Floral Thank You Card
Hello Friends! Happy Wednesday. Since retiring I've been trying to work out some sort of life schedule. I've asked a few retired people for advise and some say for the first few months to just relax and go with the flow; to just enjoy my free time and not focus on any sort of schedule. Before I retired, I had the mindset that when I retire I would immediately tackle all the projects I have put on the backburner such as organizing my garage; redesigning my office and craft room; start on home improvement projects like painting my exercise room; and start exercising. I actually started a list of goals and all the things I want to get done.
The first week of retirement I reorganized my office. Because I worked remotely from home, I wanted to turn my work office into a journaling/planner room. I did manage to reorganize my desk, drawers and cabinets. I also started an exercise schedule. I started going for a walk daily. I also worked on my yard by pruning my plants and other yard work. I traveled to Vegas for a family reunion my first weekend. After returning from Vegas, I felt so burnt out. On my second week of retirement, my body started aching a little. I think I over did it the first week of retirement. I continued on the same schedule but I felt so tired from all the activities the previous week. I decided on this 3rd week of retirement that I'm just going to relax and slow it down a little. I have to remind myself that I don't need to do everything all at once. On the other hand, I feel like I'm wasting my free time and I start to have a strange feeling of FOMO (fear of missing out). I feel like I should be going on adventures and start on all the projects I had wanted to do. I don't know, I'll figure it out. Right now, today anyway, I decided to focus on just relaxing, take a nap if I need to and do some crafting.
This morning I woke up early and did my morning walk then later sat in my backyard to drink a cup of tea before it got too hot to sit outside. It was nice to be able to sit in my yard in the morning; something I couldn't do when I was working. It's the simple things that I really am grateful for. I do feel blessed that I was able to do an early retirement. Honestly, it was something I had wanted but didn't think it was actually possible. Everything aligned in a way that allowed it to happen.
I created this card this morning. I used a few floral images that I had stamped and colored about a year ago. I have a stockpile of already colored stamped images. I had stamped the images with the intention of using them to design a bunch of mini scrapbook albums that I created but never had the chance to finish.
I colored the images by using a dauber. I rubbed ink on to white card stock and stamped the images over it. It's the fastest way to color floral images. It allowed me to color a lot of images. I then cut the images out with scissors.
I'll work on a few more cards today. I can't wait to share them with all of you. Have a great day!
Visit me on Instagram: Stampin Inspirations




No comments:
Post a Comment