Sunday, March 10, 2013

My Weird Habit

Okay don't laugh.  This is a weird subject but I don't know. . .about a few months ago, I got into the habit of trying to squeeze whiteheads off my face.  I don't know how it started but I would touch my face and I would feel something rough on my face. . .like a small bump.  I then would try to scratch or squeeze it off my face.  I would typically do this while I'm doing idyl things like watching television.  

It started to become a habit. . .I almost did it sub-consciously.  The problem with this habit is because I'm not doing it in front of a mirror, I sometimes don't realize what I'm actually doing to my skin.  Later when I look in the mirror, I realize I've scratched off my skin.

I don't know. . maybe I have psychological issues. . LOL!  I started to have little scars on my face. . .nothing really bad but well, I never had scars on my face in the past so it began to disturb me.  One day while browsing through Little Tokyo in LA, I came across a store that sold various Asian beauty products and there was this tool (shown above).  It's a whitehead/blackhead pore squeezing tool.

OMG!  The answer to my face picking!  Problem is I've become somewhat obsessed with squeezing the whiteheads out.  I don't have blackheads so all that is squeezed out are these white things.  I think most of you know what I'm talking about.  I know. . .gross.  It's not that I had a lot of whiteheads but I just became fascinated with it.  I can't believe I'm telling ya' all about this but I just find it so hilarious.

Anyway, luckily I've come to realize that I am destroying my skin and have stopped being so obsessed with it!   But, the good news, this tool really really works and is very handy if you want to squeeze out a blackhead or whitehead.  It's cleaner than using your nails to squeeze them out.  

I'm fortunate that I don't have many pimples. . .and my skin is in fairly good condition considering what I've been doing to it.  I do highly  recommend this tool  . . .just don't get weird about it like I did.
 
Here is a tutorial on how to use the tool:



That's it for today.  I created a few cards today. . .I'll post them tomorrow.  I still need to take photos of them.

Hope ya' all had a wonderful weekend!


Etsy Shop: Inspired & Unscripted
Like my Facebook Page
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha...you are hilarious! I own a couple of these tools! lol

Lourdes said...

I have to say that was a little gross. LOL
BUT very informative.

Becky said...

Great tool, and great tutorial. Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |