puffy Paint to create the snow.  To make the paint puff, you heat it up with a heating tool and it puffs up.  It's a great way to create snow on your cards.

I added my handmade crochet flower on to the ribbon for embellishment.  Just letting you know. . .I sell crochet flowers in my Etsy shop. . just like the one on my card.  I crochet them myself. . .:)

Anyway, sorry I haven't been posting regularly but I've been busy creating!  I'm going to be looking for a real job soon so I'm making the most of the time I have in creating and selling them.  The extra money I make on Etsy helps a lot while I'm still out of a job.  If you have the time, please pray for my success in finding an RN job soon.  I would really appreciate your prayers.  Thank you for stopping by my blog!!


Etsy Shop: Inspired &Unscripted
Like my Facebook Page
 

1 comment:

Donna said...

So glad to see you crafting again and posting on your blog! I hope things are getting better for you and your daughter and that you find a job soon! Sending hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |